Bed- Mattress ??

Anyone that has cruised on the Explorer Of The Sea recently, could you please comment on the bed / mattress. Cruised on Explorer Of The Sea about three and a half years ago and the mattress on the bed was like a "rock". With my bad back, the stateroom attendent was able to fix it up some how (without an egg crate), to get me through the 9 night cruise..Would like to take the cruise again but wonder if the mattresses have since been replaced. Any information is appreciated..

Anyone that has cruised on the Explorer Of The Sea recently, could you please comment on the bed / mattress. Cruised on Explorer Of The Sea about three and a half years ago and the mattress on the bed was like a "rock". With my bad back, the stateroom attendent was able to fix it up some how (without an egg crate), to get me through the 9 night cruise..Would like to take the cruise again but wonder if the mattresses have since been replaced. Any information is appreciated..

I believe all of the bedding has been changed on the ships since your last cruise. If your bed did not look like this picture at the time, you will have the new mattresses. This is the latest bedding.

If it did look like this, ask for an egg crate top again.

the new mattress were put on board during my late September cruise in 2007 , they are very comfy. We came home and several days later went and bought a new mattress because that one made us realize how awful ours was. :rolleyes::D

I was on EOS in January in a loud aft cabin...I was on the cruise that hit the reef. The bed was very comfortable. In spite of the noise, I still slept like a baby.

I was on that cruise too! We were at dinner during the "hit". Anyway, we stayed in an interior room. Being a person of the larger pursuasion, I am usually concerned about mattresses. When I sleep on a matress that is too thin, it seems to flatten out and it's like I am sleeping on on a hard floor. Even though the mattresses seem thinner, they are actually quite comfortable, even for fluffy folks!

Archived