Caribbean Dress

LaPaloma

Now that we no longer have formal nights,except holiday cruises, on Caribbean --for the triplets--I'm guessing for week we will have 3 semi formal (jacket and ties) and 4 casual? Do you think I'm guessing right? Don

We are on the Spirit for Xmas/NY, so we will have at least 1 formal night?. I checked for the month we are on the Odyssey in August and we only have 4 formal nights out of 28 - does this mean I have less of an excuse for shopping?

Jean

we are on the nov 14 odyssey caribbean 14 day cruise, how many formal nights can i expect? in normal circumstances i would expect at least 3 on a 14 day cruise. didnt know there were special rules for the caribbean thanks

we are on the nov 14 odyssey caribbean 14 day cruise, how many formal nights can i expect? in normal circumstances i would expect at least 3 on a 14 day cruise. didnt know there were special rules for the caribbean thanks

There are no more formal nights on Carribean cruises, unless they fall over Christmas and New Year. I assume the same rule applies to Odyssey as it does the triplets.

Host Dan

I just checked the Seabourn website under "already booked" and it says:

Nights with suggested black tie optional attire: 2

Perhaps it is considered a holiday cruise because it is Thanksgiving? Anyways, that makes me very happy :p

Should clarify this is the Odyssey's November 14 maiden Caribbean.

I just checked the Seabourn website under "already booked" and it says:

Nights with suggested black tie optional attire: 2

Perhaps it is considered a holiday cruise because it is Thanksgiving? Anyways, that makes me very happy :p

Should clarify this is the Odyssey's November 14 maiden Caribbean.

Thanks Claudia for the update! I am THRILLED!!

Host Dan

my wife and i are silversea customers and this is the first time on seabourn, i got a little concerned with no formal nights, l hope 'carnivalization' of seabourn was not taking hold, we look forward to formal nights

my wife and i are silversea customers and this is the first time on seabourn, i got a little concerned with no formal nights, l hope 'carnivalization' of seabourn was not taking hold, we look forward to formal nights

It seems strange to me that the Carib. is singled out to go casual. Other parts of the world are Hot weather cruises..and have beaches....WHY??? does this change take place? We have cruised SB for years and Sea Goddess before that..until..they went casual. It seems to me that there is so little elegance in life today, to deny us these formal nights is a shame.

We are going to the Carib in March and will celebrate our 50th aniv...it is very disapointing to have to travel on SB for the first time..CASUAL. Lola:(

You are correct..and I will. On the last SG trip that we were on, many of the regulars were disgruntled about the change. A family of 9 was among those and they came beautifully decked out one night, but the one son..about 30 dressed as a very sexy woman and came on the arm of his brother-in-law. This was a huge surprise to the family and all were amused but the father. It was so funny. The ship's Doctor went around bragging that this was one of his best sex-change successes.:eek:

You are correct..and I will. On the last SG trip that we were on, many of the regulars were disgruntled about the change. A family of 9 was among those and they came beautifully decked out one night, but the one son..about 30 dressed as a very sexy woman and came on the arm of his brother-in-law. This was a huge surprise to the family and all were amused but the father. It was so funny. The ship's Doctor went around bragging that this was one of his best sex-change successes.:eek:

Sounds like that boy's got troubles

I hope his feet are not big or he will have to look hard to find ladies shoes that fit.;)

Lola,

I agree, I would get dressed up anyway -- maybe not tux but certainly Sailor Boy would wear a coat and tie and I would wear a cocktail dress.Though I must say one of the reasons we are looking at the Costa Rica/Panama Canal cruise for our next Seabounr cruise is because I understand the normal number of black tie nights still apply on this itinerary.

In terms of any potential "Carnivalization" of Seabourn I would be more concerned if that happened in the area of casual daytime dress rather than evening attire(eventhough I always have been and always will be one of the proponents of formal black tie nights).I have seen some creeping sloppiness in attire on the past two cruises. Not so much just jeans( and I am certainly not anti jeans -- I live in them half the year), but torn, faded ones,and other similar attire. I really don't think casual means slovenly.

Archived