Favourite Princess Shore Excursion Photo

Hemi001

What is your favourite/most spectacular Princess Shore Excursion photo? Post it for us and give a brief description of the excursion.

One of mine is:

Punta Arenas, Chile - The Otway Sound Penguin Colony.

We don't get many penguins in Texas so it was a rare treat to see them in the wild. It was one of the most reasonably priced excursions Princess offered on the trip and despite some less than perfect weather it provided what was advertised, penguins up close and lots of them.

This young penguin was just posing, he seemed most anxious for someone to snap his photo.

AAPuntaArenasOttBayPenguin15.jpg

That ice photo is amazing, Pam. That trip of yours always reminds me of Ice Station Zebra, one of my favourite books (but oh, such a dreadful movie version!) -- ever since I read that, I've wanted to see the polar ice pack , although not necessarily as up close as the characters in the book did. Maybe one day . . .

Sandytoes - that sounds like a great excursion, were you able to interact with the turtles at all? I have heard of swimming with the dolphins and they come up to play with you.

Ken

Here are a few of mine taken on a Panama canal cruise in Dec, 2008. In Aruba, a donkey was peeking into a store window; in Costa Rica, we took a boat ride down a river full of crocodiles, and in Guatemala, the Fuego volcano was belching smoke every 15 minutes.

1131690966_Firstphotos091.jpg.4ac54c73633f71bef184141979749e26.jpg

546234201_Firstphotos475.jpg.62e39fe7b3a28d6340a24b73597e6c02.jpg

2037308065_Firstphotos879.jpg.04082a3753f10596a3d3e91ee518eb44.jpg

Sandytoes - that sounds like a great excursion, were you able to interact with the turtles at all? I have heard of swimming with the dolphins and they come up to play with you.

Ken

We were allowed to feed them.

I didn't - my DH did.

If you like to snorkel, I highly recommend you doing this.

Just for FYI, I have never, nor will swim with dolphins that are penned up.

Only in the open sea.

Beachyfe - Great photos, was the crocodile river an interactive swim like Sandytoes' turtles? If so I think I would have to pass on that. Spectacular shot of Fuego, something high up on my list of things to see.

Sandytoes - thanks for the info, it is definately on my list - so much to do... so little time.

MaryPoppinz - nice shot, looks like you were real close to that whale, when I saw one in Alaska a few years back you needed a good pair of binocs to see it.

Thank you. We were fairly close, but I was using my 300mm lens all the way out, too. I was so excited to get the photos in that series that I was shaking....which does not really make for great pictures. Especially with that lens. :)

Pam - Do you think it might be something to do with the HAL ships, this is from our visit to Hubbard Glacier on the Ryndam, looks almost like yours except for the snow. It was very exciting (and noisy) sailing through all that ice, definately one to remember.

AKHubbardGlacierRyndam.jpg

RickEk - great photo and an unusual shore excursion, my first thought was that I hope there was room on board for someone to drive that boat, it looks kind of crowded. Where you in the boat? if so what was it like?

My all time favorite excursion I booked directly with Princess

has to be swimming with Sea Turtles in Barbados

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Wow! I live here and...that's a very nice turtle shot!

As you were leaving us that night, this was my view of your departure!

Princess-69.jpg

If you're on Facebook, this might interest you..!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132093095789

It's my Swimming with the Turtles group!!

What is your favourite/most spectacular Princess Shore Excursion photo? Post it for us and give a brief description of the excursion.

One of mine is:

Punta Arenas, Chile - The Otway Sound Penguin Colony.

We don't get many penguins in Texas so it was a rare treat to see them in the wild. It was one of the most reasonably priced excursions Princess offered on the trip and despite some less than perfect weather it provided what was advertised, penguins up close and lots of them.

This young penguin was just posing, he seemed most anxious for someone to snap his photo.

AAPuntaArenasOttBayPenguin15.jpg

The whale excursion we took in Alaska in 2007 on Sapphire was THE BEST! Two hump back whales breeched in front of the tour boat - then stayed with us for 50 mins! The captain couldn't leave (like he's supposed to) because the whales were swimming back and forth under the boat.

365205409_AlaskaCruise097.jpg.960aa222144c43f5c87957e80adc1a16.jpg

Pam - Do you think it might be something to do with the HAL ships, this is from our visit to Hubbard Glacier on the Ryndam, looks almost like yours except for the snow. It was very exciting (and noisy) sailing through all that ice, definately one to remember.
Not sure. :) I know that the Prinsendam is reinforced, not an ice breaker but stronger than the usual ship; the Amsterdam isn't. I have some great photos of my Amsterdam cruise in Antarctica where we followed the small, specialty ships and went everywhere they did. The only thing we didn't/couldn't do was land passengers.

RickEk - great photo and an unusual shore excursion, my first thought was that I hope there was room on board for someone to drive that boat, it looks kind of crowded. Where you in the boat? if so what was it like?

Yes, I'm the one with the yellow shirt. My friend and I were "back-stay grinders"... we had the responsibility to crank the pulleys that made the main sail move from one side of the boat to the other. Most of the other folks had responsibilities too... although a couple were "iceberg lookouts" :p.

Let me tell you... this was a GREAT excursion. We had the best time. My friend thought he'd be sick, but he had a great time too! The wind that day was very strong and those little boats just fly across the water. We were racing another yacht and go through a course just like the America's Cup. I thought we won, but they said that the USA yacht won the race... sigh. Anyway, I'd encourage anyone to take this excursion in St. Maarten. (We also did the same thing in Cabo San Lucas, but the yachts were much larger and configured differently. But it was a blast!)

Archived