Buying flowers through Carnival for upcoming cruise

krazykevy

My first cruise is in 13 days...and I was looking through the items that I can purchase and have waiting in my room on the day of embarkation....so my question is, has anyone purchased the flowers to surprise their spouse? Are they of good quality? $51 for roses isn't a terrible price...I just want to see if the quality is there...or any other suggestions on a nice surprise gift when the wife enters our stateroom for the first time. Thaks for any help!

Kevin

are you flying or driving to the port? what we normally do is go to a Publix on the way to the ship and pick up flowers there, this way I can chose what I want, the two times I ordered thru the cruise line I was not impressed. They are easy to travel with inside a regular grocery bag. No problems taking them onboard .Enjoy your cruise.:)

I have never purchased a bouquet of flowers but we have purchased

single stem roses from the formalities shop for the ladies in the group, and they put them in water when they get to the stateroom and they last the week, so I think if you keep water in them and keep the room cool you should be fine, they have always appeared to be quality roses. Enjoy your cruise!

YES! I purchased roses for my wife's 50th birthday and they were absolutely gorgeous! Each rose was as huge as a softball! I've never seen roses that big before. The only problem with buying the roses was the fact that we could not take them off the ship at the end of the cruise!

:cool:Bill

I have ordered roses for Cheryl over a dozen times (through Carnival). Most of the time they are very nice, and last a few days - though with items such as these, the quality does vary.

Here are a few:

81818045_rPzdS-L.jpg

434906534_xsDGZ-L.jpg

326487494_wx4Gs-L.jpg

175391191_fHytx-L.jpg

121499314_5wKSt-L.jpg

Tom

We have to agree with "Tom-n-Cheryl" on this one. We have ordered flowers on all of our 25 cruises and were never disappointed. Most were Roses but have done the spring flower arrangements before also. We repeat...never disappointed. Have already ordered more for our Nov Miracle cruise and again for our Jan Dream sailing. Go for it and Bon Voyage!:)

Wayne & Debbie

Although not advertised/shown on the Carnival Bon Voyage site, you can call and request different colors of roses as well. They are also available in peach or white (my personal favorite), and the pricing is the same.

2669086850103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

The 'Superior Floral' was attempted once, but never again. By the fourth evening they were an ugly mess. On embarkation day, I mentioned to the cabin steward that I'd take care of watering so he didn't need to worry with it. He sorta chuckled and said, "But Mr. Don, those are plastic". It took a while to prove they were real, and a few days later his comment was, "Yep, they are real. . . and real dead". This was in one of those unique cabins with the two full windows, and I think the darn things got too much sun for a cut arrangement. But here's what it looked like to start with:

2503403260103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

When not getting either of the above, I stick with the Deluxe Floral offering, and those have always been perfection. Little difference in each one based (I guess) on what is in season at the time. On numerous short sailings, they've still looked brand new at the end, so I'll occasionally take it down to the Purser desk and offer it for their back office. Always results in a big surprised smile. I highly suggest ordering these:

2217312450103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

2221460700103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

I ordered a dozen red roses as a surprise for my wife on our 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Triumph. The roses were in the cabin when we arrived. They were gorgeous - very good quality. In fact, at the end of the 7 day cruise, they looked as good as when we arrived. We asked our room steward if she would like them and she did, so we left them with her.

Archived