Late fees

lyzacruise

There is no 'late fee'...

Normally, they'll let you slide a few days... I've heard of folks who have gotten a few extra weeks.

If you booked yourself, call your PVP and ask for a bit of an extension.

If you booked through a TA talk to the TA as Carnival won't discuss your cruise with you.

Hope this helps!!

:)

Does anyone know what the late fee would be for a late final payment.

There is no "late fee" per say if booked thru the cruiseline, but your TA may have that type of charge. I would be more concerned of the cruiseline cancelling for non payment per the payment schedule. I have not seen this done w/out a notice given that if payment is not received before a specific date the booking would be cancelled and cancellation penalties would then be enforced.

If you think you are going to be late with the final payment, by all means contact your TA or the cruiseline to let them know. I feel confident they will work with you and at minimum, note your booking of your call in to them. ;)

Thanks, it helps alot!!!

We have been very unfortunate with a very unorganized ta. We have a 3 bookings in our group but she suddenly added charges on 2 of the bookings...i did notice that she didn't add charges to 1 of the bookings. Before i jump at her i am re-calculating everything.

Everyone is already paid in full just wanted to make sure. This ta has made our vacation a true nightmare. I just can't wait to get on that boat and pop some champagne.

Thanks, it helps alot!!!

We have been very unfortunate with a very unorganized ta. We have a 3 bookings in our group but she suddenly added charges on 2 of the bookings...i did notice that she didn't add charges to 1 of the bookings. Before i jump at her i am re-calculating everything.

Everyone is already paid in full just wanted to make sure. This ta has made our vacation a true nightmare. I just can't wait to get on that boat and pop some champagne.

Most TAs, it seems, do a fantastic job but some just suck... sorry you got one of the latter...

:(

ohhhh, noooo......

she added a mysterious $250 to the 3 person booking. But thats just her paperwork - she has no idea who she's messing with - she must think I'm still asleep, she actually owes us money. She made credit card transactions that were not approved by us. I just abhore needing to go thru her to get our paperwork. Can I sue for trauma....

ohhhh, noooo......

she added a mysterious $250 to the 3 person booking. But thats just her paperwork - she has no idea who she's messing with - she must think I'm still asleep, she actually owes us money. She made credit card transactions that were not approved by us. I just abhore needing to go thru her to get our paperwork. Can I sue for trauma....

ohhhh, noooo......

Actually you can sue for punitive damages if you can prove fraud which unauthorized charges would be. You can go for the maximum amount in your state for small claims.

I am as usual confused again. Asking about a late fee but then said all the bookings were paid in full.:confused:

Bill

3/4 of us paid on time the other 1/4 paid about 2 weeks past the final payment date. Once [we all thought] we had paid in full, my cousin noticed she had an unusual amount of money taken from her C/C and she went to the TA to resolve it. At that point the mentioned that not everyone owed the same because some rooms were 4 people some were 3, blah blah blah. When we requested her books to see her calculations, there was added money on there but she didn't elaborate on them. I just wanted to make sure she wasn't going to come up with some sort of "late fee" story.

what a story huh?

Ok, now I am confused also... you said your "Group" but it was only 3 staterooms and now you have converted to using fractions i.e. 3/4 and 1/4 which is interesting since you speak of only 3 staterooms ! :eek:

Hope it all works out for you :D

Must be that "NEW" math. I dont get it either. Especially since 3 person and 4 person cabins will be a different fee.

...even though you booked through a travel agent....you can phone the cruise line and ask these very same questions and get answers without alot of sarcasm included.

I understand your predicament because I had alot of trouble with my travel agent as well.....when she wouldn't return my - several - voice mails and emails....(I was entitled to a substantial price drop)...I simply phoned the cruise line and asked them to phone her....and heavens to Betsy, my travel agent phoned me within 10 minutes......and this was after 3 days of non-response to my messages.

If you feel you or a member of your party has been defrauded, I would certainly have the wronged person, your cousin, take it up with the cruiseline....the travel agent represents the cruiseline and they want all their agents to be truthful and helpful.....not drive business away.

I hope this helps....good luck...and happy cruising.

3/4 of us paid on time the other 1/4 paid about 2 weeks past the final payment date. Once [we all thought] we had paid in full, my cousin noticed she had an unusual amount of money taken from her C/C and she went to the TA to resolve it. At that point the mentioned that not everyone owed the same because some rooms were 4 people some were 3, blah blah blah. When we requested her books to see her calculations, there was added money on there but she didn't elaborate on them. I just wanted to make sure she wasn't going to come up with some sort of "late fee" story.

what a story huh?

If you have 3 or 4 people in each room the 3rd and 4th person do pay a different amount.........

And also you mentioned 1/4 of the people (whatever that means) paid 2 weeks late......she could have charged them a late fee.......afterall they were late:p

If you feel you or a member of your party has been defrauded, I would certainly have the wronged person, your cousin, take it up with the cruiseline....the travel agent represents the cruiseline and they want all their agents to be truthful and helpful.....not drive business away.

we'll be making a visit to assure my cousin's account is in order and to show her my calculations that i owe nothing. I did call Carnival and even though they said I had to go my TA, I was able to get them to confirm I was paid in full. I don't think he said so just to get me off the phone.

To those confused on my "new " math - I just rounded up to make the pie whole. Geez, people can be so mean...........

we'll be making a visit to assure my cousin's account is in order and to show her my calculations that i owe nothing. I did call Carnival and even though they said I had to go my TA, I was able to get them to confirm I was paid in full. I don't think he said so just to get me off the phone.

To those confused on my "new " math - I just rounded up to make the pie whole. Geez, people can be so mean...........

Not trying to be mean at all... it's just that your posts are very confusing :eek: Or maybe I am just easily confused since it is Friday and the weekend is here ! But hey at least it's 5oclock somewhere and I am waiting for a drink or someone to take my order please !

Hope you get it all worked out with your TA : )

I think I may have it figured out.

lyzacruise has 3 staterooms.

Each stateroom has 3 or 4 people in it.

In one of the staterooms with 4 people, 3 people paid on time and the 4th didn't. That would explain the 3/4 and 1/4.

Is that right? Do I win a prize? I hope it is something grand!

Geez, people can be so mean...........

Not sure how often you post to boards, but I can assure you, not one of these responses was mean.....

You simply confused everyone who was trying to help you with your confusing responses....

Hope you get everything worked out to your approval.

The only possible penalty I know of for not paying on time would be a cancelled reservation. I only think they would do that if they thought you were not going to be paying and/or traveling on the cruise, and they felt they could sell your cabin to someone else (who would pay.)

I doubt that would happen very soon after the deadline, but it could in theory, so be sure to contact your TA or Carnival and explain your situation. That should handle any possible cancellation problem.

Archived