Chance of last minute 1/2 day tour with driver in Invergordon??

Does anyone happen to know if there is a possibility of any knowedgeable/reliable/reasonable tour drivers hanging around the port in Invergordon just waiting for last minute 1/2 day booking with a couple who just wants to go into Beauly and to see Loch Ness? What should something like this cost if we can find someone to drive us, say for 4 hours? DH doesn't want to go by train or on a long bus excursion. :oThank you.

We were there in '04 & unless things have changed there is not much at the dock or in town. I would get a tour arranged ahead of time.

They did have a free tour to a distillery the van came down the dock.

Picture of Downtown & the dock area

DSC00925.jpg.e88495e6af98278b5295676f4d6283a5.jpg

DSC00929.jpg.639ec4a9e4c520b26d782e855f78cf68.jpg

Have you gone to your cruise thread to see if anyone is looking for others to share a tour?

Private tours on my roll call are pretty much booked up. DH is more likely to go out "touring" if I don't lock up anything until we actually get to the port. He has committed to an excursion in Cork and LeHavre but gets nervous when I want to book anything else. He keeps saying, "We'll see how we feel on the day we are in port." We haven't cruised in a number of years and I think he feels he will have trouble keeping up with an organized tour. He is 78 and just completed cancer treatment last year. I want to make it as easy for him as I can but I would still like to see some of the beautiful Scottish Highlands, if possible at last minute.

I guess I was just hoping a nice person with a reliable car would show up at the pier in hopes of a last minute 4 hour booking. Is that ever a possibility in the port of Invergordon?

You may be better just waiting till you are closer to the time & do a ship's tour if your DH feels up to it

It is sort of an out of the way port stop but you never know....

Does anyone happen to know if there is a possibility of any knowedgeable/reliable/reasonable tour drivers hanging around the port in Invergordon just waiting for last minute 1/2 day booking with a couple who just wants to go into Beauly and to see Loch Ness? What should something like this cost if we can find someone to drive us, say for 4 hours? DH doesn't want to go by train or on a long bus excursion. :oThank you.

Contact Nigel at info@shorexcursions.co.uk . He also has a web site at www.shorexcursions.co.uk. HTH.:)

I was going to suggest Nigel, also, but I don't know if he does half day tours. If he doesn't already have bookings for that day, he probably will. We went on his "Highlands" tour last July and he is great. Good luck with this. If that doesn't work out, I agree that a ship tour is best for you. I would not depend on taxis waiting here.

Archived