'Falling' off a cruise ship isn't easy

jleq

I'm still waiting for this topic to pop up on CC.

I fell off a cruise ship and survived .

I would like it to read as a review with pictures :D.

I am glad that some news agency, even one far away from traditional cruising, was able to shed some light on this. I wonder how long it will be before a TV news agency does a report showing just how high the railings are on the ships. I am really surprised that the TV news in Miami, Tampa, Orlando, etc. (basically anywhere that there are ports) have not done something to show just how hard it really is to go over.

On our last cruise my SIL was really worried before the cruise, her first, about their son going over the reailings. Even after I assured her that the railings are very high she was still concerned...until we got on the Glory and she noticed how high the railings really are. She then asked how can people fall over them they are really high.

I'm still waiting for this topic to pop up on CC.

I fell off a cruise ship and survived .

I would like it to read as a review with pictures :D.

My waterproof Vivitar comes on Friday, and I leave for Bermuda in seventeen days. Perhaps I'll try to accomodate you. Someone wanna hand me a bottle of gin?

My waterproof Vivitar comes on Friday, and I leave for Bermuda in seventeen days. Perhaps I'll try to accomodate you. Someone wanna hand me a bottle of gin?

Only if you promise that once you finish the Gin, you will leave a message in that bottle.. lmao!

You can also watch the first 1&1/2 hours of "The Pursuit of Happiness" if you need any suicidal influence.:cool:

Only if you promise that once you finish the Gin, you will leave a message in that bottle.. lmao!

and can you wait to jump until after dinner when you have your finest cut off jean shorts on and a cigarette dangling from your mouth while you are holding your smuggled gin and camera in the other??? Make sure your kids are watching this from the adults only pool wearing their diapers too ;) Just for good measure you could ask your waiter at dinner for the bread basket and use the rolls to save as many deck chairs as possible for the big event :) We may have covered several hot topics if you do all that lol

Australia was that bad? Damn! I wanted to see it

Yeah, half naked Hugh Jackman couldn't save that one. It felt like 18 hours but it "only" lasted three. Either way, it was time better spent doing something constructive like watching grass grow.

and can you wait to jump until after dinner when you have your finest cut off jean shorts on and a cigarette dangling from your mouth while you are holding your smuggled gin and camera in the other??? Make sure your kids are watching this from the adults only pool wearing their diapers too ;) Just for good measure you could ask your waiter at dinner for the bread basket and use the rolls to save as many deck chairs as possible for the big event :) We may have covered several hot topics if you do all that lol

And the most important thing........don't forget to have your tips removed at the pursers desk before jumping!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by trock

Australia was that bad? Damn! I wanted to see it

Yeah, half naked Hugh Jackman couldn't save that one. It felt like 18 hours but it "only" lasted three. Either way, it was time better spent doing something constructive like watching grass grow.

Here's my 2¢ (on that movie), my sweetie and I watched the movie this past weekend and I thought it was not too bad. It is long but we rather enjoyed it.

Here's the original story.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article1010823.ece

It's been my impression you have to almost try to fall off a ship to accomplish it.

I like this part:

They fall or jump or stumble or are pushed, and no one is there to see, and the Coast Guard searches and the news breaks and we try to solve the puzzle on steadier shores.

STUMBLE???? How in the heck does one STUMBLE off a cruise ship? :rolleyes: Down the stairs, maybe :eek: :D

Archived