Eyebrow pencils for blondes

millercat

Somewhere in makeup heaven there must be a truly light blonde eyebrow pencil. Have any of you found it? I can't even begin to name every brand that I have tried but they are all too dark or too something. Just not the right color. I am fifty something and have natural blonde hair. My eyebrows, whats left of them really need some help. If I don't wear anything I have no brows, with most pencils I feel like "Baby Jane"

Hope someone can help,

Laine

Smashbox has a line of Brow Tech powder/wax - they have a blonde shade as well. I haven't used that but I do use the Auburn and the color matches well. You can get Smashbox from their website or try them out at ULTA or Sephora as mentioned from the Previous poster.

I'm a late40's something redhead. My eyelashes and eyebrows are pretty much colorless. The smashbox did not work out for me either (too yellowish). I'll keep an eye out for the Anastasia.

But what about mascara? My lashes are quite thick enough - and already too long (they bump up against my sunglasses) - I just need COLOR and it must be brown (NOT Brownish-black or black-brown, or deepest mocha). I'll throw three tubes in the trash before I'll find one that works. Unfortuately that make/model will be "reformulated" or discontinued before I need to replace it.

Why is finding makeup for the very fair so difficult? Most of my fair friends have given up and are going "natural" -- I only use mascara and would like to do something with my "Dick Gebhart" brows.

I am blonde and have had to pencil my eyebrows in for as long as I can remember!

I have two kits - one for travel and one for everyday.

For travel I use a powder from Bare Minerals. It comes in very light shades, although I use the dark/medium blonde as I prefer more depth to my eyebrows - but there is a very light blonde available also.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61032&categoryId=B70

For travel I use an eyebrow palette from Sephora that works really well. I use a small brush to apply, then brush it out with an eyebrow brush. There are actually two colours and a wax in the kit, so you can brush on with variances so they look more natural.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P119702&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!

Somewhere in makeup heaven there must be a truly light blonde eyebrow pencil. Have any of you found it? I can't even begin to name every brand that I have tried but they are all too dark or too something. Just not the right color. I am fifty something and have natural blonde hair. My eyebrows, whats left of them really need some help. If I don't wear anything I have no brows, with most pencils I feel like "Baby Jane"

Hope someone can help,

Laine

Why is finding makeup for the very fair so difficult? Most of my fair friends have given up and are going "natural" -- I only use mascara and would like to do something with my "Dick Gebhart" brows.

The first question for all of the blondes out there...

Are you naturally a warm Spring Blonde? (Golden, Strawberry)

Or are you naturally a cool Summer Blonde? (Ash, Sandy, Platinum)

Is your skintone Peachy or Rose-y?

That's the first and most vital thing to figure out, otherwise you won't get anywhere.

Once you really, really know that - then you can figure out what makeup line will work better for you.

Certain lines lean more one way or another.

I just brush on a light brown eyeshadow onto my brows! (they are practically invisible without something!) A pencil is too harsh, but a light brown eyeshadow brushes on and just gives a slight hint of color, without being a "line"....that just looks fake.

Mary Kay makes 2 blondes: blonde and classic blonde. I'm not sure which is lighter, but I use the classic blonde which works well on my light brown eyebrows so if the blonde is lighter it might work for you. It is a nice product, as it stays on and doesn't look painted on.

I just brush on a light brown eyeshadow onto my brows! (they are practically invisible without something!) A pencil is too harsh, but a light brown eyeshadow brushes on and just gives a slight hint of color, without being a "line"....that just looks fake.

I second the eyeshadow. There are usually more eyeshadow colors to choose from, too, and it doesn't look so waxy, shiny, and fake as using all pencil. A little pencil can be good, tho, to outline underneath and/or generally shape the brow before filling it in.

thanks again everyone. You have mentioned a few that I have not tried. I have tried the Diane Young and Mary Kay.

I don't think I have enough eyebrows to just use eyeshadow so I am going to try using a pencil to give me some brows and then use a lighter eyeshadow on top to hopefully lighten it up some. Might work. I will try it tomorrow.

Hope someone can help,

Laine

I tried the Anastasia brow kit but it was too fake for me, no matter how light handed I went. The best luck I have had is American Beauty Eyebrow pencils that are carried at Kohls. The Maybelline Blonde is a bit too dark. My hair is light blonde, skin is fair.

thanks again everyone. You have mentioned a few that I have not tried. I have tried the Diane Young and Mary Kay.

I don't think I have enough eyebrows to just use eyeshadow so I am going to try using a pencil to give me some brows and then use a lighter eyeshadow on top to hopefully lighten it up some. Might work. I will try it tomorrow.

Remember the 70s when pin-thin eyebrows were in vogue? Well, no one has less eyebrows than I do. I plucked them to be stylish and they never grew back!

Try everything, by all means, but I found that a pencil made them look really fake, but the shadow works. I dunno why.....just does.

I have the pale blond eyebrows too. My current pencil is actually a combo pencil/brush made by Revlon called "BrowFantasy" (Dark Blonde). It was the only thing I could find at the store [at the time] that said "blonde" on it. I find it works well if you aren't too heavy-handed with the pencil part. My hair is golden blonde, with reddish tones.

Oh yes the 70's! That is how I also got my not so wonderful now brows. I thought if you held on to something long enough it came back into style? Apparently not eyebrows.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, please keep it coming, I am going to try everything you ladies have to offer

I am blonde and have had to pencil my eyebrows in for as long as I can remember!

I have two kits - one for travel and one for everyday.

For travel I use a powder from Bare Minerals. It comes in very light shades' date=' although I use the dark/medium blonde as I prefer more depth to my eyebrows - but there is a very light blonde available also.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61032&categoryId=B70

For travel I use an eyebrow palette from Sephora that works really well. I use a small brush to apply, then brush it out with an eyebrow brush. There are actually two colours and a wax in the kit, so you can brush on with variances so they look more natural.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P119702&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps![/quote']

I also have two kits. I also use the Bare Minerals for home but I use Mary Kays blonde eyebrow pencil for travel.

...A pencil is too harsh, but a light brown eyeshadow brushes on and just gives a slight hint of color, without being a "line"....that just looks fake.

When I use a pencil I rub my finger over it to 'smudge' it so that it doesn't look so harsh.

Archived