Board Games - Ruby Princess

fridaythecat.u.k.

Hi everyone

I have searched the boards for the answer to my question, but the relevant posts are a couple of years old and don't mention the Ruby.

I am addicted to Backgammon and my DH loves chess (although he has to re-teach me to play it every time we try to play as I forget all the rules :eek:).

Anyways, does the Ruby have backgammon and/or chess boards available for everyone to play? Are they in the library? If so, do people take them out for their own use at the start of the cruise? I normally play on my laptop, but don't think I will be schlepping it with me for the cruise, so do you think I'd be better off buying a "travel" board to play? :confused:

Sorry for all the questions - just a curious newbie :D But I know that you guys out there will as be knowledgeable as ever :)

Hi everyone

I have searched the boards for the answer to my question, but the relevant posts are a couple of years old and don't mention the Ruby.

I am addicted to Backgammon and my DH loves chess (although he has to re-teach me to play it every time we try to play as I forget all the rules :eek:).

Anyways, does the Ruby have backgammon and/or chess boards available for everyone to play? Are they in the library? If so, do people take them out for their own use at the start of the cruise? I normally play on my laptop, but don't think I will be schlepping it with me for the cruise, so do you think I'd be better off buying a "travel" board to play? :confused:

Sorry for all the questions - just a curious newbie :D But I know that you guys out there will as be knowledgeable as ever :)

Yes they were in the library on our Ruby cruise to be checked out.

Thanks, Colo! Did you have to get there early, or did they have a few boards?

They had a few but remember that was on the inaugural in Nov so I hope they have kept up the stock. ;)

I would get there early just in case, I am sure the demand is so different on each cruise.

Archived