4 teen girls -- pick us an excursion!

MrsPete

We've been to Jamaica on a previous cruise. We used Peat Taylor's service. We've been to Dunn's River Falls, and we've done the island tour -- we enjoyed them, but we want to do something new!

So . . . what should we do on our next trip? I need ideas! Nothing is grabbing me. Here are some specifics about us:

We have four girls, ages 16, 16, 13, and 12. Two aren't especially what you'd call adventureous. Please help us pick something fun to do in Jamaica!

We rode ATVs in Cozumel last time and LOVED IT! I was interested in doing something simliar in Jamaica this time (for different scenery), and I found this website: http://www.wildernessatvtours.com/atvtours.htm But I haven't heard from anyone who's actually used their service, and that matters to me.

We'd enjoy something beach-related, but since it's the day after Labadee I don't want JUST a sit-on-the-beach day -- are there wave runners to rent anywhere?

I'm not sure river tubing is for us -- can anyone give me details? I could be wrong.

I thought we might enjoy Green Grotto Caves, but I can't seem to find much of anything about them, which makes me wonder if they're a bad choice.

Shopping isn't high on our list of favorite things to do -- we care about photographs, but not souveniers.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Our family really enjoyed the tubing:).
Can you give me some details? I'm nervous about the idea of tubing because I have the impression that we could be separated, and the 12 and 13 year olds are a YOUNG 12 and 13.

Mrs. Pete, not sure what cruise line you are on, but the new Mystic Mountain might be perfect for everyone; Sky ride - chairlift fits 4 each chair, choice of Bob Sled ride +$, Zip line adventure +$ or just enjoy the pool with waterslide, gift shop, museum, restaurant. Cruise ship tours at least include the transportation and I understand return trip is available when YOU are ready not on a set schedule. Ship tours may also be a little more reasonable than private for this adventure.

Mrs. Pete, not sure what cruise line you are on, but the new Mystic Mountain might be perfect for everyone; Sky ride - chairlift fits 4 each chair, choice of Bob Sled ride +$, Zip line adventure +$ or just enjoy the pool with waterslide, gift shop, museum, restaurant. Cruise ship tours at least include the transportation and I understand return trip is available when YOU are ready not on a set schedule. Ship tours may also be a little more reasonable than private for this adventure.
Hmmm . . . I know nothing about this, but I'm off to google! Thanks for the tip!

the bobsled thing looks interesting. I jsut saw it on the carnival excursion list.

now seeing if I can find the excursion cheaper on our own.

no prices though=- http://www.caribbeanlogue.com/rainforest-bobsled-jamaica-at-mystic-mountain.html

this is what carnival has to say:

Calling all rollercoaster enthusiasts and adventure seekers…you will love this new thrill ride, the Jamaica Bobsled.

On this excursion you will:

• Board an air conditioned shuttle bus for the short drive to Mystic Mountain.

• Arrive and ride the Sky Explorer chairlift for a picturesque 15-minute ride through the tropical canopy to the top station.

• Enjoy a few minutes here browsing the interactive displays which showcase Jamaica’s history, culture and the story of Jamaica’s original bobsled team that competed in the 1988 and 1992 Winter Olympics.

• Listen to an orientation and safety briefing. Board your bobsled for an exhilarating ride.

• “Fly” down the mountain and through the lush tropical forest on a specially built Jamaica Bobsled and raised track; the ride features a gravity-driven plunge of 3,280 feet with twists and turns as you make your way through the tropical forest!

• Control the speed of your descent with an in-sled hand brake, allowing for either a leisurely ride or a pulse quickening dive to the bottom of the mountain.

• Stop, then you and the bobsled are slowly raised back to the top of the mountain on an elevated tramway.

• Spend as much time as you desire at the top admiring the panoramic views, swimming in the infinity edge pool, or enjoying a tasty snack from the restaurant; when you are ready to depart, simply hop on the Sky Explorer back to the bottom where a shuttle will take you back to the ship.

Note: Minimum height is 46 inches. Children must be at least 8 years old to ride the Bobsled unaccompanied by an adult. Food and beverages are available for purchase at the restaurant. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries or heart conditions are not permitted on this excursion. Additional Bobsled rides can be purchased at the park. Closed-toe shoes are recommended. Bring a swimsuit and towel if you plan on swimming in the pool.

• 4 weeks later...

take the tour up to Mystic Mtn..from there you ll be able to get a great view of your ship..at the top they ve got a cultural center..and the bobsled run..and zipline..

do the zip-line as you prepare to leave..it ends half way down the chair lift and you can all catch it to the bottom..then do some shopping at the Taj befor return to the ship..

The BEST shore excursion we have had in any of our cruises was with Hooves (hoovesjamaicaDOTcom). We were travelling with our 17 y.o. son, his 17 y.o. cousin and our 9 y.o. daughter. Their driver picked us up at the ship and drove us to the historic plantation. We are rank novice riders and got a good safety briefing and then got on the horses and rode down the hill to the beach. There were two guides with the five of us. As we went along the lead guide told us about the history of the area which goes back to the 15th century, and stopped to show us the plants and their uses. Then we had a long ride on the beach and in the water. We then rode back up to the plantation and were driven back to the pier.As I said, we are all novice riders but I grew up on a farm and I can tell you the horses are beautufully cared-for. They are retired race horses rescued by Hooves. When we were talking about our favorite shore excursion, all five of us voted for Hooves. We will definitely go back there. Here is a picture of us at Hooves:

1856618096_FiveHorsemen.jpg.88b595b2ffafd1ca7fbb0d609bff993a.jpg

Try Bamboo Beach Club. We just returned from there with our two teenage children - 15 and 17 - and they both had a great time. It's at Reggae Beach, which is gorgeous, and is all inclusive of food and drinks. There's fun entertainment, including professional dancing shows, and good music always playing. The swimming was excellent and the beach looked like a postcard!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived