San Juan Airfare questions?

clc41297

Does anyone know what is an average price i could expect to pay for airfare from the northeast (i.e. Pittsburgh,NY of Philly) to San Juan. I can't decide whether to book it separately or with the cruiseline? Thanks for any suggestions.:rolleyes:

I am not sure what an average is but I know jetblue flies direct from the northeast to San Juan. Their website is http://www.jetblue.com We booked recntly from Northern California and it was $550/pp Another way to check all the airlines is to go to http://www.itasoftware.com and there is a button to use their software to check airfare. Log in as a guest user and put in all your info, it is really easy and gives great information on most airlines. Good luck.

I'm from Wisconsin and starting checking in April '04. The first time I checked, it was $400, a couple weeks later it was $1000. I ended booking frequent flyer miles, but watched the rates. It eventually dropped to around $500.

But talk about fluctuations! When I saw the $1000 ticket price was when I decided to book my Southern Carib cruise and fly using my frequent flyers.

Good luck!

I booked my own from Nashville and saved several hundred by changing airlines once I got to Florida. FOr me, it was cheapest to fly SWA to Ft Lauderdale and American from there. You might even check doing that. If I had flown American all the way, I still had to change planes in either Ft Lauderdale, or pay 600 more for a direct flight. Opted to save. Just a thought!

This appears to be a handy capability to use. Would you know how to change the destination airport from SJU on Yahoo's site? Thanks.
Sure; look in the address window of your browser. In the string you'll see "us&dc=SJU" SJU is the airport code for San Juan. Just change that to the airport code you're interested in. This page works for many airports, but not all.

In the string you'll see "us&dc=SJU" SJU is the airport code for San Juan. Just change that to the airport code you're interested in. This page works for many airports, but not all.

Many thanks again. I stumbled on this previously, but was hoping that there was a more "elegant" way to achieve the same objective. I guess Yahoo is not making this feature very user friendly.

We booked about 8 months before our November cruise thinking the airfare would go up. We paid $316 for Newark to San Juan and the price stayed right around there for the whole 8 months. We went Thanksgiving week so I'm not sure if that is typical.

We booked with Jet Blue in May and the fare from JFK to San Juan was $232 round trip for our flights in Jan. I just happened to check the Jet Blue website and the price has dropped for the same flights to $188 R/T. I called and they have credited me with the difference. I've never flown Jet Blue before but I like them already.

Sue

I just happened to check the Jet Blue website and the price has dropped for the same flights to $188 R/T. Sue

Sue: You were fortunate to step into a significant fare sale that JetBlue is having in honor of it turning 5 years old. They call it "Take 5" and save. The sale ends January 18. See http://www.jetblue.com/specialoffers/superfly.asp?source=4098& for a list of the O/D pairs that are on sale.

We're flying Jetblue out of JFK in a few weeks. You didn't say when you were flying, but I'll bet you can get some really good fares now. Especially if you have some flexibility and can fly in the previous day or at odd hours. I love Jetblue. I've flown them quite frequently. And a recommendation from many folks I've spoken to....avoid connections. Everyone I talked to that had one said it was a nightmare. Non-stop flights are the way to go - for me, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked for 19 of us.... JetBlue wants 299. pp one way from JFK in New York. Delta gave up a great deal, early flights though, 242.00 pp round trip and US Air 350 pp round trip. And this is for peak season, February, President's Week. Hope that helps.....

Archived