How crowded will the Freedom be (11/15/09)?

After changing our cruise plans a few times, I believe we have decided on the 11/15/09 sailing of the Freedom. There are 8 of us going so far... Does anyone know how crowded it will be? Doesn't really matter, just curious... :p We have been in December and January, but not November... It's been a few years since we have cruised and there are a couple of newbies coming with us this time. We are very excited!!!

Also, what do you think the chances are that we will get an upsale call (we are getting an Oceanview, but love balconies, just don't want to pay an extra $130/pp for it)?

Thanks!

After changing our cruise plans a few times, I believe we have decided on the 11/15/09 sailing of the Freedom. There are 8 of us going so far... Does anyone know how crowded it will be? Doesn't really matter, just curious... :p We have been in December and January, but not November... It's been a few years since we have cruised and there are a couple of newbies coming with us this time. We are very excited!!!

Also, what do you think the chances are that we will get an upsale call (we are getting an Oceanview, but love balconies, just don't want to pay an extra $130/pp for it)?

Thanks!

Most of the time Carnival ships sail full so I would plan on that. I think you have to get real lucky to get the upsell call and I have never beenthat lucky

Guest Capacity - 2,974 + Crew - 1,150 = you do the math.

I'm not stupid. I know the capacity of the ship. Why even post if you are just going to post a smart comment like that? In case you haven't noticed, there are times when the ship is more crowded and times when it is not. I am asking people that have a genuine answer, not something I can look up on Carnival's website!!!

Thanks!

Carnival ships almost always sail "full", so there are the same number of passengers on every cruise. :confused: And not sure about your claim that sometimes there are more people than other times. Carnival ships do sail full almost every single time. And besides that, none of us would know at this point about a November cruise.

Have no idea if you will get an upsell call as my crystal ball is out being repaired. :rolleyes:

Sorry OP, but when you ask questions that none of us could possibly have an accurate answer for, you open yourself to some replies you might not like.

I'm not stupid. I know the capacity of the ship. Why even post if you are just going to post a smart comment like that? In case you haven't noticed, there are times when the ship is more crowded and times when it is not. I am asking people that have a genuine answer, not something I can look up on Carnival's website!!!

Lighten up. You getting basicaly the same answer from everone. You would be surprised how many people who post here don't have a clue how to even find the Carnival site.

Thanks!

To another Vols fan, I really would expect it to be similar to your December and January dates since kids are in school. At least you will only miss the Vanderbilt game.

Ships are always full, that is the only way the cruise line can maximize revenue.

Generally, the bigger the ship, the more people you will find in line at the buffet, etc. That's one of the advantages (along with price) in sailing some of the smaller, older ships.

If you don't mind a few times where you feel like it is Saturday at the mall, then you'll be fine.

If you hit the buffet during off-peak times, it is not bad at all.

Just got back from the Carnival Splendor 6/14/09 - originally "Mexican Riviera" that got rerouted to Canada.

At double occupancy the ship is to hold 3,006 - yet, supposed we had 3,600 passengers on that trip according to the cruise director! I think that they sold so many "deals" at $199 or $299 due to cancellations, that many rooms had at least 4 people in them. This was probably unusual, but it happens.

Anyway .... I have to admit that the food lines on the Lido were very crowded and there did seem to be a lot of people on board.

As others have stated in general, ships sail at full capacity (thanks to last minute Sales by the cruiseline to assure that ship is full !) year round....

But when you ask a question that no one can really answer accurately, you will get those responses that you feel are inappropriate or "snarky".....You said yourself it really didn't matter !

Just go have a great cruise and rest assured that ship will be full of passengers just like you that probably were asking the same question :rolleyes:

As for an upgrade call..... how would we know if they will call you ??? If you want a balcony pay for a balcony or you may again be disappointed if you don't get that upgrade call !

Sounds like you want an answer that no one can provide and this dissapoints you.

