My proposal

HeyRoss

I'm sailing on the Splendor on June 21 and will be proposing to my girlfriend early on the trip.

My idea and question to you all is, would it be possible to have something printed in the daily Capers paper that list current events on the ship?

Ideally I would like to ask her to marry me in print, read it together and then drop on one knee.

If it works out, my friend is going to bring and "advanced" copy of it to cocktails before supper club to perfect the moment of surprise.

Thanks for your input and also feel free to let me know if you have other ideas.

call carinvals guest relations, and see what they say.

check with the persur or the cruise director as soon as you get on board, one of them should be able to help you

good luck :D

I'm sailing on the Splendor on June 21 and will be proposing to my girlfriend early on the trip.

My idea and question to you all is, would it be possible to have something printed in the daily Capers paper that list current events on the ship?

Ideally I would like to ask her to marry me in print, read it together and then drop on one knee.

If it works out, my friend is going to bring and "advanced" copy of it to cocktails before supper club to perfect the moment of surprise.

Thanks for your input and also feel free to let me know if you have other ideas.

Ic woudl think that the Capers are printed up well in advance and don't take requests. If that IS the case, you might want to try and find a past Capers and create your own based unon it, with the correct dates, etc. Insert your part, have it printed up like the real ones, pack it in your suitcase and reveal it on the correct day.

Just a thought.

Good luck and congratulations. That is, assuming the answer is yes!!! lol

Ic woudl think that the Capers are printed up well in advance and don't take requests. If that IS the case, you might want to try and find a past Capers and create your own based unon it, with the correct dates, etc. Insert your part, have it printed up like the real ones, pack it in your suitcase and reveal it on the correct day.

Just a thought.

Good luck and congratulations. That is, assuming the answer is yes!!! lol

Not sure about the request but I believe they at least have the capability to print in real-time. When our second Mexico port was cancelled due to the swine flu scare we received a new Capers for the next day, revised to say "Fun Day at Sea". This happened after they had already delivered the version reading "Cozumel". We have two for that day.

Not sure about the request but I believe they at least have the capability to print in real-time. When our second Mexico port was cancelled due to the swine flu scare we received a new Capers for the next day, revised to say "Fun Day at Sea". This happened after they had already delivered the version reading "Cozumel". We have two for that day.

You're right. Good point.

Thanks everyone!

1) She will say yes :), we've discussed our future thoroughly.

2) I think the papers are printed daily on the ship (up to date weather etc)

3) Have you seen proposals on your prior cruises?

thanks again

Print up what you want to say, when on board take it to the supper club and have the waiter put it in the menu,(wine list menu) when she opens the menu... PRESTO ~~!!~~88.gif

If you participate in the karaoke contest (assuming they have one), you could walk off stage in the middle of the song, get down on one knee, then pop the question. If you're lucky, they'll be filming, and you'll get to see it over and over in your cabin.

For sure contact John Heald, he will get you in touch to whomever can putt his off. I like the Wine list idea but you would want to make sure it is something you can keep. So, the capers idea is great!! This will be something that you both will rememeber forever. Always be this romantic during your marriage and you will be married forever for sure!!

Come back and let us know how things went! Best of luck!!

Hey, Ross... :)

Drop me an email... I may be able to help.

My address is in my signature!!

:)

Thanks everyone!

1) She will say yes :), we've discussed our future thoroughly.

2) I think the papers are printed daily on the ship (up to date weather etc)

3) Have you seen proposals on your prior cruises?

thanks again

On our cruise on the Valor 5/31 we had a member of our roll call propose to his GF on the first night of the cruise. Some of the roll call members offered to slip into their cabin and decorated the bed with fake rose petals, the cabin with flameless candles, and the balcny with Japanese paper lanterns. They also had a bottle of champagne chilled and ready in the ice bucket. Some of the ladies brought the items with them. It was fun planning this whole event on our roll call. After dinner and the show, he brought her back to the cabin where he proposed on one knee. The next morning, on our first sea day, he brought the fiancee to the meet and greet where we heard all the details and she showed off the beautiful ring. Good luck to you in planning your proposal. :)

I saw a young couple getting their pic made during formal nite. Their whole family was standing around when all of a sudden he dropped to one knee w/ a ring in his hand. I think she almost fainted. It was really cute. Please be sure and come back and give a full review. Now that Mach is involved, I know it will be a GOOD one:D

I don't know a quicker way of messing up a good relationship than getting married. BUT if you have your mind set on it (think carefully man) then you could do better than the capers scheme.

Find out when they do that silly "That's Amore" routine in the dining room, you could pay off a bunch of the waiters (or most of them if the Matre 'd was in on it $$$) to roam over to your table towards the end of the song, singing to your gal and do the knee thing then. The dining room would explode!

I was going to offer more ideas but as I write this, I don't think I could top it. If you think this is still a good idea.

better contact the Host..:p

have you thought about this?..it s how my brother-inlaw proposed..

he went to a souviner shop at Fisherman s Wharf..where they can impose

your likeliness on the cover of just about any magazine..

his picture was on the cover Sports Illustrated.. with a sign reading *Franny, Marry Me*..:D

your imagination can tell you how to show her the magazine you choose..

Print up what you want to say, when on board take it to the supper club and have the waiter put it in the menu,(wine list menu) when she opens the menu... PRESTO ~~!!~~88.gif

Dang! You took my idea. I think you can go online right now and already start making reservations for the Supper Club. Try to print something up in advance and get it to the Supper Club before your appointed time. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to work with you on your proposal. It should be a very romantic setting as well.

Be sure to let everyone here know how it goes when you get back. Best Wishes to you!

I don't know a quicker way of messing up a good relationship than getting married. BUT if you have your mind set on it (think carefully man) then you could do better than the capers scheme.

Find out when they do that silly "That's Amore" routine in the dining room, you could pay off a bunch of the waiters (or most of them if the Matre 'd was in on it $$$) to roam over to your table towards the end of the song, singing to your gal and do the knee thing then. The dining room would explode!

I was going to offer more ideas but as I write this, I don't think I could top it. If you think this is still a good idea.

Truer words were never spoken. ~

Archived