Dining in Southampton

We'll be arriving in Southampton the night before our cruise. Anyone have any suggestions for dinner? I would actually like fish and chips and thought I found the perfect place -- Harry Ramsden's -- but they close at 6:00 p.m. We probably won't head out for dinner until that time.

Appreciate any suggestions (doesn't have to be fish and chips).

Thanks -

We'll be arriving in Southampton the night before our cruise. Anyone have any suggestions for dinner? I would actually like fish and chips and thought I found the perfect place -- Harry Ramsden's -- but they close at 6:00 p.m. We probably won't head out for dinner until that time.

Thanks -

I didn't realise HR's closed that early. Looks like you are staying in Soton on a weekday. In that case there is bound to be a chippy near your hotel...ask the staff (Sundays and Mondays most chippys are usually closed). If not, most pubs do food. Again, your hotel should point you in the right direction. If you are being picked up by a cab at the station or something, ask the cabbie; they are bound to know!!

Simon

If you like Indian food I can thoroughly recommend KUTI's in Oxford Street. My wife and I always choose to fly down to Southampton the day before the ship sails specifically to enjoy a pre-cruise dinner there - "expensive curry" I hear you say, but worth every penny for us ;).

http://www.kutis.co.uk/

Enjoy!

Hi Bruce n Lynn,

I live close to Southampton and have found the following website very useful when choosing places to eat in the area.

http://www.ladieswholunch-in-hampshire.co.uk/directory.htm

Just scroll down to 'Southampton' and you will see a number of eateries listed. Some are pubs, and some are restaurants.

Some may be walkable from your hotel, but I would recommend that you use a taxi, particularly when returning. Taxis are quite cheap, and your 'eatery' will be pleased to phone one for you.

Terry

Hi Bruce n Lynn,

I live close to Southampton and have found the following website very useful when choosing places to eat in the area.

http://www.ladieswholunch-in-hampshire.co.uk/directory.htm

Just scroll down to 'Southampton' and you will see a number of eateries listed. Some are pubs, and some are restaurants.

Some may be walkable from your hotel, but I would recommend that you use a taxi, particularly when returning. Taxis are quite cheap, and your 'eatery' will be pleased to phone one for you.

Terry

What a great website! Thanks so much for the info.

Also, appreciate all the comments from everyone.

Archived