Getting to Port Canaveral

CAliSunChaser

We are booked for the Dream on Dec 3rd and are coming from Calif. Is the best way to get there flying into Orlando and renting a car? What would be some other options? First time for this port and the air prices to Orlando are a little scary! Thanks!

We are booked for the Dream on Dec 3rd and are coming from Calif. Is the best way to get there flying into Orlando and renting a car? What would be some other options? First time for this port and the air prices to Orlando are a little scary! Thanks!

Thats what we did. BUT we flew in 2 days early and also toured Cape Canaveral Space Center. Really enjoyed that!

On the way back was NO problem. Walked off ship to waiting Courtesy van that took us to Enterprise Car Rental and off we went to Orlando. Picked up courtesy van there and to airport in plenty of time.

Enjoy!!!

There are shuttles that you can take from the airport to the pier. See what's cheaper and easier to do. Rent a car, pay for parking it for a week OR taking a shuttle each way.

If you drive, be prepared to pay a TON in tolls going there. Back in '94 when we cruised from there we paid at least $13 in tolls each way. I'm sure the cost has gone up considerably since then.

Rent a car, pay for parking it for a week OR taking a shuttle each way.

Why in heaven's name would you rent a car for a week and pay to park it while on your cruise? Rent a car for one day, return it , rent a car day you return and then return that one.

The tolls are not anywhere near that high.Like the other poster said less than 2 dollars. I would suggest getting two one way rental cars. Car rentals in Fl are really cheap and there are no drop off fees. No reason to pay parking at 15 dollars a day and the car rental price. I like having a car because then I am not waiting on others and can do what I want when I want. The only rental car co that doesn't do one way rental is enterprise. Have a great cruise. Cindy

thanks for the speedy replies. We would definately not rent the car for the week then pay to park it - that would cut into the DOD fund way too much! I think the Space Center tour would be great fun, so thanks for the idea! GUess I will bite the bullet and pay the airfare.

Renting a car one way is very reasonable, check out mousesavers.com for some great rental car discount codes.

We use Avis, you can check out their site and reserve without using a credit card which is nice especially if you find another rate cheaper. Their location is right by the port and they offer a free shuttle. If you go this route definitely reserve a car, when we were there this past Oct there were no rentals available without a reservation. For transportation back to MCO we used Cocoa Beach Shuttle, if you mention CC they offer a 10% discount :)

There are shuttles that you can take from the airport to the pier. See what's cheaper and easier to do. Rent a car, pay for parking it for a week OR taking a shuttle each way.

If you drive, be prepared to pay a TON in tolls going there. Back in '94 when we cruised from there we paid at least $13 in tolls each way. I'm sure the cost has gone up considerably since then.

Only 1 toll from the airport to PC $1.50

thanks for the speedy replies. We would definately not rent the car for the week then pay to park it - that would cut into the DOD fund way too much! I think the Space Center tour would be great fun, so thanks for the idea! GUess I will bite the bullet and pay the airfare.

Coming in from CA I would come early. Flight delays etc.

Spend some time on the "I Work in Port Canaveral" thread. All the answers are there.

We are looking at doing a Fly, Snooze and Cruise package. The cheapest I've found so far for 5 people is with Best Western Airport in Orlando and Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach. They are $350-$480 for all 5 of us roundtrip to/from airport, stay the night at the hotel and roundtrip to/from the cruise ship. I thought this was a pretty good deal anyway.

Archived