loophole in the non refundable deposit on ppd code

beyoung

I am SO excited, I was out to dinner last night and ran into my TA, she told me that she was able to get the early booking fare without the risk of losing deposit for the 3/21/10 and get this, we are getting an on board credit of 100.00 balcony for two for only 1700.00 or so and the best part one hour open bar!

I was afraid that it would be too good to be true (the insides are only like 1100.00 with taxes and the same perks) but she said that TA's can do a group at the early booking rate and not take the ppd code just a price match to it so deposits are refundable! Check with you TA and see if he or she will do it for you, I am so excited! I love a deal :)

I am SO excited, I was out to dinner last night and ran into my TA, she told me that she was able to get the early booking fare without the risk of losing deposit for the 3/21/10 and get this, we are getting an on board credit of 100.00 balcony for two for only 1700.00 or so and the best part one hour open bar!

I was afraid that it would be too good to be true (the insides are only like 1100.00 with taxes and the same perks) but she said that TA's can do a group at the early booking rate and not take the ppd code just a price match to it so deposits are refundable! Check with you TA and see if he or she will do it for you, I am so excited! I love a deal :)

Good for you. What your TA neglected to tell you is that group rates are not eligible for individual price drops so you really didn't gain much of anything by booking that rate.

nope she told me that, I am thrilled with a balcony for 1762.00 for two people INCLUDING taxes, add that 100.00 on board credit and open bar and I am golden.(we can do some serious damage in an hour lol)

The rate is lower than I personally have ever cruised in a balcony, I highly doubt it will drop lower but she did say if it did we can always reprice the group and see if it is worth it depending on the taxes etc and that the points would be lower. I am happy as can be, only had to put 25.00 per person and then the other 225.00 per person is not until October. To me it is a total win win situation.

I have no idea when you are sailing or what your catagory is but this is a school vacation week, prices are always higher and it is the same as the early saver rate so it couldn't be lowered by booking that rate it is the same.

Hey I am thrilled and was just thought I would let other people know it is an option to investigate. If you think I got a bad deal we just dissagree. No biggie I am happy as can be.

oh I just noticed your ticker, looks like you are sailing at the end of hurricane season on the western, where we are school vacation on the southern that could certainly effect pricing but have a great trip you got a great price

Strange, the TA for CC group cruises has said that the rates for CC cruises are usually a tad more than the early saver rate, but with the $100 OBC they might be lower by maybe $10 or $20 when you take the OBC into consideration.

Im waiting to see a rate if there will be a CC Crazies cruise how much more than early saver it will be, so Im not so sure they can always price match early saver, just lucky yours could?

Iv heard for the Dream the price was only less after you counted in the OBC.

I have no idea when you are sailing or what your catagory is but this is a school vacation week, prices are always higher and it is the same as the early saver rate so it couldn't be lowered by booking that rate it is the same.

Hey I am thrilled and was just thought I would let other people know it is an option to investigate. If you think I got a bad deal we just dissagree. No biggie I am happy as can be.

oh I just noticed your ticker, looks like you are sailing at the end of hurricane season on the western, where we are school vacation on the southern that could certainly effect pricing but have a great trip you got a great price

I've never booked a balcony cabin with the perks you got for that price! I'd have jumped on such a deal too. Enjoy your cruise as that is all that really matters :D

I know that I can not complain about the rate that I got for a 7 day cruise on the Splendor next January. I got a balcony for $1298.00 for 2 people (I booked in January when they have the best rates), so I was excited about that. Sure I booked early saver, but I also took out insurance just in case something happens that I can not go.

May I ask what a one hour open bar is, I have never heard of that.

That's pretty standard practice. However, if the "group" isn't filled and the TA is left with any empty berths......all bets are off. Price will go up, perks will go down.

the one hour open bar is a big party for all the groups on board together not just us. You get some munchies and all you can drink for one hour. We don't have to worry about losing the perks as all eight couples put down our deposits and that was all she needed so there is no risk of not getting our open bar or 100.00- she has other people booking too so we have no worries unless it went under five cabins- she was very upfront with us our price is protected as are our perks.

Not sure why you would say this quote below it is like you are insinuating she is tricking us or something???

"That's pretty standard practice. However, if the "group" isn't filled and the TA is left with any empty berths......all bets are off. Price will go up, perks will go down. "

She has never been anything but upfront and honest with us, I have no worries about bets being off or being stuck :(

If we wanted a private party she said we would need a lot of cabins like 50 or 60 or something but we are fine sharing our party with others, heck might meet some new friends :)

Archived