Navigator of Seas -Malaga Nov 09

LUCKYSCOT

Anyone have any recommendations on a hotel for our 3 days before the cruise?

Off-topic, I guess, but would trust your recommendations.

Hi David.

I gather your talking about Barca?

Not sure of the hotels but suggest when looking that you stay around the La Rambla area as this is the main tourist spot.

(La Rambla is a long avenue going up from the port area)

You can walk to most tourist attractions from there.

Suggest the first thing you do is the open top bus to find out where everything is located.Tickets are valid for 24 hours.

Cheers and Beers

Paul

Hi David.

I gather your talking about Barca?

Cheers and Beers

Paul

Yes, Paul. Thanks for clarifying it. We're in Barcelona for the three prior to the cruise.

Is Montserrat worth going to? Especially for a liberal Catholic like Lori?

David

Yes, Paul. Thanks for clarifying it. We're in Barcelona for the three prior to the cruise.

Is Montserrat worth going to? Especially for a liberal Catholic like Lori?

David

Not been there sorry David so not sure what its like.

:(

Should be a lot of fun. Transatlantics are my favorite.

I'm not an ice skater but one of the things I'd love to do is at least one lap of the rink mid-ocean, just to say I've ice skated in the middle of the Atlantic. :rolleyes: Hopefully without breaking a leg... :o

Warren

Warren, although it's fun to watch people skating, I didn't try it last year. Skating in the middle of the ocean sounds very cool but not breaking a leg. :eek:

I'm not a good skater but have planned to do it this time. Wanna go together? Jerry

G'day all from Queensland Australia.

My, my this is a surprise. I had registered previously at some site (which I can't remember) which notifies you of other gay cruisers booked on each ship.

So far I've only been notified of one other - not sure if that might be one of you? I'm currently in Sydney and away from my home PC so can't check my emails. I regconise david though from facebook. (Hi!)

So who are we: My partner is Jack 39 an American born in Hawaii USA which is where we met 16 years ago, I'm 45. He followed me back to Australia and we live in a tree house in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast with our two fluffy dogs. We both work for airlines as cabin crew.

This is our second cruise, having just sailed from Sydney via Tahitti and Bora Bora to Hawaii.

Now firmly addicted and plan to sail away as much as time and our money will allow.

We have invited two friends to join us. Geoff who also flys, and his Swiss Miss Ronnie from Switzerland. Us Aussie have a bad habit of bringing strange and exotic men back home.

More later, gotta catch a flight.

Some more info of each of you please.

James

Anyone that needs any info on Malaga or Torremolinos (gay part just outside Malaga)please feel free to ask.

I live here and will be on the TA.

I just added a post previous to this one but it seems to have disappeared. I was just saying that there are four of us from australia who have booked this cruise. Will be on Malaga sun and maybe sat night. Still deciding on a hotel. You might be able to help us out there. Idealy want to be close to train station and port - normally don't stay at gay hotels but open to any good ideas.

Especially need help advice re day trips as only just started accessing our options.

Will add more when I get home later today.

James.

Hi guys,

As I've only just found this thread, I've been posting at the normal thread for this cruise, not this 'fabulous one'! Hence trying to get a handle on everyone listed here.

Hope you don't mind, I've gone back to cut and paste info you have all previously posted just so I can work out who is who and where we are all flying in from. Hopefully I've got all the info right - if you want to add or delete anything please jump in.

It would be fab to know all of your names and stuff you care to share like when you are flying into Malaga and even what hotel. I know some of you have already added this stuff but it was too much to copy across to this message.

Perhaps we should have drink the night before in town or at one of our hotels and perhaps consider our own exclusive cabin crawl? Are any of you on facebook? If so hit me up. Should we post pics somewhere, perhaps in this thread of everyone coming cruising with us?

Quite a diverse group (we love that) aren't we all.

As I understand it we have:

LUCKYSCOT

oceanvoyager - warren 49 - promenade - late -

aireboy1

NashDB - david 49 and fairy princess Lori 47 - Nashville TN - balcony guarantee

MidwestCruiserGuy

sandbox - Paul 45 and Graham 55 - Torremolinos (gay part just outside Malaga) - 8610

kruzguys

achman228 - Jerry (toronto) - 8550 - early

Twonomads - anytime

energyuk - neil - 5 others - UK

johnemsworth - UK

tomjohnsonjr - 53 - south florida

dingoboy - james 45 - jack (originally hawaii) - 8345 - late - queensland australia

- geoff 60 - ronnie (originally swiss) - 8...something - late - melbourne australia

Question. How much nicer is Torremolinos than Malaga? Should we consider booking our pre-cruise accommodation there? How far is it from Malaga and how long and how much would it cost to get to the ship from there?

We won't have a car and were planning to use the train in spain - hope it doesn't rain.

James,

I'm also on your Navigator facebook page.

Warren

Only just worked that out. On the general boards it's a bit like going to a wedding and thinking 'is he' 'isn't he'. You really can't come out and say upfront are you a woofter? Bit like a sinfield episode .... Not that there's anything wrongwith that!

