"Undecided Dining" on the Destiny

SueG

I just booked my cruise today for the October 5th sailing on the Destiny. I told him that I wished I had anytime dining but noticed that the Destiny would not have it until the summer of 2010. He told me, this was thru carnival, I could book undecided dining and be able to eat anytime I want between 6 and 8:15 PM. Anyone else book the Destiny and get this option? I was pleasantly surprised to get this option. I loved it on the Liberty in May. Although, the timeframe is shorter on the Destiny.....that is if he is correct on this.

I just booked my cruise today for the October 5th sailing on the Destiny. I told him that I wished I had anytime dining but noticed that the Destiny would not have it until the summer of 2010. He told me, this was thru carnival, I could book undecided dining and be able to eat anytime I want between 6 and 8:15 PM. Anyone else book the Destiny and get this option? I was pleasantly surprised to get this option. I loved it on the Liberty in May. Although, the timeframe is shorter on the Destiny.....that is if he is correct on this.

I think you misunderstood. What he is did he put you at the mercy of the ship. You will be assigned either early or late, you are not going to get to pick a time like you do with anytime dining, the ship is not set up for that.

Yes, I agree, you either misunderstood what your PVP told you, or he is just wrong.

Traditional dining is either at 6 PM (early) or 8:15 PM (late). You will be assigned one or the other. You can't go to whichever one you want to.

With Anytime dining, you can go to the dining room between 5:45 PM and 9:30 PM....whenever you wish.

Maybe you'll luck out and the Destiny will get the Anytime dining earlier than scheduled (by summer 2010)....good luck! :)

I know I did not misunderstand him. I asked him..... So, this is exactly like anytime dining except they are calling it something different because it is not advertised yet? He said yes. I then asked... (because I did not believe him) So, I can go in and dine between those times at anytime? He said yes. So, this guy may just be nuts. ha ha ha

I will call again and see what someone has to say about this...

thanks!

I don't know what's going on with some of the PVP's lately. A lot of them seem to be very confused about the Anytime dining. I've seen posts where people said they have confirmed Anytime dining on ships that don't have it yet.....and that their PVP told them it was available.

It's not only PVP's though. I've seen other posts from folks who booked through a TA, and were told they had confirmed Anytime dining, but when they got on the ship......there WAS no Anytime dining.

So, you're not alone! :p Lots of misinformation being given out to cruisers. It will be really nice when ALL the ships get the Anytime dining implemented, and maybe that will help end the confusion.

Good luck! :)

Archived