Before I bother my PVP, maybe you can answer???

Thanks for both responses. I decided to call my PVP and here is what I got.

Firefly, you are correct. Since I am on Early Saver, if the price showing now is lower, I get that price. Doesn't matter if its a new booking or not. My PVP (who is wonderful by the way) looked for me and said that my fare is still lower, even with the OBC they are offering now, so it would not benefit me and I won't be able to upgrade.

Its fine with me (I am VERY happy with the rate I paid). I have been able to take advantage of the of the ES rates and have been upgraded and have a nice little OBC awaiting me when I board.

ES is not all bad. On the same summer promotion they had a "book at 8A price get upgraded to 8G and get $100 pp OBC".

I had an ES 8G already booked on the Splendor. The 8A was $30 more pp. I paid the $30 more and received the $100 OBC for the same cabin. I netted $140 - which happens to be the exact amount of the tips. Not a bad deal at all. I submitted the form about 7:00PM, their response was in my inbox when I cam in the next morning.

Thanks for both responses. I decided to call my PVP and here is what I got.

Firefly, you are correct. Since I am on Early Saver, if the price showing now is lower, I get that price. Doesn't matter if its a new booking or not. My PVP (who is wonderful by the way) looked for me and said that my fare is still lower, even with the OBC they are offering now, so it would not benefit me and I won't be able to upgrade.

Its fine with me (I am VERY happy with the rate I paid). I have been able to take advantage of the of the ES rates and have been upgraded and have a nice little OBC awaiting me when I board.

We were able to do this. Called the PVP and the price was still the same for the 6C with an upgrade to 6E so we just swapped rooms at first she said we would have to pay $50 but we told her the diff was from our welcome back and we didn't have to pay anything. I love ES.....Can't wait ot look out my big window out at the ocean....

We are booked on Early Saver (I love it!). With the current sale going on, they offer upgrades (6A to 6E). We are currently in a 6B. Can I request an upgrade?

Thanks in advance!!

Of course you can ask!

I have no idea what your chances are but the worst that happens is that they say no.

We were able to do this. Called the PVP and the price was still the same for the 6C with an upgrade to 6E so we just swapped rooms at first she said we would have to pay $50 but we told her the diff was from our welcome back and we didn't have to pay anything. I love ES.....Can't wait ot look out my big window out at the ocean....

Since we got such a great deal already, there wasn't much he could do, but again.. that is quite alright.

We took this same ship 2 years ago (4 days vs. 5 days this time) and are paying about $400 LESS by taking advantage of the ES fares and sales!! I know some folks don't like ES, but I DO!!!!

OK what sale? I never get any emails about this stuff.

Bill

Bill, If you go to specials and click on past guest some sailing have free upgrades. It doesn't show up on the regular itinery screen. Use the drop down menu for funships under specials then put in the info for your cruise you are looking at on the right side of the screen. But like I said not all sailing have this special.

Hope that helps.

Bill, If you go to specials and click on past guest some sailing have free upgrades. It doesn't show up on the regular itinery screen. Use the drop down menu for funships under specials then put in the info for your cruise you are looking at on the right side of the screen. But like I said not all sailing have this special.

Hope that helps.

Yes it does help and thank you. After all the cruises I have been on with CCL I must say that their website is the most user unfriendly I have ever seen.

Bill

Archived