Pacific Sun Flower of Asia.

I have booked Flower of Asia cruise departing 8th Feb 2010, 16 nights on Pacific Sun, paid deposit.

I have been keeping an eye on the papers for any better deals and today in the Perth sunday Times i find a few agents are advertisng a 12 night cruise departing 12th Feb 2010 on pacific Sun similar itinary just missing a few ports??? We havnt been notified of any change?

Does anybody know whats happening?:confused:

I will ring my travel agent tmrw!!

I have booked Flower of Asia cruise departing 8th Feb 2010, 16 nights on Pacific Sun, paid deposit.

I have been keeping an eye on the papers for any better deals and today in the Perth sunday Times i find a few agents are advertisng a 12 night cruise departing 12th Feb 2010 on pacific Sun similar itinary just missing a few ports??? We havnt been notified of any change?

hi des, i had a look at an online TA and its 12 days

[ship: Pacific Sun]

Cruise Departure Date: Friday, 12th February 2010

rkmw

HHHMMMM so do you think we will be given the option of a refund?.

PO website is still showing our original cruise? Im confused:confused:

hi des, the p&o website is showing 16 nighter on the 8th feb but 3 online TA's have it down as a 12 nighter on the 12th feb so someone has made a boo boo.............have you checked the p&o book, i dont have the lastest book..........but you have to speak to your TA tomorrow

rkmw

They have cut 2 of the 16 day to 12 and put in an 8 to broome. I would call your TA ASAP they will move you to another or give you a refund

Wonder when they were going to inform me? The cruise should be a bit cheaper as its 4 days shorter surely

I tried to access my po personolizer but just came up blank?? looked into doing same cruise as originally booked but in Jan and said we couldnt book as kids club full? oh well chat to T/A tmrw.:rolleyes:

Yes P&O have changed the Flower of Asia cruise that we were booked on:mad:. 4 days shorter and dropped a few ports.. they had reduced the price but as the ports dropped were some we were particuly interested in we are now in a dilemma. Change to the Dec cruise over xmas & newyear which still is the original itenary or refund of deposit, :confused: Cant sleep ATM contemplating what to do.

Yes P&O have changed the Flower of Asia cruise that we were booked on:mad:. 4 days shorter and dropped a few ports.. they had reduced the price but as the ports dropped were some we were particuly interested in we are now in a dilemma. Change to the Dec cruise over xmas & newyear which still is the original itenary or refund of deposit, :confused: Cant sleep ATM contemplating what to do.

Hi

I do not know if you have kids going but the jan trip is already full with the older kids group .i think alot will move cruises as they want to go to xmas island

We are going on the 4th January 2010 which is still 16 nights, good luck with what you decide, the shortened cruise does cut out in my opinion some of the better islands, Xmas Island is where the spinner dolphins breed and I have been told the snorkelling is great there.

Wonder when they were going to inform me? The cruise should be a bit cheaper as its 4 days shorter surely

I tried to access my po personolizer but just came up blank?? looked into doing same cruise as originally booked but in Jan and said we couldnt book as kids club full? oh well chat to T/A tmrw.:rolleyes:

Hi Des, since you have booked through a travel agent, P&O would have notified them. P&O won't deal directly with you if you have booked through a TA.....

I see you've found out more info though. A shame they've changed the cruise.

It sounds like P&O might have over estimated the demand for the cruises to Asia, hence the changes.

P&O don't have a good track record with Cruises to Asia, Pacific Sky's season there wasn't successful & Pacific Star's season was cancelled before it even happened when they sold the ship.

Try the 16 night xmas cruise instead, Bali is pretty wet over Feb anyway!

P&O advertised the xmas cruise cheaper than the online T/A,s in Saturdays west,although P&O site still shows a higher price?

Den

Thankyou everybody for your input. We have changed our booking to Dec 19th 2009, as xmas island was a big attraction for us. PO charged no extra - just transferred our booking.

Does anybody know how much christmas day will be celebrated or will it just be another cruiseship day?

So pleased that you could transfer your booking and pleased to see P. & O. didn't charge any extra for Xmas/New Year Cruise (they did the right thing), it's always normally dearer. We go on the one after you, you will have to fill us in as we are looking forward to this particular cruise too.

So pleased that you could transfer your booking and pleased to see P. & O. didn't charge any extra for Xmas/New Year Cruise (they did the right thing), it's always normally dearer. We go on the one after you, you will have to fill us in as we are looking forward to this particular cruise too.

Yes P&O were great in the end:rolleyes: I did really want to do the Jan 4th but never mind. we will be passing each other at the terminal i think.

Cant wait to find out about the tours.

Archived