Like jack and me .... We're not gay .... Just helping out while it's busy.

Hi guys,

As I've only just found this thread, I've been posting at the normal thread for this cruise, not this 'fabulous one'! Hence trying to get a handle on everyone listed here.

Hope you don't mind, I've gone back to cut and paste info you have all previously posted just so I can work out who is who and where we are all flying in from. Hopefully I've got all the info right - if you want to add or delete anything please jump in.

It would be fab to know all of your names and stuff you care to share like when you are flying into Malaga and even what hotel. I know some of you have already added this stuff but it was too much to copy across to this message.

Perhaps we should have drink the night before in town or at one of our hotels and perhaps consider our own exclusive cabin crawl? Are any of you on facebook? If so hit me up. Should we post pics somewhere, perhaps in this thread of everyone coming cruising with us?

LUCKYSCOT

oceanvoyager - warren 49 - promenade - late -

aireboy1

NashDB - david 49 and fairy princess Lori 47 - Nashville TN - balcony guarantee

MidwestCruiserGuy

sandbox - Paul 45 and Graham 55 - Torremolinos (gay part just outside Malaga) - 8610

kruzguys

achman228 - Jerry (toronto) - 8550 - early

Twonomads - anytime

energyuk - neil - 5 others - UK

johnemsworth - UK

tomjohnsonjr - 53 - south florida

dingoboy - james 45 - jack (originally hawaii) - 8345 - late - queensland australia

- geoff 60 - ronnie (originally swiss) - 8...something - late - melbourne australia

Iam Tom Johnson 53 from Palm Beach Florida. I will get in Malaga Nov. 7th and will be staying at the Room Mate Lola for the 2 nights.

ETC.

Thanks, James for putting the list together. Hopefully not offending anyone, I've put the info on a Goggle Doc where it can be updated easily and kept all in one place.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWVEIW53ZpU3ZGc4bms4dm1fNThjeDc2bjZkcg&hl=en

All should be able to go directly to this doc and update their info as they wish. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Lori and I took a roadtrip to Atlanta, GA this weekend with no casualities so we should be good to go for 12 nights at sea!:)

David

Thanks, James for putting the list together. Hopefully not offending anyone, I've put the info on a Goggle Doc where it can be updated easily and kept all in one place.

All should be able to go directly to this doc and update their info as they wish. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Lori and I took a roadtrip to Atlanta, GA this weekend with no casualities so we should be good to go for 12 nights at sea!:)

David

Thanks David.

I just added a post previous to this one but it seems to have disappeared. I was just saying that there are four of us from australia who have booked this cruise. Will be on Malaga sun and maybe sat night. Still deciding on a hotel. You might be able to help us out there. Idealy want to be close to train station and port - normally don't stay at gay hotels but open to any good ideas.

Especially need help advice re day trips as only just started accessing our options.

Will add more when I get home later today.

James.

dingoboy James, welcome to this thread. As you may have noticed, many of us also post on the roll call thread like you. Glad you found us here.

We'll arrive in Malaga on Nov/8. With only one night there, we booked Hotel Barcelo, which is located in Malaga train station, so we can take the train from the airport directly. Because of our itinerary getting there, I don't know how much energy we'll have left on the 8th. Maybe we'll do a mini-tour taking the hop-on-hop-off bus before boarding Navigator. Thanks to sandbox for the info.

Jerry

David

Hi David just trying to add some details and pics to your page above. Can't seem to make it work - any tips or things I should try.

thanks

james

been on navigator for two transatlantics and I like the large steam and sauna in mens facilities but the NCL Gem is tempting me this year, it has windows, loungers, jacuzzi and cold plung in mens spa area... I also with the adult pool on the navigator was enclosed during the rainy november days. currently looking at the november crossings of navigator, Celebrity solstice and NCL Gem...

Hi David just trying to add some details and pics to your page above. Can't seem to make it work - any tips or things I should try.

thanks

james

Sorry, I thought I had is set up for anyone to edit, but looks like I didn't. I "think" I've fixed it now. Let me know if not.

David

Question. How much nicer is Torremolinos than Malaga? Should we consider booking our pre-cruise accommodation there? How far is it from Malaga and how long and how much would it cost to get to the ship from there?

We won't have a car and were planning to use the train in spain - hope it doesn't rain.

Hi Dingoboy.

Would not suggest you stay in Torre on the sunday night as at that time of year there will be hardly anything open and very quite.

The bars do not get busy till around 11.30 pm.

There would be much more to see a do in Malaga.:)

Sorry, I thought I had is set up for anyone to edit, but looks like I didn't. I "think" I've fixed it now. Let me know if not.

David

Thanks David-managed to get acess and added some detalis.

When I went to add a photo it added a couple of extra spacesI could not get rid of .(soory completly useless when it come's to that sort of thing):confused:

Will leave out the photo I think.:p

Paul

Archived