Cruise to Nowhere.. To Insure or not to Insure??

trock

OK I am a firm believer in travel insurance and have insured every cruise I have ever taken..

We are booked for the Miracle two night cruise to nowhere.. I was going to insure it.. and my friends are saying why??

Hmmm.. Can't really come up with a reason...Help

1. Medical- WHY? no ports.. We will sale back in two days... Either way it's two days

2. Cancelation.. if CCL cancels.. they will reimburse... and if we cancel individually, it's not like cancelation for any reason is worth the price for a CTN... ??

3.Baggage,... No luggage except small carry on..

????

trock - Did you check with your Health Insurance to determine if you're covered on the ship, in International waters) - that's about your only "exposure" on a CTN. Ken

I think I am.. but I will check.. Other than that.. I really cant think of a reason!! you??

LOL!

On a cruise to nowhere wouldn't the coast guard come get you if you needed to be airlifted? They don't charge anything right?

I wouldn't insure because of elderly parents either for a CTN. I'd just eat the loss.

I don't think you have any good reason to insure.

Bill

On a cruise to nowhere wouldn't the coast guard come get you if you needed to be airlifted? They don't charge anything right?

I wouldn't insure because of elderly parents either for a CTN. I'd just eat the loss.

I don't think you have any good reason to insure.

Bill

me either thanks!!:)

I wouldn't count on the Coast Guard being free of charge, even a fire department charges you.

You very well could be right. That is just what I have read on here in the past.

Having never actually encountered the situation and hopefully never will, I don't know for sure.:)

Bill

I think I am.. but I will check.. Other than that.. I really cant think of a reason!! you??

LOL!

I see no reason to insure (especially since most of the insurances have some minimum like $39 or so) for your situation!

Just as a "nicety", I'd call my Health Insurance Customer Service to see what your Policy's coverage is on a CTN (while in International waters, just off the US/Canada Coast, but not porting anywhere), and check your Credit Card for any (minimal) Trip Cancellation Coverage.

Enjoy,

ken

I wouldn't count on the Coast Guard being free of charge, even a fire department charges you.

A coast guard helivac is not free.

T

I didn't purchase insurance for any of our cruises...just sailing by the seat of my pants (or bathing suit) I guess. I don't plan to get it for our fall cruise either, but will be thinking about it for future ones. My luck can only last so long.:rolleyes:

I'm a big believer in travel insurance but haven't gotten it for either CTN we've done. It was something like $69 to cover a cruise we only paid $199 a person for. :rolleyes: My health insurance would cover me in that circumstance so no real need other than cancellation.

For me it is the risk of loss that matters. On a one night CTN when I pay only $99 pp I do not buy insurance but for a 2 night on the Dream, where the cost is higher because it is a new ship I did buy it. Cost of insurance with cancel for any reason was only $80 for 4 people.

SO i can get insurance incase i get sick or break my toe or whatever and can not sail.. with medical and medical evac

for $31..

I think for only $31 and peace of mind I will get it

Here it is..Coverage is pp

Benefits provided per person by Worldwide Travel Protection :

Trip Cancellation $567.14

Trip Interruption $850.72

Emergency Medical/Dental Coverage $50,000

Emergency Medical Transportation $1,000,000

Baggage Coverage $2,500

Baggage Delay $200

Travel Delay $1,000

Missed Connection $500

Travel Accident $50,000

24-Hour Hotline Assistance Included

May possibly include a Pre-ex Waiver if

purchased no later than final payment date

I never get trip insurance. My dad does but he has health issues and did use it for his last vacation.

Our first cruise, the flight was delayed due to fog, I called carnival as we were going to miss the boat and they said they could credit us towards another cruise if we wanted to.

Nope, no insurance for me.

OK I am a firm believer in travel insurance and have insured every cruise I have ever taken..

We are booked for the Miracle two night cruise to nowhere.. I was going to insure it.. and my friends are saying why??

Hmmm.. Can't really come up with a reason...Help

1. Medical- WHY? no ports.. We will sale back in two days... Either way it's two days

2. Cancelation.. if CCL cancels.. they will reimburse... and if we cancel individually, it's not like cancelation for any reason is worth the price for a CTN... ??

3.Baggage,... No luggage except small carry on..

????

Toni,

The cost of insurance for a 2 day CTN should be low.

Your #1 Medical!!!

I had an unplanned HEART ATTACK, Who has a 'planned' one?:rolleyes:

The bills ran over $100,000.00..........................................:eek:

$31? Get it.

Toni,

The cost of insurance for a 2 day CTN should be low.

Your #1 Medical!!!

I had an unplanned HEART ATTACK, Who has a 'planned' one?:rolleyes:

The bills ran over $100,000.00..........................................:eek:

Yep.. $31.. a no brainer!

Here, here... from the wife of another UNPLANNED 47 year-old heart attack victim on the Liberty. His travel insurance = $44. The total expenses of said medical emergency = over $110,000. Definitely a no brainer. Enjoy your CTN!!!

Archived