First Time Cruisers

paul.f21

We are a looking to go on a cruise for the first time, we have a daughter of age 5, does anybody have any suggestions as to what type of cruise we should be looking at for 2010? what are good rates for a med cruise/ canary islands & morocco approx 10 nights? have anybody got any tips?:confused:

Hi Paul

It depends I think on how much you want to spend. The average cost for a week on the Island Escape the only ship left here as part of the Island Cruises brand. Is about £700 all inclusive.

You might get her slightly cheaper if you find a bargain in the Travel agent's window.

She will be doing 7 night Canary Islands cruises till April when she goes to the Med for the summer.

You don't get many 10 night cruises unless you go with say Royal Caribbean and they do 10 night Canary Islands but sailing from Southampton on Independence of the seas.

Then in our opiniion you waste 3 days cruising down across the Bay of Biscay when you could have flown down to catch the Island Escape in Tenerife in 4 hours.

Berwyn

PS don't forget you get the free All Inclusive on drinks on Thomsons if you book early and you won't get that with Royal Caribbean and beer with them is £5 a pint!!!!

PS

Right at the end of April next year Island Escape does a longer cruise than 7 nights as she repositions back from Canaries back to Palma for the Summer in the Med. It's called Atlantic Sunrise and you can get prices off Thomsons website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My husband and I are also wanting to try cruising for the first time for our 30th wedding anniversary. We are thinking about Island Escape to the Canaries at the end of November as we know we will get some decent weather.

We normally go to Tenerife about 3 times a year and in fact are going in October for a week.

We were thinking about a balcony cabin for our special occasion but after reading a few comments on the forum wonder if its worth it? Would a premier cabin be better? We also want to take advantage of the A.I deal and think this will suit us.

As we know the Canaries the only organised trip we would want to do is the Morrocco one.

Some members talk about getting free upgrades?? Any advice on this also would be greatly appreciated.

We have just booked Island Escape after a long look around and we got an inside cabin as we wanted to have the beds together as a double. I shopped around and managed to get a week from November FRIDAY 13th !

I looked at http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/3480-Island_Escape-Island_Escape_Cruise_Ship-Holiday-Review.html for other reviews and there are some bad ones but most people seem to have enjoyed themselves.

We paid £499 each for the Island escape - Colourful Coasts and the Thomson travel agent who we booked with matched the web price and had been on the cruise liner and the cruise package and was going back agian - thats a good compliment.;)

Archived