Booked our 1st cruise..Carnival

Hi all. I am so happy to report that I booked last night using a PVP from Carnival. We had played phone tag for a few days, but she reached me last night, soooooooooooooo..I booked. Decided on the Sensation, as seemed better length ( and cost) for newbies. Me, hubby (mid 40's) and 2 kids(24,18) and one boyfriend..(18). Booked a balcony for me and hubby, and interior right across hall for kids. I think I got a good deal..about 1600 for the 5 of us. I will ck everyday as if the price goes down they will honor. We live within 40mins of Port Canaveral. I really am looking forward to it...and hope hubby likes it, so we can visit other Islands. Not a fan of flying, so would love to cruise and see them. I will try and search for any answers to questions I may have, so I dont clog the threads. I have booked early dining. I am really interested in checking out Atlantis, so that may be the one excursion. We are not big shoppers, window or otherwise. So may just try and check out beaches. My biggest fear is a ROGUE wave..uhmm, I admit to watching Posieden (sp) and Perfect Storm. Oh, and our rooms are on the upper deck..towards the back of the ship. PVP said we had UNobstructed view from our balc. So, any advice is welcomed. Thanks for reading my story. I need to get a cool countdown clock. Thanks, kell

Hi all. I am so happy to report that I booked last night using a PVP from Carnival. We had played phone tag for a few days, but she reached me last night, soooooooooooooo..I booked. Decided on the Sensation, as seemed better length ( and cost) for newbies. Me, hubby (mid 40's) and 2 kids(24,18) and one boyfriend..(18). Booked a balcony for me and hubby, and interior right across hall for kids. I think I got a good deal..about 1600 for the 5 of us. I will ck everyday as if the price goes down they will honor. We live within 40mins of Port Canaveral. I really am looking forward to it...and hope hubby likes it, so we can visit other Islands. Not a fan of flying, so would love to cruise and see them. I will try and search for any answers to questions I may have, so I dont clog the threads. I have booked early dining. I am really interested in checking out Atlantis, so that may be the one excursion. We are not big shoppers, window or otherwise. So may just try and check out beaches. My biggest fear is a ROGUE wave..uhmm, I admit to watching Posieden (sp) and Perfect Storm. Oh, and our rooms are on the upper deck..towards the back of the ship. PVP said we had UNobstructed view from our balc. So, any advice is welcomed. Thanks for reading my story. I need to get a cool countdown clock. Thanks, kell

Congrats! You will love the balcony! We are booked on the Sensation in August, but chose oceanview this time. I'm kind of bummed because we have had a balcony in the past and it was awesome! You will not be sorry. Have fun!

I live 30 minutes from Galveston, so we do not have alot of choices if we want to drive to the port. But I could care less, I love cruising and I am definetly a balcony snob.:D It spoils you and it is hard to go on any other vacation...

lucky you :)

we have to drive 6.5 hours to port :( but still better than flying ;)

i feel your excitement , our first carnival cruise is booked for next april , and we too got a balcony near aft on upper deck , with an inside across for the kids (19 & 16):cool:

dave

Kell:

Welcome to cruising and to Carnival! You are going to have the time of your life. I don't think (knock on wood) you have to worry too much about a rogue wave. But you will laugh when you hear them playing the theme song to Titanic in the elevators. :D

We too prefer early dining, works better for us. Just remember to try everything, don't be ashamed to order multiple things at dinner. (Including Lobster tail!)

Best advise is keep an open mind, don't expect a 5 star resort cruise....expect to have the time of your life, great food, great drinks, great people, great places!!!!!

You will be hooked and will be ready to book another!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the replies. I love the idea of a balcony. We are early risers and will love to order some coffee from room service and enjoy it looking out over the sea. I dont think we are going to be disappointed. We are very down to earth..and will probably feel like royalty on the ship.

Thanks all....kell

congrats. One piece of advice... Check your Capers each night and look for things that you feel that you really want to do and plan your day that way. Don't try to do everything, you will be exhausted. Oh yeah, you have to have the Warm Melting Cake for desert. Enjoy and promise to report back on your cruise.

Archived