First Back to Back Cruise: Have Questions

DH and I will be doing our first B2B cruise next summer. We are sailing on the Serenade August 8th and also on the August 15th sailings out of San Juan. We are very curious as to what will happen on the disembarkment day for the first leg of the trip. Will we have to get off of the ship? Will we be allowed to stay in our room that morning (we are planning on having the same room both weeks)? Will we get to do any special activities on that day? We are just curious what others have experienced. We are thrilled to have this opportunity and cannot wait to hear from other cruisers!

we have done B2B several times, once on RCL, the Mariner out of PC. i met my wife for the third leg so i was not on the boat during cross over, but she tells me they gathered them together in one of the lounges and then walked them off and right back on. you could stay in your cabin if you had the same one. if you were getting a new cabin they moved your stuff for you. i don't reccomend changing cabins because packing is a drag and should be done only once. i don't recall any activities. i think it depends on teh amunt of people going B2B. have fun

We just came back from a B2B on the Adventure out of San Juan. This was our 2nd B2B out of San Juan.

Each had a different set up! The most recent June 7thru21, we received a letter in our cabin the last nite of the 1st leg, instructing us to go to the pursor's desk between 8:30 and 10:30 am and pick up our New Sea Pass cards. Inside the letter were travel cards which had typed on them In Transit Adventure Of The Seas.

Our pics and credit card info was already attached to the new Sea Pass Cards ( transferred all the same info from the prior weeks card, except they closed out the charge account, but kept the same credit card number).

Our cabin steward allowed us to sleep in as long as we wanted to, and also we were allowed back into the cabin thoughout the entire day! Luggage stays in the cabin unless you are switvhing cabins. They were crew on the decks and the firedoors were closed, but by showing our intransit cards it wasn't a problem.

You could get off the Ship if you wanted to and use the Intransit Card to Bypass the New Pax's that were boarding for our 2nd leg.

The Windjammer is open for breakfast until 9am, then opens for lunch at 12 noon. No Special Activities on the Ship, but you receive an excursion paper on what is available in San Juan.

Other B2B in June 2006 on the Adventure..........

Got the letter the nite before to meet in a longe at 10am. No INTransit Cards were given out, you had the option to get off the ship at that time, while some of the crew were getting off to do onshore things, or stay onboard.

Your Sea Pass Card was given to you at that time but Did NOT have your pic attached to it, if you choose to stay onboard, you had your pic taken on the 1st port you embarked at. It was difficult getting back into your cabin after you left in the morning, unless you new how to open the firedoors.

It is great to be on the Ship and know that you have another week to go! Have your luggage already, but your time finally comes when you have to leave too!:(

Have A Great Cruise.

Thank you so much for the replies! I am looking forward to this, even though it is over a year away! I hope things will go smoothly, and I am especially looking forward to knowing that while most people are getting off the ship, I will have another week to go!

Archived