HAL Mexican Riveria Debark San Diego Help with Flight Time

marcyjane

Need you cruise critic members help.

Would 11:00 AM flight be to early.

Ship is to Debark in San Diego should be off ship by 9:00AM ? I understand that the airport in San Diego is just about 15 minutes away from cruise terminal.

Can we make that 11:00AM Flight???

It's a non-stop December 12th with southwest that's way we would like to try for this flight.

I also posted on Mexican Riveria board as well, cause I need to go ahead and make our reservations asap.

Thanks so much for any help and advice

Marcy

We were on the Ryndam Mexican cruise and there was a hang up in having the ship cleared in San Diego. The delay was about an hour so we did not get off till about 10. Made our 1PM SWA flight easily, 11 would have been very hard. I figure life is too short to try to rush things.

Thanks for the quick responses.

One other question, when I went to book the flights.

If I understand the new law your ID has to match your name in which you booked in.

Southwest does not a space for Middle Name or Middle Int., just First and Last Name.

I called and they said they were working on changing the website to add Middle Name, Int., but didn't know how long it would take. I ask it they were sure we would get to board or would we be allowed to go back in and add Middle Name or Middle int. later. She didn't know.,

but said we would be able to board as the airports where they fly in and out of are aware of the website with NO middle Name.

What do you guys think, should I book or wait?

Thanks,

Sherry

When you make your booking, can you enter your first and middle name in the spot for first name? That way, your record and ticket would show something like Smith, Jane Marie (with Jane Marie being the name you showed for your first name).

The above assumes your legal ID shows full first, middle, last name. If your ID shows a middle initial only, perhaps you can enter in the first name spot Jane M. and your record and ticket will reflect smith, Jane M.

Yes they opened booking today as above post said.

Thanks camp 637, I just did that. Thanks.

Hope we make the 11:10AM, non-stop, with it being December other flights (1) one stops flights were where possible Snow might be. Yikes!!!

Thanks for all your quick help!!!

As always my cruise critic family is there for me.:D

Thanks again,

Marcy

I live in San Diego and have flown Southwest plenty of times. The airport is very close to the terminals, Southwest is the first airline when you enter the airport, and they are pretty laid-back. However, they do not wait for people. Is there any way you can get preference to get off early. If you can be off by 9:00 or even 9:30 you will be fine. Last time we disembarked at San Diego there was no problem.

I live in San Diego and have flown Southwest plenty of times. The airport is very close to the terminals, Southwest is the first airline when you enter the airport, and they are pretty laid-back. However, they do not wait for people. Is there any way you can get preference to get off early. If you can be off by 9:00 or even 9:30 you will be fine. Last time we disembarked at San Diego there was no problem.

Self disembarkation would be the best option.

Need you cruise critic members help.

Would 11:00 AM flight be to early.

Ship is to Debark in San Diego should be off ship by 9:00AM ? I understand that the airport in San Diego is just about 15 minutes away from cruise terminal.

Can we make that 11:00AM Flight???

It's a non-stop December 12th with southwest that's way we would like to try for this flight.

I also posted on Mexican Riveria board as well, cause I need to go ahead and make our reservations asap.

Thanks so much for any help and advice

Marcy

I say you can make 11 am with no problem, as the airport is really closer then 10 mins from the cruise dock.

The San Diego airport is visible from the ship. Just a short taxi ride. However, on our last cruise out of/into San Diego last Fall, we were not cleared to disembark until almost 10:30 because of foreign nationals aboard. It was really trying and worrisome but we made a noon flight OK. ----Penny

Hi There! San Diego native here!

The cruise terminal is less than 2 miles from the airport. So, getting to the airport will be a snap. However, you will need proper time to disembark, get your bags and find a taxi(s) that can hold your group.

Also, San Diego airport occasionally has long check in and security lines. I would suggest that you check in online from the ship the night before and print out your boarding cards ahead of time. That will help a lot.

I would think that making an 11:10 flight is doable as long as there are no other hiccups. Otherwise, you might be cutting it a bit close.

Best of luck and safe travels! :)

From another who lives here in SanDiego, I think it is misleading you to say that the airport is only 10-15minutes from the cruise terminal; that is certainly true, but what they fail to tell you(with the exception of a couple of fliers, like me) is that the check-in lines can and do get very long at times and mid-morning is one of those times.

For your sake, I hope you make the flight you have booked, but I would not be surprised if you dont. There are too many unknown quantities here, one of which is a delay by customs/immigration in getting the ship cleared so that passengers can disembark. We have been on cruises that docked here before 7am but the first passengers were not able to get off until almost 10am:)

I'm on the same cruise and flying back to Cleveland, OH. I honestly felt that the return flights leaving San Diego around 11:00 am could be cutting it too close for comfort, too.

I've found baggage check-in lines and security lines to be outrageously long at CA airports--nothing like the notoriously short lines we seem to have here in OH.

We've decided that the better part of valor--and for our own sanity--we'll check into the Holiday Inn across from the cruise terminal and go out on an early morning SW flight. This also allows us to take a plane with a stop in Las Vegas, rather than Chicago, and hopefully skirt any weather issues, too.

Best of luck with your planning.

This is the first flight we've made that early. I've always booked after 12:00 noon.

Once we were at the airport by 10:00 am, I know that don't always happend returning to Seattle from Alaska.

Our New York to Canada cruise we just did make a 1:00 pm flight.

Well if we make it great if not I'm not going to panic or worry. There's a afternoon flight if not full we might can get the same day. Of course extra fee for change in flight. And if that don't work will get the next morning non-stop back to Nashville again if not full.

Hopefully one way or the other will get home by Sunday for work Monday.

Thanks to all

Marcy

Archived