Packing list for 2 year old

kellyfodel

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but for some reason the search function isn't giving me any results.

Our whole family is going on a cruise (THIS SUNDAY!!) on the NCL Majesty to Bermuda. Our 2 year old son is coming with us. I'm wondering if anyone has put together a packing list of things to bring for your toddler.

Any lists or links to posts would be awesome!

Thanks! :)

Kelly

Yes, been asked many times. Search actually is working well this morning. Perhaps it was the search terms you were having trouble with? Here's a few threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1002180&highlight=packing+list

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=854060&highlight=packing+list

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=700340&highlight=packing+list

Sorry, my list isn't on my work laptop, but here are some things I can recall off the top of my head:

• Wipes
  • Sippy cups (2)
  • Lovey
  • Beach shoes
  • Beach toys
  • AquaDoodle or other travel item for the dining room
  • Sweater (for the cold lounges/dining room)
  • Stain stick/laundry pre-treater
  • Quarters for laundry
  • Bib, child's apron, or big shirt to prevent food accidents
  • 2-3 bathing suits

I usually pack by day, then fill in the "extras." Basically, I take a large ziploc bag and pack an entire outfit - socks, underwear, shirt, and shorts in it. Then I write a date/event on the front (e.g. "5/18, play," "5/18 dinner," or "5/18, spare").

If the day's play clothes are not really appropriate for the dining room, I pack a separate dining room outfit in another ziploc bag and label it. Same goes for pj's beach/pool attire and 2-3 "spare" outfits for the week. Then, I place each ziploc bag in the suitcase,with the latest dated outfits on the bottom, and the outfits that will be worn first on the top.

I know it sounds obsessive, but if I don't do it this way, hubby will reach into the suitcase and dress my daughter in the first random shirt and shorts he finds, and he MIGHT put her in a fresh pair of underwear. :D This way, it's all planned out, I know I've packed enough matching clothes for the week, and hubby can get our daughter dressed quickly and without fuss.

Plus, it's easy to just grab a bag of dry spare clothes to take with us into port and stash in the beach bag or stroller. The ziploc bag keeps the clothes safe from dirt and water, and can later be used for wet bathing suits or dirty wet/clothes (or diapers, if your little one is not potty trained and there are no trash cans around).

Sorry, my list isn't on my work laptop, but here are some things I can recall off the top of my head:

• Wipes
  • Sippy cups (2)
  • Lovey
  • Beach shoes
  • Beach toys
  • Quarters for laundry
  • 2-3 bathing suits

I usually pack by day, then fill in the "extras." Basically, I take a large ziploc bag and pack an entire outfit - socks, underwear, shirt, and shorts in it. Then I write a date/event on the front (e.g. "5/18, play," "5/18 dinner," or "5/18, spare").

If the day's play clothes are not really appropriate for the dining room, I pack a separate dining room outfit in another ziploc bag and label it. Same goes for pj's beach/pool attire and 2-3 "spare" outfits for the week. Then, I place each ziploc bag in the suitcase,with the latest dated outfits on the bottom, and the outfits that will be worn first on the top.

I know it sounds obsessive, but if I don't do it this way, hubby will reach into the suitcase and dress my daughter in the first random shirt and shorts he finds, and he MIGHT put her in a fresh pair of underwear. :D This way, it's all planned out, I know I've packed enough matching clothes for the week, and hubby can get our daughter dressed quickly and without fuss.

Plus, it's easy to just grab a bag of dry spare clothes to take with us into port and stash in the beach bag or stroller. The ziploc bag keeps the clothes safe from dirt and water, and can later be used for wet bathing suits or dirty wet/clothes (or diapers, if your little one is not potty trained and there are no trash cans around).

Wow that does sound obsessive! but it sounds like a very good and organized idea too! We'll be taking our 3 year old on his first cruise next year and I might do that just to stay organized. He has some of his favorite outfits he'd wear until they stand up on their own. He's learning his own independence and this way he'll be able to feel "like a big boy" and dress himself in something clean AND matching. Thanks for the great idea!

Doesn't sound obsessive to me, it sounds organized. I'll be traveling with a 6yo & 2yo so I will be borrowing this idea. Thanks, Lee

• Wipes
  • Sippy cups (2)
  • Lovey
  • Beach shoes
  • Beach toys
  • Quarters for laundry
  • 2-3 bathing suits

On our last cruise, I brought bendy straws instead of sippy cups. I didn't want to wash them out everyday, and that worked well.

Also, I brought 2 packages of Bibsters -- they are disposable bibs made by Pampers. That also worked out well.

Don't forget Color Wonder books from Crayola. They are really-neat coloring books with "magic" markers that ONLY work in those books. Each marker is a different color, so no matter what color they use in the picture, they get to be creative. And--it is IMPOSSIBLE to color outside of the lines!

We love the Color Wonder books because the markers don't write on anything besides the pages in those books, so no need to worry about them accidentally coloring on the tablecloth (at dinner) or their clothes.

CeleBrat

Archived