Sapphire alaska a few thoughts and lots of pics

catmand

Pam.....the "HOT SPOTS" for the WI-FI were supposed to be the Horizon Court, Atrium, and also the Internet Cafe itself. Now, understand I was in cabin number E-102 which was as far forward as you can get. Friends who were more mid ship were able to pull in the signal. Technically Sapphire is not completely wired (or UNwired I guess) but will be after next dry dock. Chuck
Interesting. I saw the hubs every other cabin in the hallway but maybe they haven't done the whole ship yet.

For those of you still around, I just thought of something interesting left out of my original post.

I had no idea about this....."The Bistro" Remember, I have sailed Princess several times over the last couple of years. I was wandering around Horizon Court one evening around midnight and toward the aft, port side (pretty sure it was) there was a set up with linen, silver, flowers, candles at about 18 tables. This was all very nice, in addition to this I saw a posted menu and several menus on a side table.

I asked a couple of Princess folks who were having coffee and the next day spoke with one of the Maitre D's. This I found out was "The Bistro", open from 11PM to 4AM. It's table service, a full menu and no one uses it.

The Metier D told me this has been in place for several years and Princess is very disappointed in the lack of use. They figured folks would want a "late" dinner after going to the late show or a nice late meal. The is no charge for this. I always thought the snacks and sandwiches etc. that are out in the buffet was "the Bistro." Not so. I think it's overkill but there it is.

Has anyone ever used this?

Chuck

9:30AM Sunday on first full day at sea Introduction to Ceramics then 10AM-Noon and 2PM-5 Begin a project with Cruise Staff Assist

1:30PM Introduction to Scrap booking

2-4PM Monday Ceramics

4-6PM Wednesday Last Chance To Finish Your Ceramics

10-Noon Friday Last Scrap booking Session

These are the listed times and it looks like staff is there then. I did see people working on projects at other times though. If I remember correctly they delivered a paper at the start of the cruise that had the entire weeks schedule for all the @sea functions.

Chuck

That's Ok Joann, I do things like this every day.

Jeniferlyn.....the Caribe deck balcony on the Grand Class ships are 1/2 open and 1/2 covered. We had one a few years ago on a cruise to Mexico and LOVED it.

Chuck

I was on the same 14 day cruise as Chuck and have to agree that it was great! It was our third to Alaska so we also didn't do any excursions but found this is to be the "best" of all of them. We found the staff outstanding (though we had one or two issues with the passenger services desk) and by far the best group we have encountered so far. My hubby and cruise mate did the $150 ship tour the first week and raved about it throughout the rest of the cruise...even talk about it now! My hubby was really hesitant about paying $150 for it (he is ex-US navy so has seen quite a number of ships...) but was so glad he did - you actually get your money back in the freebies you have at the end - lots of pics from the photographer, plush bathrobe, chef's jacket, stationery, champagne...He has now vowed to do it on every cruise he goes on....yikes!

What is the ship tour all about?

What is the ship tour all about?

You need to sign up for the tour beforehand and they only allow a certain number in the group - the names are chosen by lottery. The tour takes you to areas that are normally off limits to passengers - the bridge, laundry room, print shop, galley, engine room, etc. You get to meet with the captain, hotel director, engineers, and other staff that you normally may not get a chance to talk with. It cost $150 but, as I said, my hubby and friend raved about it for the remainder of the cruise and both said they would do it again in a heartbeat!

Hey Chuck,

If I may say so this was an extraordinary trip in a lot of ways. Way clear weather going up, less so coming back but how great is it to check out things you missed on the way north?

The ship was just great. The crew was happy and hard-working. (And they let me sit in.)

It was a first-rate group of CC'ers on board. We enjoyed everyone's company enormously.

Cheers!

RF

Archived