Cruising in December

zelker

Looking at a Southern Carib 15 night cruise in December that leaves the Friday before Christmas (12/18) which is a full week before Xmas, until Jan. 2nd. Am looking for opinions on these dates -- does it leave early enough before the Xmas and New Years holidays that it will likely NOT be full of kids?

Please don't take offense if you have kids :) but we really prefer to cruise when it is more family-free (and therefore, more laid back, IOHO).

I don't think there would be hundreds of children (but maybe some/few) on a 15 day cruise. I have seen some cruise lines that alternate itineraries but return to the originating port half way through to embark/disembark passengers. It doesn't sound like that's the case where it's a 15 day cruise. Good luck to you. I hope it works out well.:)

Yep, I'd guess the demographic will be older. Most families with small children want to bo home for Xmas or at lelast not be gone for the 2 weeks surrounding it. In general the longer the cruise the older demographic due to cost and ability to have that much time away.

I think you are doing the perfect cruise to avoid families with little kids. Have agreat time! What cruiseline are you using?

I don't think it will be full of kids as you would find for either a seven day cruise.

But you will have some children. And how many is always tough to say as it really can vary by year.

But, just a suggetion. Go to the Celebrity web site and post the question there but ask those who were on this past years cruise what their experience was in terms of about how many kids.

Keith

Archived