Which Itinerary - help me choose!!

Ok, I think we have narrowed it down to two itineraries. Both 7 nights. Please help me choose, as I know nothing about any of the ports except for CocoCay, which we LOVED!

Itinerary #1 on Freedom of the Seas)

Port Canaveral, FL

Coco Cay, Bahamas

Cruising

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Cruising

Cruising

Port Canaveral

Itinerary #2 on Liberty of the Seas)

Miami, FL

Cruising

Cruising

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Labadee, Haiti

Cruising

Miami

I would just point out to you that on most of Liberty's cruises that I have looked at she is in San Juan from 7AM to 2PM. Not much is going to be open in San Juan before 9AM and you will need to be heading back to the ship by around 1PM. So that gives you about 4 hrs. to do what you want. I very much like San Juan and don't really consider that to be enough time. Also realize that with three sea days and a short day in San Juan you are looking at about 2.5 days of a 7 night cruise on land with one of those days, Labadee, being a forced beach day and not what I would consider a true port of call. I am not saying that is good or bad. It depends on what you are looking for in a cruise. With Freedom you will get 3 full days on land with two of those days being in very nice ports of call.

There are things that I like, and dislike, about both iteneraries. There is enough that I dislike that I haven't been able to bring myself to book either one. Ideally, I prefer 2 sea days on a 7 night cruise and I am not a big fan of private island forced beach days. I prefer true ports where I can go off exploring.

Archived