Navigator Pool Deck

Wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what the Navigator pool deck is like.....my family and I like to do the 5 night Western Caribbean cruise from FLL and we prefer the smaller ships (Enchantment, Grandeur, etc.) and are a little disappointed that they've moved those ships and are givng us the Navigator as the only choice.

We are total pool rats and sun worshippers and spend most of our time around the pool. What is the pool deck like? It is big, open and large enough to accomodate all those people? Does it get jam-packed? We tried the Radiance out a couple of years ago and we couldn't find a chair around the pool, or even up on the top deck b/c it was so crowded (went very early and several times throughout the cruise)--we were extremely disappointed and didn't like the crammed layout of the pool area. Wondering what the NOS is like.

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what the Navigator pool deck is like.....my family and I like to do the 5 night Western Caribbean cruise from FLL and we prefer the smaller ships (Enchantment, Grandeur, etc.) and are a little disappointed that they've moved those ships and are givng us the Navigator as the only choice.

We are total pool rats and sun worshippers and spend most of our time around the pool. What is the pool deck like? It is big, open and large enough to accomodate all those people? Does it get jam-packed? We tried the Radiance out a couple of years ago and we couldn't find a chair around the pool, or even up on the top deck b/c it was so crowded (went very early and several times throughout the cruise)--we were extremely disappointed and didn't like the crammed layout of the pool area. Wondering what the NOS is like.

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering the same thing. We're trying the Navigator for the first time in January and there are 2 sea days. Never been on a BIG ship! :cool:

The Navigator is my favorite ship, so far, in the RCCL fleet. My husband and I fell in love with it as soon as we got on, but we are big ship fans. I too spend a lot of time at the pool and it is great. You'll have your choice of the regular outside pool, or you can go to the solarium if you want a quieter, less sunny area.

The entire ship is GREAT! You'll love it.

We have sailed on the Navigator the past 2 years during spring break and absolutely loved it! In fact we had sooo much fun the first year we had to go back on it again the very next year with a whole new group of friends! This year there was a total of 17 of us in our group! The pool area is really nice...we never had trouble at all finding chairs...and we are sun lovers too! But I will say we did get out there fairly early but there were always chairs to be found. I will have to say that we always tended to sit up on the top deck ....found it to be a little bit more cooler with the breeze up there! And enjoyed standing up and watching over the side of the ship as we were sailing along!! Boy do I wish I were on another cruise soon!! :D Let me tell you ....you will love the ship! And be sure to check out the Cafe Promenade....they have the best cookies and cheesecake in there! :p

we have sailed on the navigator the past 2 years during spring break and absolutely loved it! In fact we had sooo much fun the first year we had to go back on it again the very next year with a whole new group of friends! This year there was a total of 17 of us in our group! The pool area is really nice...we never had trouble at all finding chairs...and we are sun lovers too! But i will say we did get out there fairly early but there were always chairs to be found. I will have to say that we always tended to sit up on the top deck ....found it to be a little bit more cooler with the breeze up there! And enjoyed standing up and watching over the side of the ship as we were sailing along!! Boy do i wish i were on another cruise soon!! :d let me tell you ....you will love the ship! And be sure to check out the cafe promenade....they have the best cookies and cheesecake in there! :p

amen to those cookies!!!! They are the best:)

We never try to sit right next to the pool---the chairs are jammed so closely together, that you have to crawl onto them....

We always go up a deck or two where there are fewer people, and you can re-arrange the chairs to suit your group! It's still easy enough to run down the steps and take a dip when you need to!

We never try to sit right next to the pool---the chairs are jammed so closely together, that you have to crawl onto them....

We always go up a deck or two where there are fewer people, and you can re-arrange the chairs to suit your group! It's still easy enough to run down the steps and take a dip when you need to!

That is exactly what we did....we had our big group all in a circle right up there by the sky bar! That way the drinks were not too far away! and we could jump right there on those steps and into the pools! :D And....we had a front row seat for the band and all the poolside activities!

Been on Navigator last two Januarys -- great ship!!

My pool spot is on the third level/row up from the pool, just below the sky bar. Great people watching, arrange lounges for your group of friends, close to both pool bar and sky bar.

However, after just getting off the AOS last month (NOS sister ship but without Chops and Vintages), I was banned from my favorite spot because I was not staying in a suite; the top two rows on both sides of the pool, plus the entire center top section opposite the sky bar, was roped off, for suite guests only.

My pool spot is on the third level/row up from the pool, just below the sky bar. Great people watching, arrange lounges for your group of friends, close to both pool bar and sky bar.

However, after just getting off the AOS last month (NOS sister ship but without Chops and Vintages), I was banned from my favorite spot because I was not staying in a suite; the top two rows on both sides of the pool, plus the entire center top section opposite the sky bar, was roped off, for suite guests only.

Just curious, were those seats actually being used by the suite guests? I heard that they mostly go unused.

Was on NOS a couple of weeks ago, again those areas you mention are now for Suite guests, not sure if this is fleet wide or been done previously but have noticed before on any other RC ships we have been on, we found the pool dec and all other areas for sunbathing to be busy, but generally you could get a couple of loungers, we usually went on the deck above the pool, you can as another poster mentioned enjoy excellent views and if it is a really hot day a nice cooling breeze!!! :-)

Any she is a lovely ship and you will enjoy her!!

James

I am looking ahead to trying the Navigator on the TA out of Rome for 2011. We are unable to go any sooner due to a CC CaGroup Cruise on the Mariner, April 10, 2011. Anyone from Calif or as we call ourselves, the Left Coast Cruisers do join our Roll Call.

The Navigator will be the largest ship we will have been on, other then the Mariner, that April & have anjoyed two Radiance Class ships before.

Archived