Question about 1 night in SJ

xcell

Hi

Im really thinking about going on a Southern Caribbean cruise on RCI this Aug and have some questions...hopefully someone/anyone can help me...

1. We are flying a night before with DD2, DD5 and DW, we can stay the night BUT the cruise doesnt leave until late at night? Do you know what time RCI AOS allows you to board and if its late what can I do with my luggage until then?

2. Do taxis require car seats for kids? Is it a long drive from the airport to any of the hotels???

1. Not 100% certain of boarding time, but would imagine it would be before lunch (others will hopefully confirm this). If for some reason you need to find luggage storage, there is a restaurant in Old San Juan that offers this. Do a google search for 'luggage options in Old San Juan' and you should find info.

2. Taxi ride from airport to hotels - Isla Verde hotels 10-15mins, Condado Hotels 15-30mins, OSJ Hotels (30mins) - times subject to traffic conditions.

3. Don't believe taxis require kids seats, but if you bring one, you wil be able to fit it in the taxi.

Hope that helps

1. Not 100% certain of boarding time, but would imagine it would be before lunch (others will hopefully confirm this). If for some reason you need to find luggage storage, there is a restaurant in Old San Juan that offers this. Do a google search for 'luggage options in Old San Juan' and you should find info.

2. Taxi ride from airport to hotels - Isla Verde hotels 10-15mins, Condado Hotels 15-30mins, OSJ Hotels (30mins) - times subject to traffic conditions.

3. Don't believe taxis require kids seats, but if you bring one, you wil be able to fit it in the taxi.

Hope that helps

While Coqui2007 is considered a local expert, and is prohibited from naming local businesses, fortunately I'm not.;) She's referring to Barrachina Restaurant. They offer free luggage storage from 9am to 5pm everyday. You can find details at http://www.barrachina.com/

My DH and I went on a Carnival Southern Car. cruise in May and stayed at the Cervantes Hotel the night before the cruise left. The hotel was amazing and the staff was very helpful. I have heard that they will hold your luggage after you check out, but you would want to confirm this with the front desk. The hotel is an easy walk to Pier 4, the ferry Pier and another Pier--It would be too far to walk with children and luggage to the international (Pan Am) pier.

We sailed the AOS in May out of the Pan Am pier.

The ride is about 20 mins from Airport to Sheraton in old San Juan.

We left our luggage at the hotel during the departure day after we checked out. I've heard you can board 11ish, but we toured San Juan until about 2PM then picked up our luggage grabbed a cab and headed over to the ship. Note that boarding at 11 dosn't mean you can access your room at that time, that is often later (early afternoon sometime).

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed out of Pan Am in April on Princess. We took an AM flight the day of the sailing out of DC and got there in pleanty of time. I was a little nervous since we didn't get a direct flight but all was well and we had a great time. We extended our stay on the other end instead.

Archived