Scheduling a Cruise Critic "Meet and Greet"?

Bruin Steve

Okay, first, I know that, unlike on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, Oceania does not sponsor an official "Meet and Greet" for Cruise Critic members...

But, on our Roll Call, we're trying to put together something on an informal basis...just so we can put faces together with screen names...

The concensus seems to be to do it the morning after we sail, maybe around 11:00 am...It's an "at sea" day, leaving Barcelona on Saturday and not arriving in Tunisia until Monday...but, the one thing some of us are concerned with is not conflicting with "Trivia"...

Does anyone know what time Trivia would typically be held...and where (Last time on Nautica, I seem to recall it typically being held in the Bar right outside the Main Dining Room)?

On the alternative, does anyone know if there is someone we might contact at Oceania who could fill us in on the schedule for that day?

Thanks...

Actually, back in 2004, the rule was if you could gather a group of 30 or more to meet, the drinks would be on the ship. During our Barcelona to Venice voyage, they didn't make that number. And in any case, being cyber cats, we would and will not appear in real life .. meow!

The Trivia Game is normally in the afternoon. I think they hold it in the bar until they can judge the crowd. If the crowd is large, it is moved to a larger venue.

Reading these boards, most informal Meet and Greets are held in Horizons. That way you shouldn't conflict with anything. I think you've picked a reasonable day and time so as to avoid any conflicts.

Actually, back in 2004, the rule was if you could gather a group of 30 or more to meet, the drinks would be on the ship. During our Barcelona to Venice voyage, they didn't make that number. And in any case, being cyber cats, we would and will not appear in real life .. meow!

Oceania used to help sponsor a meet and greet, but no longer do so. All of the meet and greets in which I have participated have been help in Horizons Lounge immediately after the lifeboat muster. The only conflict with that might be sailaway or those wanting to dine early. Several of our fellow CC'ers stepped out to the jogging deck for sailaway and came back to the lounge; others watched the sailaway from the lounge.

By meeting so early the first time, it's really easy to set up a second meeting if the group wants to spend more time together. There is usually no host, and each M & G'er provides their own refreshments. We have never bothered to coordinate anything with Oceania, as there has always been plenty of room in the lounge at that time.

I offer one piece of advice, hower -- have the meeting on the Starboard side of the lounge, as there are already smokers near the port entrance to the lounge so soon after boarding.

In my three previous cruises, the largest number we had was about 18, and the smallest about 6 or 8. On our transAtlantic next March, however, we have over 60 people signed on to the roll call! We may let Oceania know about that one in advance, just to be sure they have enough servers on hand.

On our TA last year, we also had our first meet and great in Horizons after the lifeboat muster. It wasn't an official Oceania event but since we had a great deal of interest from the Roll Call, one person (thanks Rhona:D) was able to arrange for the ship to provide hors d'oeurves. We purchased our own drinks. This set the stage for several meetings thereafter, as well as a "cabin crawl".

On the alternative, does anyone know if there is someone we might contact at Oceania who could fill us in on the schedule for that day?

Thanks...

What about the Special Services Contact?

Oceania Cruises, Inc.

Special Services Department

Phone: 866-765-3630

Email: SpecialServices@OceaniaCruises.com

They might be able to give you info about the best time and location and answer your question on the Trivia.

Some of us met after life boat drill but some just want to get to dinner & bed ;)

We met the following morning in Horizons

Once on board contact the Concierge he can arrange a time/ place .

Once on board contact the Concierge he can arrange a time/ place .

But Watch Out!! When we held a large get-together on the Nautica, the concierge was only interested in trying to "sell" us a cocktail and canapés package at considerable extra cost. When we explained it would be a "no Host" function, he immediately lost interest!

But Watch Out!! When we held a large get-together on the Nautica, the concierge was only interested in trying to "sell" us a cocktail and canapés package at considerable extra cost. When we explained it would be a "no Host" function, he immediately lost interest!

AHHH We had no problem with the Concierge on our cruise but he did call later in the cruise to see if we would like another party ...maybe that one was for the fee ;)

Lyn

If I recall correctly, last year on the Nautica the regular Trivia was held at 4:45p.m. in the Lounge because there were so many teams. On port days there was also a trivia in the morning around 10:00 or 11:00 for folks who were not going ashore. Then in the evenings in the bar (Michael's)? there was another trivia with a theme such as movies, music, etc.

No matter where or when you plan the meeting, not everyone will be able to attend. We were lucky because our CC group was small and we had all corresponded on CC and felt like we already knew each other when we met. I'm going to miss that with the 60 plus group in March.

Joanne

Archived