Carnival Pride Breaks Record From Baltimore

mikedw

on the Pride out of Baltimore last week......and it was great.....I believe more and more people will take a cruise from Baltimore because it cuts out the money for flights for allot of people and the drive is shorter than to other ports. It is 35 minutes from my house. And we will go again.

I live right in Locust Point (can see the ships easily from the end of my street). Could not be happier!

Hmmmm, fly to Florida or leave practically from the end of my block . . . lemme think . . .

Bravo, Carnival!!

They brought ships home from Europe and relocated vessels to make cruises more accessible and affordable and they were a bit beat up for it.

Glad to see they were right...

Congrats, Baltimore!!!

:)

I love the convenience of leaving from Baltimore, but it costs so much more than a Florida departure! Two similar cruises I looked at had a $1,000 different in price for four of us. Not having airfare for all of us made it a wash. Parking in Baltimore vs. transportation to and from the port in Florida were close. All in all, we're paying slightly more for the Baltimore departure.

But, it will be very nice to wake up, have breakfast at our leisure, throw the suitcases in the car and be on the ship in less than two hours.

From someone on the Eastern SHore by the bay bridge......nothing like seeing the ship go under the bridge! I think that will be our next cruise after the Glory. Leave and be on a ship in two hours....pure bliss. It is a little more money...but the convience alone is priceless!

Sandi:)

We've already sailed once in May and are sailing again in August, so obviously I'm a big fan. I'm still a little skeptical about the success during the winter months. It will probably yield great deals that I can take advantage of, which pleases me to no end, but I'm not sure if they will continue the year end sailings if the interest drops off for nine months of the year.

I love the convenience of leaving from Baltimore, but it costs so much more than a Florida departure! Two similar cruises I looked at had a $1,000 different in price for four of us. Not having airfare for all of us made it a wash. Parking in Baltimore vs. transportation to and from the port in Florida were close. All in all, we're paying slightly more for the Baltimore departure.

But, it will be very nice to wake up, have breakfast at our leisure, throw the suitcases in the car and be on the ship in less than two hours.

Welcome to our world!!

Our cruises from Galveston are quite a bit more expensive than cruises from NOLA or Florida because the demand is high! You folks in Baltimore are experiencing the same phenomenon.

Perhaps, if the 'novelty' of sailing from Baltimore wears off the prices may drop...

This is just my personal supposition, but knowing our state, I suspect the Maryland Port Administration is likely taking a bigger piece of the revenue pie than other ports.

There's talk of a second birth and a expanded or second building. Someone has to pay for that.

This is just my personal supposition, but knowing our state, I suspect the Maryland Port Administration is likely taking a bigger piece of the revenue pie than other ports.

There's talk of a second birth and a expanded or second building. Someone has to pay for that.

No doubt Carnival entered into a contract with the Port Authority but I don't think that the PA saw much revenue from it.

Typically, the lines will be offered incentives to locate a ship at at port because of the massive economic impact of a vessel... $152,000,000 this year alone for Baltimore...

There's a lot of competition for cruise ships... almost ANY cruise ship!!

Does anyone have pictures? We are going on July 3 and it is cheaper than flying, staying in a hotel, eating, etc. We are paying $829 per person for a balcony cabin the first one we were able to afford. We are in 7280.

I am leaving next Saturday. Have been to the port and the Pride is a great looking ship. I have only left from Florida and it is so nice knowing I can pack what I want, (no weight restrictions) wake up in my own bed on departure date, no airport security, no flight delays, just a leisurly drive to the port, 30 minutes at the most. Surely worth the extra few hundred I am paying but no airfare so I think it is a wash. The ports aren't my favorite but I am all about the cruising and the company I am with. Hopefully more cruises are added that I can take advantage of.

Archived