If it's not really my birthday, can I get a cake and a song?

BluesCruise

I want to take a solo Mediterranean cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday in September 2010. Looking at the available itineraries that would include my birthday, I feel limited in my choices. If I were to cruise a month before or after my actual birthday, would the cruiseline (hopefully Celebrity) grant me a cake and song during my cruise, or would they be sticklers about the date?

I think Princess will do it if your birthday is not more than a month before or a month after your cruise.

If all else fails, pick a date and tell your waiter that that is your birthday. They are not going to quibble over a cake.

On the last night of our most recent cruise there were more "Happy Birthday's" and "Happy Anniversary"s" being sung than you can imagine......We lost count and it became quite comical. There is no way all were legit, so go for it and enjoy!

Ya think?

I don't turn 50 everyday, so if I decide to treat myself to a special cruise for that milestone, and I want to CELEBRATE that milestone with others...It's my party!

I agree with you..do what you want...and don't let others rain on your parade....enjoy yourself

Cruise ships loved happy people and celebrations! I celebrated my late mother's 100th birthday on a cruise. Very nice memories even though she passed away years before. Rather than be sad by myself about the date, I had a very nice time. Why not?

"I don't turn 50 everyday, so if I decide to treat myself to a special cruise for that milestone, and I want to CELEBRATE that milestone with others...It's my party"

if its not your birthday we are paying for the cake you don't deserve and listening to a waiter sing happy bd to you while waiting for our dessert. pay the 10-25$? or book on your birthday.

if its not your birthday we are paying for the cake you don't deserve and listening to a waiter sing happy bd to you while waiting for our dessert. pay the 10-25$? or book on your birthday.

I do deserve a cake, because it's the day I have chosen to celebrate my birthday. It's not like I cruise several times a year and celebrate my birthday on every cruise. I don't see why it matters TO YOU, since you don't know if it's my actual birthday or not. You can just sit and be grumpy and listen to one more song. Sheesh.

Heck, now that I know it will irritate the crankypants crowd, I'll definitely do it.

I just got off a Celebrity cruise, first seating, and every single night there were at least 7 birthdays, at most 15. And that was just first seating.

Do whatever you want and don't let anyone pee on your plans. This website, and the internet as a whole, has posters who enjoy the ability to insult you with no consequences.

I do deserve a cake, because it's the day I have chosen to celebrate my birthday. It's not like I cruise several times a year and celebrate my birthday on every cruise. I don't see why it matters TO YOU, since you don't know if it's my actual birthday or not. You can just sit and be grumpy and listen to one more song. Sheesh.

Heck, now that I know it will irritate the crankypants crowd, I'll definitely do it.

As I said before...enjoy yourself...some people are not happy unless they can cause misery....and how the hell will they ever know if it is the actual date or not...sometimes you can not plan a trip and birthday to fall on the same date, and have to do what is convenient for you

"I don't turn 50 everyday, so if I decide to treat myself to a special cruise for that milestone, and I want to CELEBRATE that milestone with others...It's my party"

And a great big order of lemons for you...lol

We went on our cruise a couple weeks AFTER our 25th anniversary, but the main occasion for the cruise was to celebrate our anniversary, and we told our TA that, who passed along the info to the cruise lines upon booking. They sang to us and gave us a small cake in the dining room, and I didn't feel guilty at all about the date, because we were on the cruise to celebrate our anniversary.

Let them celebrate. The cake is probably cheaper than the fancy desert they would have had.

I'm doing a cruise next Feb with 13 other ladies. It started out as a big way to celebrate my 60th birthday. Well, there are 5 of us turning 60 between this June and August of 2010 so we're considering it a birthday cruise for all of us. I am planning to order 2 cakes for one of the evenings when we'll all be together for dinner. Didn't know that Carnival would pick up the tab for a birthday celebration! Actually, from everything I've read on these boards, I'd prefer the chocolate melting cake anyway (hope it's as good as the one I make)!:D

Let them celebrate. The cake is probably cheaper than the fancy desert they would have had.

You can say that again. On a cruise the "birthday cake" was 4 pieces of chocalate cake for the 4 of us at the table. I ordered a desert, as I don't like choc cake (with a few exceptions by VERY good bakers).

On our first and only cruise there were birthday and/or anniversary celebrations every night. I told our waiter, it is my birthday too. He said, if it is they already know. If you leave the coutry you have to show them your passport. I guess that is how Cunard knows your birthday.

Have your cake today, folks. You never know how long you have to live. Look at Farrah and Michael.

Yes, I agree with you. Four years ago I had cancer. I am going to live like tomorow is my last day.

We are waiting to book 2011 world cruise on QM2.

Live-Laugh-Love

M

[quote=muttley;20122020

Maybe it's not the ACTUAL date but it's close enough.:p

Are you saying that if the OP pays for the cake, then it's OK? :rolleyes:

Archived