MAssage and restaurant Question..please help!

burbanum

I am going to Progeso in September and want to get a massage! I have read a few posts about this here and some are more clear on where to get the massage and the cost and I am wondering if anyone has been there recently and could comment on this. Where would i get a beach massage for a good deal? How much should I expect to pay? Can I get a 60 or 90 min or only a 45 min? Is it close to where the ship docks? how do i get there?

As far as restaurants...I am looking for a recommendation on where to get good chips and salsa and a margarita for a good deal! Please recommend where you suggest and if you have an idea of the price? I am trying ot budget according to what i think i will need for my port stops!

THanks so Much!

I am going to Progeso in September and want to get a massage! I have read a few posts about this here and some are more clear on where to get the massage and the cost and I am wondering if anyone has been there recently and could comment on this. Where would i get a beach massage for a good deal? How much should I expect to pay? Can I get a 60 or 90 min or only a 45 min? Is it close to where the ship docks? how do i get there?

As far as restaurants...I am looking for a recommendation on where to get good chips and salsa and a margarita for a good deal! Please recommend where you suggest and if you have an idea of the price? I am trying ot budget according to what i think i will need for my port stops!

THanks so Much!

I read you can get a massage for $20 on the beach at Progeso. . .Just take the bus from the pier to downtown Progeso and go 2 blocks to the beach. You will see folks getting a full massage. .and ask the price. . .the price goes down the later in the day

Most of the restaurants have places across the street on the beach. Just pick one that strikes your fancy. The chips and salsa and margaritas are pretty much the same and good at all of them. Progresso is a great place for drinking and people watching. In my opinion "Le Saint Bonnet" is about the best best place to eat a sit down meal. The fried snapper is the best. Enjoy!

take the double decker bus for $2 and you will go by all of the restraunts. I cant remember the name of the place we ate at but it is right on the beach. If you take the dd bus tour the restraunt we went to will be on your left when the bus turns right to go parallel with the ocean. my gf and her friends got a massage for $20. they said that they didnt think the girls really knew how to give a massage. daffy duck spa was set up right in front of the restraunt we ate at and it appeared that they were giving a good massage. daffy duck was only $15 for a massage.

You won't have any trouble finding a massage...the girls are all over the place. We were short on time, but our group got 30 min massages for $10. It was the best $10 I've spent in a long time!:)

If you're in Progreso, I'd recommend Buddy's. its about halfway down the Malecon from the circle. We had 2 for $5 'rita's ( the real national drink of Texas) and I had a shrimp dish that was scrumptious. Buddy is an American living there and is very very warm and welcoming. Passing out free tequila shots, to try to sell a bottle, of course, but free is free. Anyway DW and I loved it an will return next time we get in that area. Didnt do the massages. It was very overcast that day and they had had rain the night before so not much going on on the beach. We did take that $2 tour bus though. Sit up top so you can duck under the power lines :D. Loads of fun and a chance to get a good look at a real nice little town. Its so different from the border towns. very nice. and we should know. DW is from the Valley and I lived there 5 years. Nothing like Reynosa and Matamoros, thank goodness.

enjoy your trip

Just got back from our cruise a week ago. Had drinks at Buddy's. Excellent service and nice clean bathrooms for the area. My son and I both had a 50 min message on the beach for $15 bucks each. We used the people right on the coner on the beach under the "blue" canopy. Both were excellent. Probably was the best value for money on the entire trip. Will definetly do it again on the next trip.

Just got back from our cruise a week ago. Had drinks at Buddy's. Excellent service and nice clean bathrooms for the area. My son and I both had a 50 min message on the beach for $15 bucks each. We used the people right on the coner on the beach under the "blue" canopy. Both were excellent. Probably was the best value for money on the entire trip. Will definetly do it again on the next trip.

SOunds great thanks so much! Do they have longer massages if you want those too? i cannot wait!

• 2 weeks later...

this will be my first ''' beachy '' cruise so i am new to all of it. when i take the shuttle to the beach will there be chairs or anything too set on near the water or do i need to bring a large towel or something to set on . i cant wait to go but need info bad. thanks so much. also is the fury sail, snorkle and beach tour worth it. i will be on the carnival fantasy and that is who the tour is with. :)

We're going to Progreso next week and planning on doing the double decker bus tour then eating at Le Saint Bonnet. Will we need to take a taxi back to the ship? This is our first time cruising. Appreciate any info.

We sailed out of New Orleans July 6-11, 2009 on the Carnival Fantasy. Soon as you get off the ship in Progreso and get through the shopping area there you board the free bus ride to the town. When you get off the bus walk 1/2 block-turn left and walk one block. Ta Da! The beach. We rented a plastic beach lay down chair. $2 each. The first place has padded lay downs for $8. We took the next place for $2.00 as we were only staying 3-4 hours. Shopped for a massage. . .or should I say they shopped me. Got a 30 min (she said 45 min) for $10. It was good. We opted not to do the Corona Beach Party for $39.00 per person. Did not want to drink at 10:30am.

Went for a swim in the water. Refreshing. Read other posts about the beach saying . .dirty. . .brown water. No so. The water is shallow and sand is light brown on the bottom. Do go to the beach in Progreso. Very nice time.

I was in Progresso in June, and yes they do have very cheap massages, BUT don't expect to relax at the ones on the beach. There is a party that was going on when me and my husband went, lots of people all around, some teens playing beach volley ball, and it was very noisy. The lady who did my husbands massage I noticed had her child there that was running around the massage table, so be very selective when you do choose. I also noticed that her towels were dirty after the massage started. But if you don't mind these little quips then the beach massage is okay. We also ate at Le Saint Bonnet which was recommended on this site, my only warning is don't order the nachos...I was surprised when I got nachos with the liquid nacho cheese on them rather than real cheese. Also I think we were overcharged, but thats a whole other story. $2 double decker was great for showing you around.

Archived