Well, I have heard from many various sources that some cruises are in fact less crowded... Not sure if there are less of the 4 people per cabin type deals (Mom, Dad, and 2 kids per room in comparison to mostly couples, so 2 people per room) or what. I asked the question hoping that people who sailed at the same time would have an idea of how crowded it was. I know you can't tell the future (about a November cruise), but again, just hoping someone who has gone at this time would have an idea.

I'm not worried about the upsale call anymore, we went ahead and got the 8E Balcony. Again, I wasn't asking anyone to tell the future, just curious how often the upsale calls occur lately.

Carnival ships almost always sail "full", so there are the same number of passengers on every cruise. :confused: And not sure about your claim that sometimes there are more people than other times. Carnival ships do sail full almost every single time. And besides that, none of us would know at this point about a November cruise.

Have no idea if you will get an upsell call as my crystal ball is out being repaired. :rolleyes:

Sorry OP, but when you ask questions that none of us could possibly have an accurate answer for, you open yourself to some replies you might not like.

Amen to that! If it was Florida or Alabama I may be rescheduling!

Thanks to all of you who replied. Not trying to be touchy, I just think people should not post anything at all if it's not helpful.

To another Vols fan, I really would expect it to be similar to your December and January dates since kids are in school. At least you will only miss the Vanderbilt game.

Well, I have heard from many various sources that some cruises are in fact less crowded... Not sure if there are less of the 4 people per cabin type deals (Mom, Dad, and 2 kids per room in comparison to mostly couples, so 2 people per room) or what. I asked the question hoping that people who sailed at the same time would have an idea of how crowded it was. I know you can't tell the future (about a November cruise), but again, just hoping someone who has gone at this time would have an idea.

I'm not worried about the upsale call anymore, we went ahead and got the 8E Balcony. Again, I wasn't asking anyone to tell the future, just curious how often the upsale calls occur lately.

KonasMom,

I know it is hard to say sometimes. I get why you asked. Just like if you go to Disney or somewhere, certain times of the year are less crowded. Why people can't answer if they know the answer and do nothing if they just have snide comments, is beyond me. I personally can't answer for you either way bc I have not cruised in Nov yet or gotten an upsell call. Just wanted you to know that some of us out there understand why you ask and again as it should be "NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION!!"

Good luck and have fun on your cruise. We love the balconies also.:)

The smaller the ship, the smaller the number of passengers, the less lines. With 3000+ passengers on board and one buffet area, it will be crowded if the ship is sold out (and most are). When I cruised CCL, there were generally lines. They do a good job of moving people along, but you will have issues with lack of chairs, lines and needing to get to the theatre early if you want a decent seat. If crowds are a concern, choose a smaller ship. We sailed Disney--2000+ passengers. Few lines, never a problem at the only buffet.

All carnival ships sail full. You will have 4124 people on board.

Please understand that full and maximum capacity are not the same. A full ship is based on the number of cabins times 2. A ship at capacity is the total number of passengers that can be carried by law. Often the numbers are very different. Full might be 2000 and maximum capacity could be 2500, as you can see that is 25% more which is a big difference.

There is a roll call for this sailing. There weren't many replies so it was archived...anyway, I just posted to it today, so it appears in roll call and you can go there and post that you will be on the ship.

Hopefully, others that are sailing will also post on the roll call board. As of now, it looks like we have the entire ship to ourselves. LOL!:rolleyes::p

We sailed on the Freedom over Thanksgiving Week last year and it was a nice cruise.

I generally try to avoid Thanksgiving (usually a lot of kids) but that was not the case on this cruise.

Yes, Carnival ships generally do sail full, but that is only based on two people per cabin.

I have found that November cruises (when school is in session) has an older crowd....hence not as many 3rd and 4th slots filled....which does mean a smaller "crowd".

Thanks for the response! :p

We sailed on the Freedom over Thanksgiving Week last year and it was a nice cruise.

I generally try to avoid Thanksgiving (usually a lot of kids) but that was not the case on this cruise.

Yes, Carnival ships generally do sail full, but that is only based on two people per cabin.

I have found that November cruises (when school is in session) has an older crowd....hence not as many 3rd and 4th slots filled....which does mean a smaller "crowd".

Archived