Do you ever miss some of the old itineraries and ship choices?

I loved the itinerary that the Empress offered out of San Juan. I didn't get to sail it - just as we had decided that would be our next cruise, the route was cancelled :(

Autumn, we did the 11 day cruise on the Empress in March 07 and it was fantastic. We like most other people speaking on this thread love the southern Caribbean. We are on the Serenade in November but I would suggest you check out RCI sister Celebrity as the Millenium is doing a very similar iten as the Empress did 2 years ago. We have booked this already for Nov 2010, it does 9 ports in 12 days - perfect back to Aruba and Curacoa, only 3 sea days.

I definitely miss 7 day cruises to Bermuda from NY/Boston/Philly areas. The current 5 day on Explorer or Grandeur is simply not enough time there.

Like most of the posters here, I am very tired of the same old Eastern and Western itineraries. That's why we sailed Canada/NE last year, and are doing 9-day on Princess this year, because of the different ports.

We love the Southern Caribbean itineraries because they are so different/varied, but airfare to San Juan was almost as much as the cruise fare for the weeks we priced it.

We don't really miss the smaller ships - not enough to do onboard, especially when traveling with teenages. However, we aren't so interested in the huge ships like Oasis either. Voyager class are large enough for us.

My DH and I desperately miss the Monarch's 4 day from LA. We loved going to San Diego and Catalina Island and used Ensanada as our sea day. It was by far the best of our 7 cruises (we liked it so much we did it 2 years in a row)!!! We had hoped to take our kiddos with us this summer, I guess we will have to make do with the Carribean :>)

Amy

Archived