Favourite Princess Shore Excursion Photo

Hemi001

We have done some very neat shore excursions with Princess...in Bora Bora we were very late getting tendered to shore and our snorkel swim with the sting rays was pushed back so we were still out at sunset. I got several terrific pics but one stood out, our guide at sunset...see attached. The first two are Iceland pics( the Blue Lagoon and Reykjavik)are attached for Hemi001.

Laurel

1028701700_PICT0251edited.jpg.7b313b911c7b2151235e7ea281c6f5dd.jpg

PICT0266.jpg.072a7fe18882cb5adbefa27741098f9d.jpg

872584969_PA060383-Copy.jpg.a6beadb1695ec7d986fc86e7aa5c5043.jpg

What is your favourite/most spectacular Princess Shore Excursion photo? Post it for us and give a brief description of the excrusion.

We have done some very neat shore excursions with Princess...in Bora Bora we were very late getting tendered to shore and our snorkel swim with the sting rays was pushed back so we were still out at sunset. I got several terrific pics but one stood out, our guide at sunset...see attached. The first two are Iceland pics( the Blue Lagoon and Reykjavik)are attached for Hemi001.

Great idea for a thread Ken--thanks for starting it.

Laurel, since you brought up Bora Bora, I'll post one of our favorite pictures from a Princess dive excursion there--this Napolean Wrasse was the size of a small cow. I won't post the picture Leo took of our guide: A certified dive master who was also a lovely French young lady in a thong bikini! :eek:

Napoleon3.jpg.691a29bec8663473084f4e62eb3a22bf.jpg

Yes, I'm the one with the yellow shirt. My friend and I were "back-stay grinders"... we had the responsibility to crank the pulleys that made the main sail move from one side of the boat to the other. Most of the other folks had responsibilities too... although a couple were "iceberg lookouts" :p.

Let me tell you... this was a GREAT excursion. We had the best time. My friend thought he'd be sick, but he had a great time too! The wind that day was very strong and those little boats just fly across the water. We were racing another yacht and go through a course just like the America's Cup. I thought we won, but they said that the USA yacht won the race... sigh. Anyway, I'd encourage anyone to take this excursion in St. Maarten. (We also did the same thing in Cabo San Lucas, but the yachts were much larger and configured differently. But it was a blast!)

I have done this tour as well and would recommend it also. The boats are 12 meters and the race was fun.

Yes, I'm the one with the yellow shirt. My friend and I were "back-stay grinders"... we had the responsibility to crank the pulleys that made the main sail move from one side of the boat to the other. Most of the other folks had responsibilities too... although a couple were "iceberg lookouts" :p.

Let me tell you... this was a GREAT excursion. We had the best time. My friend thought he'd be sick, but he had a great time too! The wind that day was very strong and those little boats just fly across the water. We were racing another yacht and go through a course just like the America's Cup. I thought we won, but they said that the USA yacht won the race... sigh. Anyway, I'd encourage anyone to take this excursion in St. Maarten. (We also did the same thing in Cabo San Lucas, but the yachts were much larger and configured differently. But it was a blast!)

This was our favorite shore excursion, too. I had our picture - we were on the Stares & Stripes- on my desk and everyone who passed it couldn't believe I was on it...Yes, you could see me in the picture. I was a grinder for the jib sail and the race was one of the most exciting things I'd ever done. DH was the non-participating bartender and spent the entire race time hanging on to a three foot knotted rope trying to stay IN the boat. Fantastic! Highly recommended for anyone sailing the Eastern Caribbean.

This wasn't a shore excursion but I have always loved these pictures taken of the Sapphire Princess from a huge ferris wheel next to the dock in Osaka Japan. A different perspective on our favorite Princess ship

SpfromTFWg125.jpg

SpfromTFWj128.jpg

SPfromTFWk131.jpg

SPfromTFWh126.jpg

This wasn't a shore excursion but I have always loved these pictures taken of the Sapphire Princess from a huge ferris wheel next to the dock in Osaka Japan. A different perspective on our favorite Princess ship

I thought only the Coral and Island had those "jet engine" like metal tubes on the top of the ship? Which other ships have them and why? :confused:

I thought only the Coral and Island had those "jet engine" like metal tubes on the top of the ship? Which other ships have them and why? :confused:

It's the Coral/Island sisters and the Diamond/Sapphire sisters. The "nacelles" denote that the ships have a gas turbine engine installed in the funnel. And no, it's not for jet propulsion... :p, the turbine provides additional electricity for the ship and her motors.

Wow!! some great photos, keep them coming.

Laurel - Thanks for the Iceland pics.

RickEk - It's nice to know that I am qualified to go on that excursion, I can spot an iceberg from a mile away.

aplemac - That was a great night shot of the three ships, can you give us any ifo on the camera and settings, I would like to try and shoot some pics like that.

beachyfe - after that swim you should change your log on name to beachyphelps.

How about the view from Sugarloaf Mountain at sunset, it's a great end to a tour of Rio.

AARioNight.jpg

Wow! I live here and...that's a very nice turtle shot!

As you were leaving us that night, this was my view of your departure!

Princess-69.jpg

This is a great photo. I hope you don't mind, but I've copied it to my desktop. Just beautiful...

Archived