Crazy about reading the menus before I cruise

amistad

I think I'm crazy, I love reading the menus and looking at other peoples cruise food pictures before I cruise. Zydecocruiser has a great website with the menus and pictures and I can't seem to keep from looking a month or so before I cruise to see what I think I might order. Silly I know, but it seems to add to my excitement about my upcomming trip. We live in a very small town and don't eat out much, so it is one part of the cruise I really look forward to. Do other Cruisers do this or am I obsessed?

I think I'm crazy, I love reading the menus and looking at other peoples cruise food pictures before I cruise. Zydecocruiser has a great website with the menus and pictures and I can't seem to keep from looking a month or so before I cruise to see what I think I might order. Silly I know, but it seems to add to my excitement about my upcomming trip. We live in a very small town and don't eat out much, so it is one part of the cruise I really look forward to. Do other Cruisers do this or am I obsessed?

I don't think you're obsessed, you're just excited and there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't listen to other poster! You are NOT OBSESSED!! We are all here for the same reason- to learn more about our cruise and most importantly, Get EXCITED!!

Maybe check the foodies section? Or you google it. Sometimes the fastest way to find what your looking for! ;)

I completely understand where you're coming from. I live in a small town too, so the options for a nice meal away from home are few and far between ~ and well over an hour's drive away. It's fun to see pix of what's on the menus, and read peoples' descriptions of what their meals were like, IMO. Some here may be a little more "jaded" towards cruise food, perhaps because they have easier access to decent restaurants back home, or maybe they just have a lot of cruises under their belt and, thus, the element of surprise at mealtime is no longer there.

Then again, some people just aren't into food at all. (I'm very suspicious of these types :p)

Thanks for understanding about the small town thing, we just don't have much to choose from here so I do look forward to trying things we can't get in our area. I also like the idea of trying things I normally might not order since you aren't paying for each item idividually.

You're obsessed, but there are worse things to be obsessed about.

• 2 months later...

I live in a fairly large town and we eat out often, but I too like to look at the menus before cruises. It helps me make a "game plan" for the cruise. For example, if the third night has a pasta entree that looks particularly interesting, I don't want to order a pasta dish on the second night. I like to mix things up. Also if a particular menu doesn't look very interesting I may eat a larger meal at lunch (I am normally a light lunch eater) and then just order one or two things at dinner.

Yes you are obsessed! But so am I. We have four people going and three of us sat down the other night and picked out our food and we also picked out the food for the forth person! I hope they like the choices we made!!!

Wiz

Yes you are obsessed! But so am I. We have four people going and three of us sat down the other night and picked out our food and we also picked out the food for the forth person! I hope they like the choices we made!!!

Wiz

That cracked me up. Very funny.

I live in a fairly large town and we eat out often, but I too like to look at the menus before cruises. It helps me make a "game plan" for the cruise. For example, if the third night has a pasta entree that looks particularly interesting, I don't want to order a pasta dish on the second night. I like to mix things up. Also if a particular menu doesn't look very interesting I may eat a larger meal at lunch (I am normally a light lunch eater) and then just order one or two things at dinner.

I thought everyone did this. We certainly have. We know exactly what we're going to eat every night of our cruise. Yes, we're getting pretty excited. j

Archived