Mariner FCC from 5/3 Sailing ????

How did yours come, snail mail or through a TA?

I was on the same cruise with you and Kerrydee, and so far, I haven't received anything.......

Also, I see that you were able to combine your credits. I just became Platinum, so don't I get a $100 balcony discount? I can use that along with my FCC (when I get it?)

I already have a cruise booked for January. Can I apply it to that cruise, or is it for a new booking?

Sorry for all the questions:)

i am a TA. the certs came to my agency and they are mailing them to me. (we are in different states).

the FCC goes towards your final payment so just have your TA apply it as a coupon. it can be done online on cruising power. you need the cert as there are codes on it. if you are already booked (has to be mariner or radiance) call your TA and have her/him call C&A and put your platinum discount on your booking.

i am a TA. the certs came to my agency and they are mailing them to me. (we are in different states).

the FCC goes towards your final payment so just have your TA apply it as a coupon. it can be done online on cruising power. you need the cert as there are codes on it. if you are already booked (has to be mariner or radiance) call your TA and have her/him call C&A and put your platinum discount on your booking.

Thank you for that information.

Just before our cruise, I received a phone message from my TA stating that I would be getting OBC and FCC...due, as you know, to the changed itinerary.

I figured since they know about the FCC, they would apply it to the next cruise I already had booked, on Mariner, for January.

Since I have not received an updated invoice, I wasn't sure if RCI mailed out the certs or the TAs just got them. I also wasn't sure if I could use it on a prior booking.

It would be nice to be able to combine all those credits....I would rather use them as OBC, since I am going with DH this time, and he likes to "spend.":D

Thanks again

Thank you for that information.

Just before our cruise, I received a phone message from my TA stating that I would be getting OBC and FCC...due, as you know, to the changed itinerary.

I figured since they know about the FCC, they would apply it to the next cruise I already had booked, on Mariner, for January.

Since I have not received an updated invoice, I wasn't sure if RCI mailed out the certs or the TAs just got them. I also wasn't sure if I could use it on a prior booking.

It would be nice to be able to combine all those credits....I would rather use them as OBC, since I am going with DH this time, and he likes to "spend.":D

Thanks again

the platinum credit and the FCC both come off the price of the cruise. none will be OBC. i'm sure your TA would prefer OBC because that does not come off the price, therefore no deduction in commission. the platinum credit and the FCC both reduce commission.

you don't get a FCC is you re-booked. you only get the FCC if you actually sailed to the PNW.

i think for re-booking and not doing your original sail date you have a little onboard credit. your travel agent can help you. i think your little O/B credit will be on your new booking.

the platinum credit and the FCC both come off the price of the cruise. none will be OBC. i'm sure your TA would prefer OBC because that does not come off the price, therefore no deduction in commission. the platinum credit and the FCC both reduce commission.

I would prefer OBC as well...darn.

Thank you.

you don't get a FCC is you re-booked. you only get the FCC if you actually sailed to the PNW.

i think for re-booking and not doing your original sail date you have a little onboard credit. your travel agent can help you. i think your little O/B credit will be on your new booking.

We booked through RCCL and the deal was a FCC of $150.00 and OCC of $300.00.

We booked through RCCL and the deal was a FCC of $150.00 and OCC of $300.00.

after checking my letter from RCL it does say option three for re-booking is done on an individual basis.

the re-booking with just a small O/B credit was for re-booking the same dates with a different itinerary and ship.:o

Received an e-mail from my TA today. She said our FCC certificates arrived from our recent Mariner cruise (5/31). The certificates, 2 individual certificates, one for me & one for DD, are non-transferable and must be used by 4/24/2011 on a minimum 4 night or longer MR cruise on an RCCL ship.

I have already booked an April, 2010 cruise for myself & my DH. My TA was able to apply my FCC certificate to that cruise but could not apply my DD's certificate, even though I paid in total for our 5/31 Mariner cruise & it would be going towards her father's cruisefare. That must be the non-transferable part. I was kind of hoping that RC would let me apply the entire $350 towards the new MR booking since it is the same family with the same person paying for the cruise:( Oh well, can't complain..we LOVED our PNW cruise & the OBC compensation & the Mariner!:D Best cruise of our past eight!

Received an e-mail from my TA today. She said our FCC certificates arrived from our recent Mariner cruise (5/31). The certificates, 2 individual certificates, one for me & one for DD, are non-transferable and must be used by 4/24/2011 on a minimum 4 night or longer MR cruise on an RCCL ship.

I have already booked an April, 2010 cruise for myself & my DH. My TA was able to apply my FCC certificate to that cruise but could not apply my DD's certificate, even though I paid in total for our 5/31 Mariner cruise & it would be going towards her father's cruisefare. That must be the non-transferable part. I was kind of hoping that RC would let me apply the entire $350 towards the new MR booking since it is the same family with the same person paying for the cruise:( Oh well, can't complain..we LOVED our PNW cruise & the OBC compensation & the Mariner!:D Best cruise of our past eight!

I am in the same boat...so to speak (or is it "ship"?)

I thought the FCC was per cabin. It sounds like they are making it per person...just dividing it up. That's kinda crummy, because like you, I am traveling with someone else next time.

I took my mom on the May cruise. While she was thrilled that we were going to Canada instead of Mexico, I doubt she will want to take another cruise. I guess it's just not her thing. And she really did not want to go to Mexico. There is no way I can twist her arm to go there.

So, even though I paid for that cruise, she will still get a credit? She will never use it.

I guess I should be happy that they even offered this as incentive. I guess I understand why they would split it, but it doesn't apply in all situations.

I am in the same boat...so to speak (or is it "ship"?)

I thought the FCC was per cabin. It sounds like they are making it per person...just dividing it up. That's kinda crummy, because like you, I am traveling with someone else next time.

I took my mom on the May cruise. While she was thrilled that we were going to Canada instead of Mexico, I doubt she will want to take another cruise. I guess it's just not her thing. And she really did not want to go to Mexico. There is no way I can twist her arm to go there.

So, even though I paid for that cruise, she will still get a credit? She will never use it.

I guess I should be happy that they even offered this as incentive. I guess I understand why they would split it, but it doesn't apply in all situations.

Like my daughter, your Mom will get 1/2 of the FCC credit. And, like your Mom, my daughter may not get the chance to use hers either. She will be so tied up with college and her inturnship that she won't have time for another vacation until mid-summer of 2011, past the April deadline. I totally agree that it does not apply in all situations.

Like my daughter, your Mom will get 1/2 of the FCC credit. And, like your Mom, my daughter may not get the chance to use hers either. She will be so tied up with college and her inturnship that she won't have time for another vacation until mid-summer of 2011, past the April deadline. I totally agree that it does not apply in all situations.

Thanks for that information. I haven't told DH yet, he thinks "we" are getting the total FCC. Oh well. Half is better than nothing, right?

Maybe I could talk my mom into a short one on Radiance....doubtful. I just don't understand how she could not like cruising.....:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
in getting the FCC per person instead of per cabin as originally promised?:rolleyes:

Not us. We got the per cabin amount on our cabin. Still trying to get them to give us the FCC for our daughter's cabin. Frustrating.

Archived