Baby Soft Feet!

luvtcrz

I'm sure we have all had the same problem; dry, cracked heels. In preparation for my August, Mexican Riviera cruise. I am trying to find THE BEST way to get those soft, smooth feet. I have tried several different pedicure files and scrubs. None seem to really do the trick. Let me know what works for you.

Thanks, Natalie

I bought a cheap "emory" board at Wal-mart--2 sided, one coarse, one not so coarse. Then, after I "file", I use Neutrogena Foot Cream...works WONDERS! My feet look like a child's, now! Do it every night before bed---you don't want to walk on carpet or floors after you've applied the cream.

I bought a cheap "emory" board at Wal-mart--2 sided, one coarse, one not so coarse. Then, after I "file", I use Neutrogena Foot Cream...works WONDERS! My feet look like a child's, now! Do it every night before bed---you don't want to walk on carpet or floors after you've applied the cream.

Would it work just as well if I sleep with socks on? I have a one year old who still needs a bottle at night so I do get up and roam sometimes in the night. I don't want to ruin the carpet.

I've had a lot of luck with the Heel of Approval from Bath & Body works. I just soak/file my feet and then cover my feet in it and put on my crocheted socks (which can look a little silly - but it works) Then when I wake up.... girly feet again! Yeah!

I also have a bad habit of leaning on my elbows, so they get pretty knarly too -- this stuff will take of that too.

Crocheted socks sound awesome. I live in Mesa, AZ. It is HOT here in the summer, and wearing socks to bed is to say the least very uncomfortable. The crocheted sock thing may make it a little easier for your footies to breathe in.

I've found that using my Ped Egg after I shower, followed by a good moisturizer works wonders. I often put some lotion on before I do to bed too. My biggest problem is that with such wide feet, I get callouses quite badly on my baby toes. :-( Those too respond well to the Ped Egg and moisturizer.

One of the very few Avon products I use is the cracked heel therapy, I use it every morning.

I sometimes see women with their heels hanging off the back of sandals or flip flops. Make sure your shoes fit properly, don't go barefoot and you may find your heels don't crack nearly as much.

Regular pedis really keep down the cracked heels as well. I keep a standing appointment every 4 weeks year round so the dry skin doesn't get a chance to build up.

I can't sleep with socks on, but I keep slippers in case I have to walk before the cream has a chance to "dissipate"! You just don't want to work lotions or creams into carpet---it will cause soil to stick like glue!

Crocheted socks sound awesome. I live in Mesa, AZ. It is HOT here in the summer, and wearing socks to bed is to say the least very uncomfortable. The crocheted sock thing may make it a little easier for your footies to breathe in.

I am in AZ too. I was advised by my nail tech not to use emery for filing because of the dry air in Az the cracked heels will respond better to pumice. I always slather my feet with a shea butter product and wear socks around the house and to bed. Bath and Body works body butter products smell delish and contain shea and jojoba butters.....I love the sensual amber and the pomegranate.

Natalie- I have the same problem even with regular pedicures. We recently returned from Alaska where I stopped again at Glacier Smoothie in Juneau. What I got there last year was not doing the trick, so in talking with the owner I came upon a product called "Still A Girl Foot Swirl". It was the the third step of three, but since I did not need the first two products I just bought the one. It is wonderful! So smooth and it will actually soak in to you skin rather than sit on it. I love it and it was only $8.00! They have a website, glaciersmoothie.com. Go to the speacialy products called "Wilderness Woman Foot Rescue". I plan to email them as well and let them know how much I like their cream...

Cheryl

Heel Balm by Flexitrol - the best I have ever found. You can find it in the footcare isle at the drug stores. I use it with socks and works great.

This is a miracle cream. It made a huge difference in just one night. I just rub it all over my feet and put on a pair of footies and great baby feet. I buy mine at Walmart & Target.

One of the very few Avon products I use is the cracked heel therapy.

I use Avon's Cracked Heel product on my hands, too, when I get cracked skin on the pads of my fingers. Works as good as it does on the heels.

I too use Avon cracked heel for my feet. I recently went and had a pedi, she worked on my heels for a long time, and since then I have also been using the Avon sloughing cream. You put it on right after a shower, wait 60 seconds then rub off the dead skin. It doesn't work wonders on my heels, that takes more effort, but it does leave the rest of my feet (and pinkie toes too) feeling wonderfully soft!

This is a miracle cream. It made a huge difference in just one night. I just rub it all over my feet and put on a pair of footies and great baby feet. I buy mine at Walmart & Target.

Heel Balm by Flexitrol - the best I have ever found. You can find it in the footcare isle at the drug stores. I use it with socks and works great.

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll start with the Heel Balm and move on to another if this one doesn't work for me.

Natalie

I love Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Cream. You cna put it on at anytime. It is kind of greasy at first but doesn't take long to soak in. I put it on thicker sometimes at night and wear socks. Also, on flip flop days, you can put some on and it will give the illusion of softer heels.

I also use a pumice stone every few days in the shower.

Regular salon pedicures help too but are not really necessary as you can DIY!

This sounds crazy, but I use Bag Balm (for cows) and it works WONDERS!!! My skin is very sensitive and it doesn't bother me at all. I've bought it out of a farm and garden catalog, but I think someone said it was available in the pet section of wal-mart now!

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll start with the Heel Balm and move on to another if this one doesn't work for me.

Natalie

Natalie - good luck. I think you'll like the Heel Balm. Come back and let us know. Dona

Mr. Tweezerman makes a callous remover, which is basically a blade that shaves away dead skin. Make sure you soak your feet for at least 5 minutes to soften before you use it. You can follow up with a special pumice for smoothing feet. At night, I wear the special moisturizing socks and sometimes apply Bag Balm or other moisturizer. I have frequent spa pedicures at a salon I trust, but only I use the callous remover on my feet. In So. Cal, we were sandals year 'round, so it is important to have good looking feet.

Hi

This is cheap but amazing. Before bed, slather your feet with vaseline, then wrap them with Saran Wrap(any brand will do) and put on socks. You won't believe how soft your feet will be in the morning. CAUTION: Your feet might be slippery in the shower so take care.

Archived