Main Dining Room attire for early teen boys....

We actually went shopping today, and while I can't get him into any tropical type attire, we did fine some gray pants with a Calvin Klein (that was a big deal for him... and since it was on sale it worked for me!) long sleeve button down. When he tried it on he rolled up the sleeves and left it open at the collar. He looked fantastic! He wore it around the house for about an hour, then asked "Should I try on my suit?" He did that too, wore it for about a half hour and it extremely excited. He told me he looks great!:D And I have to agree that he looks really good. Now... my next project is the hair.....:p

DrmnOfMaui,

Go over to the Fashion Boards and ask Curt Jerome Wild for his advice. He really knows his stuff and also happens to be really in touch with what teens will wear. I'm sure he'll be able to give you other options that your sons will think are kewl!!

That's my 2 cents!!

Have an awesome cruise!

Well.... (insert smug "Mom does know what she's talking about" look here!:D) I guess I do know a thing or two!!! My suggestion was a pair of khakis with a polo or button down shirt. We did have him tuck it in and that was a big issue. But he looked great! I tried to get him to get a tropical/Hawaiian type shirt, but he vehemently stated that no one his age would ever wear that. He wore those almost exclusively when he was younger... he looked so cute when he wore the clothes I picked out for him!!!

I am actually excited for the kids to experience the "dining" part of the dining room. I think it will be a good experience for them to see what it is like and to try new foods. They really are good kids and I think they will really enjoy the evenings.

He is hoping to wear his suit pants, a long sleeve button down with the collar open for the casual nights. (Ala Jason Stratham). I was trying to tell him that it might (again... I might not know...;)) be sort of hot and he might want a short sleeve shirt with a light khaki pant. We are going to pack them anyway, and I have a feeling when he gets there he will slip into them without issue.

My 12 yo son wasn't too thrilled when I told him we would be having dinner in the dining room every evening for our recent cruise. We ate at the windjammer or JR on our previous cruise. But it turned out to be one of the highlights of our cruise! He dressed in polo shirt and khakis for the casual nights and dress slacks, shoes and button down shirt for formal night. He's already informed me that on our next cruise he wants to wear a suit and tie for formal night. :D He tried new foods all week and really enjoyed them! He got along great with our waiters and had his picture taken with them on our final evening. It was a great experience for both of us and I have a feeling it will be for you and your son too!

Archived