Luggage Tag Help - DIY

DarrenWoof

This is probably on here somewhere already but i searched and couldnt find the info so Im reposting! Thanks for any help in advance!

I have printed my stuff too and dont see the luggage tags. I am a bit of a perfectionist and wanted to have them printed and laminated before we left for the cruise too. Is there anyway someone can send me something of what they look like so i can make my own in PS if i have to? Or tell me where to get the ones i should print? Please help! Thanks so much!

Ashley

I always request real luggage tags in advance. I have had the cruise line over night them to me as well once. While they do have them at the pier, occasionally it's not easy to get them in a timely manner.

If you got Edocs, they are included in the pages that you need to print. We changed cabins after we received our Edocs so our tags were incorrect. We were able to get them at Railroad Depot (Anchorage) and put them on there.

Is there anyway someone can send me something of what they look like so i can make my own in PS if i have to? Or tell me where to get the ones i should print? Please help! Thanks so much!

Ashley

Here are examples from Solstice. Each Celebrity ship has its own 2 letter code and forward/mid/aft designation.

LuggageTags.jpg

As a first-time cruiser, what is the procedure here if you get your baggage tags via e-mail? Do you print them out on Avery stickyback paper then cut them out and fold them in half over the bag handle like an airline tag? Or do you print them out on regular paper, laminate them, then hole punch them for use with a tie wrap? The second method would seem preferable if you want to retain them as souvenirs.

Just curious,

mgcarnut

I have similar questions about getting "official" luggage tags. We'll be doing an alaska cruise leaving from Vancouver, and the "U.S. Direct" program requires your luggage tags be on your suitcases when you check them in from your home airport. If I do it right, then I give the bags at my local airport, then I don't see them until I'm in my stateroom!

My TA gave me some tags that he printed out, and they look good, but I don't know if they're official and will pass the muster of the program. They do have all the above info as the sample tags, and they're light blue.

I just had a closer look at these things, and it looks like they're printed on special baggage tag label stock, as the back says "baggage tag instructions" in english, then (I suspect) the equivalent in 5 different languages.

As a first-time cruiser, what is the procedure here if you get your baggage tags via e-mail? Do you print them out on Avery stickyback paper then cut them out and fold them in half over the bag handle like an airline tag? Or do you print them out on regular paper, laminate them, then hole punch them for use with a tie wrap? The second method would seem preferable if you want to retain them as souvenirs.

Just curious,

mgcarnut

I have always printed my luggage tags & this is how I did it 2 different ways & liked the last way the best.

I print on normal printer paper. I bought a roll (looks like gift wrap) of peel & stick laminating paper (bought at Target, brand name Duck) You fold the printed luggage tag a couple of times so it gets thick, then I just unpeeled placed the tags on it & folded. Used one staple to attach on each handle.

This way was easiest & have done over & over. Print normal paper, fold as instructed. Then I took clear packing tape it was pretty much the same size. Place the first piece on one side the second on the other. The again stapled to each handle (I had 2 on each bag)

Should luggage tags for concierge class cabins have the red area on the tag like the ones shown in posting #4? Is this what gets the bags the "express service"?

The Aqua Class label didn't have that and AQ gets express delivery service as well. I wonder as well what lets them know which ones get that service.

We had this dilemma toooo this year so I got little white stickers and printed the details from those block onto them and when we got to the port we got luggage tags from the Long shore fellow and we then stuck our stickers in the right spots . The Longshore fellow was quite impressed since there were 7 of us in 3 cabins and lots of luggage.

P.S. all our Luggage went to the right cabins and none got lost.

Any of the various methods for making your own tags will be just fine if that is what you wish to do. Some people enjoy the project of making or embellishing their luggage tags, but it certainly is not necessary.

On past cruises when we used our "official" color-coded priority tags in expectation of the so-called "express service" we did not receive our luggage any sooner than friends in nearby cabins who merely used the plain vanilla tags obtained at the pier. On some cruises all our bags were delivered to our cabin at the same time, while on other cruises some arrived earlier and some later, regardless of how they were tagged.

P.S. Even when we got the tags from the porters at the pier and printed nothing but our cabin numbers on them, all our luggage went to the right cabins and none got lost.

Archived