Silver Shadow Roll Call - Caribbean Nov. 13-22

SantaAna,CA

How do you do! I am a loyal Seabourn passenger who is delighted to be trying out Silversea (for the first time). My TA found a great single supplement for me, less than any price I could find on Seabourn!. Just wondered if anyone else will be on this sailing? I'm coming into Barbados a few days early to do some refresher dives. I am so looking forward to this itinerary, and scuba diving along the way. Anyone else a diver? :)

Hope to meet some of you!

Hi scubalady,

we will miss you by one week. We are cruising from Bridgetown on November 6 and arriving back in Bridgetown November 13. You will be starting your cruise the day we finish! That is a shame. It is our first cruise with SS too. In fact its our first cruise ever! Hope you have a wonderful trip,

Marissa x

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are Silverseas Newbies. We are really looking forward to this cruise, primarily for some warm weather .... eastern Canada has had a brutal summer so far.

Our prime goal is relaxation. However, in doing some reading, I happened upon a golf course in St Kitts .... so I thought I might like to give it a try

Anyone interested in a game at the Royal St Kitts ?

Pete ... toronto

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good, someone else chimed in. I thought everyone was on the cruise following ours....seems like alot of Silversea CCers are on over Thanksgiving. I'm also looking forward to boarding (as my countdown clock attests). Don't you just love cruising?

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Jane

<P>Hi ScubaLady - we LOVE cruising, too....there is something magical about the lines being cast off and the thought that you are now ('nearly') inaccessible!  I agree that the next cruise seems to be pretty popular, however, we booked this one thinking it was a wonderful break BEFORE the Thanksgiving festivities.  If the ship is only half full, that's perfectly okay - think of it as MORE champagne for us!!  We will arrive in Barbados a few days early, as well - tentatively at the Hilton.</P>

WinWin, I will also be at the Hilton, I'm coming in late to Barbados on Nov. 9. If you and your (husband? wife? sorry not sure of gender *lol*) want to meet for a cocktail or dinner, I will have my laptop with me, send me a message! If I miss you, I'll look forward to meeting you on the Shadow.

Best wishes,

Jane

jane.rockley@sbcglobal.net

Jane - my husband and I would love to try to hook up with you prior to sailing! We should arrive late late the 10th....if the airline cooperates as currently scheduled! I will email you and we can try to set something up!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all my wife Wendy and I look very mutch forward to sailing with you all on this cruise.

We are getting conflicting messages from our T/A and Silversea.

T/A Boarding @ 12 .00 noon.

Silversea Boarding 1.00 P.M.

Silversea rep say's this is what the new boarding time is.

We had understood this new feature would only begin in 2010.

This conflict's as you know with the usual 3.00 P.M. boarding time.

The question is this ? it would seam that the early embarkation

extra charge of $100.00 P/P for the extra time on board time of 1 & 1/2 hours would be a waste if we boarded around 12 noon. As Lunch in the M/D would be available to all and we could begin this adventure 2 to 3 hours earlier than the previous 3.00P.M. boarding time.

Any info or thoughts would be apprieciated

Thank You Regards the IMacs. ( Canada )

Hi IMac - we have requested early embarkation at 11AM and I believe several others on CC have asked for early embarkation, as well. My understanding is that we still pay for this benefit until 2010....we are booked on a Silver Spirit voyage in Dec. 2010 and no early embarkation was mentioned. We look forward to seeing you on the Shadow in just a little over two months!

We just booked and were unaware of the change as to boarding times. We fly in the night before the 11/13 departure. Hope this won't be too tight.:eek:

This is his first cruise ever and I have not cruised in years. We have taken on sailing adventures and look forward to meeting everyone.

Boarding time isn't sailing time. There will be no problems if you're in Barbados the night before embarkation. Where are you staying? A few of us will be at the Hilton in Bridgetown. If you make it in time for dinner, let's all get together (unless you're too tired).

Jane

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm bumping this thread up because we're sailing in a couple of weeks and I wanted to invite anyone, who may be staying at the Hilton pre-cruise, to join another couple, and myself, in having dinner. I'm getting in to the Hilton 11/9 and the other CC members are arriving the next day. Not sure which evening we might get together, but if anyone is interested, please reply. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jane (also known as ScubaLady51)

November 13-22, Silver Shadow, Barbados-Ft. Lauderdale

• 3 weeks later...

Jane, we communicated earlier. We are the Texans getting in late on 11/12. We are staying at the Hilton also. I recall you said you had arranged transportation in Ft. Lauderdale for your return to the airport. What did you arrange. We are not on the 10:55 am but on one around 1. If timing works, we might try and get the earlier flight.

Hi, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have booked A to Z limousine, to take me over to the Ft. Lauderdale mall. My plane doesn't leave until 4:30 so I thought I'd get a manicure and pedicure at Red Door and then maybe do a little shopping.

I'm at the Barbados Hilton at the moment (Wed. 11/11) I got here in the afternoon on Monday; oh gosh it's beautiful. Nice weather, aquamarine water. I love this place. I've done a little scuba diving and splashing around the Hilton's nice pools. Look forward to meeting you all on the Shadow.

Best wishes,

Jane

Jane

My wife and I are on the Shadow, 12/11-20 from Barbados to FLL. We are also staying at the Hilton precruise. Our American Flight from Miami does not arrive at BGI until 11:50 PM. Did you have any problem with transportation from the airport to the hotel as I noticed your late arrival also.

Thanks, J.O.

Hi, it's nice to meet you. Actually I changed my outbound flight, took a redeye from LAX that left Sunday night and arrived in Barbados (through Miami) about 2:45pm on Monday. No problem getting a van to the hotel. I am not sure what the situtation would be coming in late.

Jane

Archived