How many cases?

berlingo

We are doing the Western Med on the Ventura in July for 14 nights.

We are a family of four with two daughters aged 15 and 11 years and we females have an awful lot of clothes, toiletries, shoes etc .None of us know how to travel light. As we are sailing from Southampton this will be our first cruise without a luggage weight limit which is great. However we do not want to be the only family with lots and lots of luggage and embarrass my poor husband too much!

I am curious to know how much and what luggage fellow cruisers are likely to be taking along.

(I have already had to disillusion my eldest who thought it was common sense to take fourteen pairs of shoes for a fourteen night cruise.)

Many Thanks Julia

Are you all in one cabin, or two cabins? You can take as many cases as you like, and with 4 people for two week cruise 8 cases would be ok, but storage will be a problem if all in one cabin. Some will go under the bed, and you can put the smaller ones inside larger cases when unpacked. Any cases left, ask your steward to store them for you - he has a room for this purpose.

On Oriana our two V Large cases-on-wheels would not store under the bed (although they do on Arcadia?) we left them against the wall in cabin as we quite a large one, but I did see many empty cases in the gangways of our deck to be collected and stored away.

Thanks very much Libra lass.

We are all together in a mini suite / deluxe balcony cabin. The children are in the double sofa bed so storing all the cases in the cabin may well be a problem.

I wonder if anyone has given their suitcases to their room steward on the Ventura and whether they got them back easily?

hi berlingo.yes you can give your cases to your room steward to keep for you we always do.then when that awfull time arrives and you have to repack just ask the steward.hope you have a great time on ventura,we did.happy sailing..humpy..

I have been known to take two cases and one holdall plus hand luggage, just for me. Even the very largest cases often fit under the beds if they are opened out.

On the P&O cruise forum site, they did a poll to see who took the most cases on a cruise from Southampton, and I think the record turned out to be 14 cases.:eek:

lol, wow, I dont think I could fill 14 if I wanted to and I have a lot of clothes.:)

WOW so if I manage to stick with my plan between the four of us of; 4 large cases, 2 back packs of hand luggage, one smallish trolley case ( ? :)to accommodate beverages) and Mr Berlingos suit carrier I maybe travelling TOO lightly!!

I love this cruise more and more. ( I wonder if I can persuade Mr B to put a roof box onto our people carrier?)

PS I hope my teenager does not read this- she will take 14 cases to be the minimum luggage allowance.

Berlingo

Don't forget to pack some backpacks/bags for overnight stuff for disembarkation morning, as you have to put all your cases out the night before and will need a few bags for nightwear and toiletries... I use a plain hessian one from Tescos ( the posher re-cycle bags with padded handles instead of using plastic bags type) Also good for a seaday onbaord ship for towels and costumes...

Archived