Room decorations

Looking for information on room decorations (Bon Voyage). Have first time cruisers with us, and want to make it special. Was thinking of doing the Bon Voyage decorations and the Bon Voyage cake. Any opinions?

I ordered the Happy Birthday decorations for our friend's birthday. She loved seeing them when we walked into the room and they were up the entire cruise. I didn't order a cake since they had one for her birthday at dinner and we're not really sweet eaters. (chips and snacks for us):eek: Cake just doesn't go with martinis... ;)

This is a pic of the decorations. I believe they're the same except for the saying on them.

Have a great time.

2042010910051977359S500x500Q85.jpg

I have gotten the Bon Voyage room decoration package a few times. I did it for my kids - they really loved having the streamers and hanging decorations. Wish I had a picture to share. . . The are very festive without being over done. We love them! We don't get the cake because we never get around to eating it. . .too many other food options!

Enjoy the cruise!

Looking for information on room decorations (Bon Voyage). Have first time cruisers with us, and want to make it special. Was thinking of doing the Bon Voyage decorations and the Bon Voyage cake. Any opinions?

Have done the Bon Voyage decorations in the past and I loved them. The roommate had never cruised before and it was a nice surprise to walk into the room and have them waiting. In addition to the decorations in the picture that angeljt posted, they also have a Bob Voyage sign on the door (which was stolen from ours on the last day of the cruise :().

We also had the cake done, It was pretty small (8 inches, I believe) but it was pretty tasty and a nice sailaway treat. Hope this helps. No matter what your decision, have a great cruise!!!

Our twins will be celebrating 13th birthday:rolleyes: next cruise so I will have to order decorations for them in their cabin.

We cruised with princess on my Bday they decorated door and lots of ballons in the cabin.

I loved the bon voyage decorations. We kept them up the whole time, my hubby was so suprised. The door sign fell off though that was diappointing. Here is a pic From our Freedom of the Seas Cruise in May last year

268052926_UploadJuly272008011.jpg.302f3f1afed9574b8af338716e3b8f92.jpg

I decorated our door on our last cruise on the Mariner and I will do again. Not anything fancy. So easy to see your cabin in the hall and easy for others to recognize your cabin. Also initiated conversations with other passengers...a talking point. I hope to do it on all my cruises.

Laura

We ordered the anniversary decor instead of the bday decor (my bday is on the cruise) and so I'm really excited for it! Thanks to those that posted pics :)

Arucruzn - Do what you wish! It seems that the decors put smiles on faces on all ages, so go ahead and do it! It is your cruise :)

Oh this is great! I didn't know there was such a thing as room decorations that you can order ahead of time!

Do I call my TA or RCCL? Gotta get bday decor for my daughter -- she's turning 11 on our cruise :)

~gigi

CaboWabo & Dizzlepop,

I would definitely order the decorations for the kids for just that little extra special touch saying it's their day. Every time we walked in, we would remember that it was a birthday cruise!!! You might want to bring some balloons too for the actual day. I just asked them to put them up so they would be there when we first walked in, but they do ask what day you want them.

You can order right from RC's website.

Click on 'deals & gifts', then on 'shop gifts & gear', then on 'gifts & gear aboard' where it says, 'shop now'. Now click on 'stateroom decorations'. They have photos of the decorations there also.

There are also other things you can order including stuff for kids, baby food, diapers, goodies, wine, romance packages, etc.

It says you can place your order in one of three ways. By phone (800) 722-5443, downloading the order form and faxing it or on line.

Jackie

This link should take you to the page, but you might have to be signed in.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/home.do;jsessionid=0000hlqeiv7pCJd3oNxoIAIq4hR:12hdhu93n

CaboWabo & Dizzlepop,

I would definitely order the decorations for the kids for just that little extra special touch saying it's their day. Every time we walked in, we would remember that it was a birthday cruise!!! You might want to bring some balloons too for the actual day. I just asked them to put them up so they would be there when we first walked in, but they do ask what day you want them.

You can order right from RC's website.

Thank you SO much for all the info -- I have ordered the Happy Birthday decorations for our departure date :)

~gigi

Did the Bon Voyage decorations for my husband's college graduation and we loved them. We took the sign off the door about 2 days into the cruise so we could keep it. It is now hanging in our closet at home and reminds us about how much fun we had...only 2 weeks left until the next one!

The day of sailing is my husbands birthday and I am thinking of getting the bday decorations for him so they are already up when we get there. Two days later, will be our 25th wedding anniversary. I am going to bring anniversary decorations and switch them out. I am packing a door decorations and some signs. Since the streamers are already up, I don't have to worry about them.

Gigi,

Good for you! Every little thing you do makes it seem closer and more real!

Is this your daughter's first cruise?

Jackie

It's her second -- the whole family cruised LOS July '07. She is SO excited, as am I, for this one.

Have Portofino's booked, soda card purchased (for her), one excursion booked, two excursions to choose yet plus Chops night... it's coming together!

~gigi

I use photo shop and make door signs for each cruiser in our group. I find something that fits them: golfer, music, runner, couch potato, etc. I add lots of curly ribbons. I put it up with rubber cement because it will come off and not damage the surface of the door. My friends all say they love it because they can tell if they have turned the correct direction in the hall. If they don't see their door they know to turn back before walking the length of the hall. These are usually something that no one else would want.

It's her second -- the whole family cruised LOS July '07. She is SO excited, as am I, for this one.

Have Portofino's booked, soda card purchased (for her), one excursion booked, two excursions to choose yet plus Chops night... it's coming together!

~gigi

I'm sure you're all excited! I would be too if I were cruising in 2 WEEKS!!! :D

Sounds like you have some fun things planned. Will you go to Chops for her birthday?

I'm sure you're all excited! I would be too if I were cruising in 2 WEEKS!!! :D

Sounds like you have some fun things planned. Will you go to Chops for her birthday?

Since she's only turning 11, she doesn't "qualify" to be a guest at Portofino's or Chops... even though she has impeccable manners and would love it. My best friend and her son are joining us on the cruise so it'll be a girl's dinner for those restaurants. I know the kids will be busy at the AO -- she loved it last time.

She'll get to choose dinner location (JR or MDR or WJ whose fries she still talks about) on her birthday. We're zip-lining on her birthday in Puerta Vallarta :)

~gigi

Ah, I didn't realize you had to be older for those restaurants. I hadn't been on RC for a long time until we went on the Grandeur in May, and no other restaurants on the ship.

I'm sure she would rather have a burger and those fries (especially if they're as good as the ones we had in the Solarium) and the zip lining will be a fun birthday adventure for her!

Archived