Pre cruise Rome dinner for our roll call group

We're in the planning stages of getting a small group of us (about 15)

for a pre-cruise get together dinner on Sunday night before our cruise on Solstice.

We're looking for something casual with a varied menu and perhaps outdoor seating. Was thinking of something around the Pantheon or Piazza Navona or a spot centrally located.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mari

We're in the planning stages of getting a small group of us (about 15)

for a pre-cruise get together dinner on Sunday night before our cruise on Solstice.

We're looking for something casual with a varied menu and perhaps outdoor seating. Was thinking of something around the Pantheon or Piazza Navona or a spot centrally located.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mari

Hi Mari, I just saw your email also. We really enjoyed our dinner at Tre Scalini. It certainly is easy to find, and I was able to add people as our group grew and grew. It had a varied menu. It isn't a cheap restaurant, but you can keep the cost down if you stick with pastas. We didn't end up eating around the Pantheon because we had so many things planned. Armando al Pantheon comes highly recommended but we didn't get a chance to eat there like I wanted to. It is VERY close to the Pantheon, but it didn't have outdoor seating and couldn't accommodate our large group.

Good luck! Plenty of places to choose from.

We had a group dinner for 35 of cruisecritic cruisers on our Brilliance cruise in Nov. 2007...... Thanksgiving Dinner actually :D at Pizzeria San Marco near the Spanish steps. They were also very accomodating to a large group and billed each of us seperately. They even had a seperate private room for all of us. Even though the name is Pizzeria - they had a varied menu and the prices were very reasonable (especially for Rome) They do not have outside seating however.

There is another restaurant right in the piazza della Rotunda (it is right in front of the Pantheon) called Di Rienzo. It has outside seating as well as beautiful inside seating (if the weather doesnt cooperate).

Have the brochure they gave me - but no website listed. I did a search for "Di Rienzo Restaurant Rome Italy" and one link came up that is a review website called Ten Best. There was a listing for the restaurant but no reviews or pics.

We ate here twice while on our recent visit (last month) and the food was good. Well priced too. Will see if I can get a pic or two to upload. Click on the thumbnails to make bigger. The Pantheon is to the left of the pic.

The address is Pizza del pantheon, 8/9

Tel # +39 - 066869097

Fax +39 - 0668801215

1712737184_EuropeanVacation2009080.jpg.3c7df81db01e1dd761610e9c314095e2.jpg

244446173_EuropeanVacation20091678.jpg.170528a58c89b693499140d2f794e358.jpg

We had a group dinner for 35 of cruisecritic cruisers on our Brilliance cruise in Nov. 2007...... Thanksgiving Dinner actually :D at Pizzeria San Marco near the Spanish steps. They were also very accomodating to a large group and billed each of us seperately. They even had a seperate private room for all of us. Even though the name is Pizzeria - they had a varied menu and the prices were very reasonable (especially for Rome) They do not have outside seating however.

There is another restaurant right in the piazza della Rotunda (it is right in front of the Pantheon) called Di Rienzo. It has outside seating as well as beautiful inside seating (if the weather doesnt cooperate).

Have the brochure they gave me - but no website listed. I did a search for "Di Rienzo Restaurant Rome Italy" and one link came up that is a review website called Ten Best. There was a listing for the restaurant but no reviews or pics.

We ate here twice while on our recent visit (last month) and the food was good. Well priced too. Will see if I can get a pic or two to upload. Click on the thumbnails to make bigger. The Pantheon is to the left of the pic.

Tel # +39 - 066869097

Fax +39 - 0668801215

Many thanks for the info. If you ate there twice, it must be pretty good!

I did find this:

Frommer's Review

This is the top cafe at the Pantheon. In fair weather, try to snag one of the sidewalk tables. In cooler weather, you can retreat inside, where the walls are inlaid with the type of marble found on the Pantheon's floor. It's open daily from 7am to 1 or 2am.

Readers' Reviews

Rome has many wonderful professional waiters working its many fine restaurants, but only one deserves the title of "Rome's Consummate Italian Waiter" and that is Salvatore at Di Rienzo (Piazza della Rotonda, right in front of the Pantheon). His effervescent spirit and positive energy - - the beaming joy with which he seems to greet each new set of guests - - makes him truly "Rome's Best." Once you've dined and people-watched at one of Salvatore's tables, all other dining experiences in Italy will seem just not quite as much fun.

Mari

Thats it !!! Good for you.... I couldnt find their website.

Their caprese is very very good. (Ripe tomatos, buffalo mozzarella with basil and top it off with balsamic vinegar - YUM) I also had this bread topped with cheese (melted) with a anchovie melted into the top. This was my dinner one night. Add a nice glass of wine..... a view of the Pantheon and you have perfection.

The other meal was a crepe. While good - I enjoyed the first much better.

Note: if you look at the map on their website - you will see right below and to the right " Piazza della Minerva" There is a wonderful store on the corner there with delightful delights galore !!!! Kind of a gourmet shop.

We stayed at the Albergo del Senato (we were given the only room on the front with a balcony - 2nd floor) and I could have tossed a stone and hit the Pantheon...... perfect location.

Let me know if you would like any other info :D

Thats it !!! Good for you.... I couldnt find their website.

Their caprese is very very good. (Ripe tomatos, buffalo mozzarella with basil and top it off with balsamic vinegar - YUM) I also had this bread topped with cheese (melted) with a anchovie melted into the top. This was my dinner one night. Add a nice glass of wine..... a view of the Pantheon and you have perfection.

The other meal was a crepe. While good - I enjoyed the first much better.

Note: if you look at the map on their website - you will see right below and to the right " Piazza della Minerva" There is a wonderful store on the corner there with delightful delights galore !!!! Kind of a gourmet shop.

We stayed at the Albergo del Senato (we were given the only room on the front with a balcony - 2nd floor) and I could have tossed a stone and hit the Pantheon...... perfect location.

Let me know if you would like any other info :D

It sounds perfect to me!

Do you have an email address, telephone or fax number for them.

I would like to contact them about securing a reservation.

I'll definitely be looking for the gourmet shop.

Thanks again,

Mari

This is all that was on the brochure they gave us. I posted it above but you probably missed it as it was right above the pics I posted.

Tel # +39 - 066869097

Fax +39 - 0668801215

I also believe on the website you found there was contact info. YEP just checked. click on the "contact us" link and fill in the blanks.....

There are tons of really cool shops all around this area.....very close to the restaurant. We found some very nice handmade silk Italian ties for my BIL and son down one street. Took pics of the loft area over the store where the ties are hand made. Printed this out and gave with the ties.... also some very nice antique stores (altho I did not dare go in any of them :eek:) We loved staying right in this piazza. The del Senato is almost directly across from the hotel.... will stay there again for sure !

This is all that was on the brochure they gave us. I posted it above but you probably missed it as it was right above the pics I posted.

Tel # +39 - 066869097

Fax +39 - 0668801215

I also believe on the website you found there was contact info. YEP just checked. click on the "contact us" link and fill in the blanks.....

There are tons of really cool shops all around this area.....very close to the restaurant. We found some very nice handmade silk Italian ties for my BIL and son down one street. Took pics of the loft area over the store where the ties are hand made. Printed this out and gave with the ties.... also some very nice antique stores (altho I did not dare go in any of them :eek:) We loved staying right in this piazza. The del Senato is almost directly across from the hotel.... will stay there again for sure !

Sorry about, too busy looking at the pictures!

I did use the contact link, but I don't think it works.

I'll wait a day or two to see of I get a response, and then I'll send them a fax. Hopefully these stores will be open on Sunday, we may take a stroll in the afternoon.

Mari

Archived