Star Princess 1989, Crown Princess 1990 and Regal Princess 1991?

JamesOceanVillage

The old Crown was my second cruise. Those pics sure bring back memories. I wonder if there are any out there of the Sky Princess. That was on my first cruise.

Marilyn

Ask and you shall receive... ;)

Try this site... www.shipparade.com

You can search for ex-names and find some great pictures. Here's one of the Sky Princess at Vancouver in 1995. Courtesy of shipparade.com

Sky_Princess_1995-09-09_02.jpg

Sky_Princess_1995-09-09_04.jpg

On my first Princess cruise (Sea Princess) - we docked right next to the Crown Princess. That morning, I had heard passengers from the Crown were on our ship wandering around so I went over to the Crown and asked if I could wander around that ship for a short time. I just showed my Sea Princess cruise card and they let me on. Those pictures definitely bring back memories. I so wish I would have been able to sail on the Crown or Regal. I started my cruising too late, unfortunately.

On my first Princess cruise (Sea Princess) - we docked right next to the Crown Princess. That morning, I had heard passengers from the Crown were on our ship wandering around so I went over to the Crown and asked if I could wander around that ship for a short time. I just showed my Sea Princess cruise card and they let me on. Those pictures definitely bring back memories. I so wish I would have been able to sail on the Crown or Regal. I started my cruising too late, unfortunately.

Coral, that was back in the 'good ole days' when you were allowed to board another Princess ship if they were in the same port as you were, all you needed was to show your cruise card for the ship you were actually sailing on. We did the same thing back then, it was very nice. You could even stop and have lunch while visiting if you wished. :)

We did the Crown back in 1990. I believe it was the second sailing out of Italy for 17 days to the Med and Black Seas. The thing I remember the most clearly was bench seating in the dining room. It was very unusual. The seats were an odd pinkish shade. Will be taking our third trip on the new Crown next week for the British Isles. Can't wait. Thanks for the photos.

Archived