What do you like about newer ships?

sherizel

I just returned from my first cruise on the Fascination and had a pretty good time. I was impressed at the overall cleanliness and condition of the ship considering it is one of the older ones in the fleet. I really would like to try one of the new ships just for comparison. I've read about them but for those who have experienced both old and new, what do you like better about the newer ships?

I have done both, really enjoyed my first cruise on the Holiday, ship was nice, service was fantastic, food was good. Two others were newer ships, the Splendor being the newest. Picked them just for size and the fact that they were newer, and the prices were good. I kind of just like the newness of a ship and that is why whe have the Dream booked and for Christmas I didn't think the price was too bad. Plus I think the newer ships have more features my kids would like.

I just returned from my first cruise on the Fascination and had a pretty good time. I was impressed at the overall cleanliness and condition of the ship considering it is one of the older ones in the fleet. I really would like to try one of the new ships just for comparison. I've read about them but for those who have experienced both old and new, what do you like better about the newer ships?

Wish I could give you some insight, but I won't get on the newer ships because they are too big.

Not much.

I prefer smaller ships and LOVE the Fascination. Unfortunately, for a 7-day or longer, the ships of Carnival are huge.

In my opinion, bigger certainly isn't better. Too many people, too much noise, long lines, crowded theaters and other venues.

But, that doesn't stop me. I buy a balcony and when things get too noisy or frenetic, I escape to my balcony refuge........

I love to cruise and I love Carnival ships.... I'll just be glad when this "bigger is better" mentality is over.....

I love the new ships. I try to book the newer ones as soon as they come out if they are on the EAst Coast. We did 6 different ones the year they came out or a few months later. We did Carnival Freedom the year it came out and this past Feb. I love the newness of the ship. It has everything too. We have the Dream booked for Feb next year too. You will love the newer ones. There is something So Great about it!

We like the newer ships, as we LOVE having a balcony.. I spend a good part of the day there!!:)

For some reason, the newer ships 'smell' newer, if that makes any sense!:rolleyes:

We don't necessarily like 'bigger' tho', so will be content sticking with the current Conquest Class.. or Spirit Class..!!:p

Me too, for different reasons. :(

LMAO!!!

Okay, now for my "Two Cents"

We've been on both and both have their pros and cons. It will always come down to personal likes and dislikes but we enjoy the smaller ships because no mater how small they are.. they sure are big when you stand next to one (I make a funny!) The service can be a little more personalized, it doesn't take two days to get aquainted with your surroundings all although I know they are there... I don't have as many run ins with the "Chair Hogs"

The big ones are obviously new, more amenities, more options. The "hogs" seem to gravitate to these ships!!!

We leave on the Fantasy in 31 Days !!! Woo Hoo. We are planning our next one on the Conquest. Our B2B will probably be on the Dream or Freedom.

That new cruise smell of course.

That "New Ship" smell.:D

LMAO!!!

We leave on the Fantasy in 31 Days !!! Woo Hoo. We are planning our next one on the Conquest. Our B2B will probably be on the Dream or Freedom.

If you can, please post plenty of pics of the Fantasy. We are booked on her inaugural sailing out of Mobile in Nov.!

The only ship we have sailed on has been the Holiday and always had a good time. I just wish the Holiday had the stabilizers that the larger ships have. I have always said, how much fun you have on any cruise is up to you!

Archived