Dive Knife

sound man

With the no weapon no knife policy on carnival, are there exceptions for dive knifes?

You really don't need a knife . Most places, you dive as a tourist,do not want you poking and prying anything.

You really don't need a knife . Most places, you dive as a tourist,do not want you poking and prying anything.

This is true.... But if you have your stuff setup the way YOU want it and you feel naked without it you can surrender your knife to carnival as you board and they will get it to you at the port... biggest problem and million dollar question is will they find it in time for you to catch the boat!!!!!

I personally would just go without it and rent one if I just had to have one.

With the no weapon no knife policy on carnival, are there exceptions for dive knifes?

I have found out the hard way that cruise ships and dive knifes don't go very well together.I now take a pair of EMT shears---much better for cutting fishing line anyway and you won't be labeled a terrorist everytime you try to get on and off the ship.

over 20 years ago most good dive guides began to ask divers to NOT wear gloves because they found no gloves decreased contact with coral....which kills the coral.

most good guides now also ask that you leave knives behind.

there are few attacks or entrapments during guided, and even UNguided dives, in the Carrib'

Leave the knife at home and pack another bottle of Mad Dog instead.

first dive in the sunny south in 1974 ..... never pulled my (3 inch blade) knife yet except underwater to bang my tank to get attention; or on the surface to pop a beer the tab broke off.

I too have noticed that dive operators have asked that knives not be taken down on the dive. Although I had one for several years, I never used it so now I just leave it at home. I hope that you drink the Mad Dog after you are done diving for the day. Drinking alcohol and diving really don't mix.

I too found out the hard way that cruise ships do not like knives. Day one - no issue, Day two - measure blade and replace in bag, day 3 -confiscate knife and alarm goes off every time you board or get off to remind them that they have your knife. Never needed it, and never brought it on a dive, just forgot that it was in the dive bag when we left.

Archived