Things NOT to do/forget on a Cruise!!

southbayer

Hey peeps, let's see what things we can come up with and list them here, so we can all have a more enjoyable cruise!

Here's my tips..............

Don't chair hog

Don't cut in line, especially at the buffet:D

Don't get plastered and irritate everyone else.

Don't miss out on shows, they're fun!

Don't skip Muster Drill.

Don't whine and complain, make the best of a bad situation.

Don't gamble all your $ on first night, yikes!

Don't wear beachware in dining room.

Don't feed the birds!

Don't be a tip stiffer, staff really trys hard for us.

Don't settle up bill on debarkation if you can, long linessss

Don't make LOUD Whoopie, yes, we can hear it, LOL:eek:

Don't sit up front for shows if you are shy:eek:

Don't smuggle in more booze than you should

Don't forget to bring plenty of small bills, 1's 5's 10's

Don't forget cell charger, cords, tape, multi plugs, etc.....

Don't forget the sunscreen, and a good book.

Don't forget your hunnie:eek:

Dont' forget to make friends:)

Don't use Platinum line when your not.

Don't forget to make spa reserv. just after you first board.

See if you can add more:rolleyes:

Don't "do it" in the hallway, whatever "it" is, I sang in the hallway once so if singing is "it" I did "it" in the hallways:p

Don't climb up on things to get a better look/picture/whatever, you could "fall" overboard.

Don't get so drunk you embarrass yourself, remember people have cameras.

Don't worry so much about a schedule, relax cause your on vacation.

Buy earplugs for all cabins surrounding you if you wanna make loud whoopie :D

Bring your duct tape and put it over your mouth if you feel like complaining loudly, no one wants to hear it.

Don't forget to have an awesome time!!!

Carole

Bring your duct tape and put it over your mouth if you feel like complaining loudly, no one wants to hear it. :eek: ha ha ha

Is this a new use for duct tape? Do I have to use my mouth or can I use someone else's? Maybe that's why they have a large supply at the information desk:D

Over pack!! I easily didn't wear HALF of what was in my suitcase the first THREE cruises (then I wised up!!)

Don't bring clothes that are too small...you won't lose weight on a cruise!!

Don't forget to read the capers and the hand outs every night...there can be some GREAT information in there!!

Don't book your spa appointment for a port day until you see the specials, if you are on a budget (they come in the night before's capers...you can three services for $99!!)

Don't miss out on the $15 laundry special (again CAPERS)...you can actually fit A LOT of clothes in that bag!!

Don't MISS the Captain's Cocktail Party on the first Elegant night!!

Bring your duct tape and put it over your mouth if you feel like complaining loudly, no one wants to hear it. :eek: ha ha ha

Is this a new use for duct tape? Do I have to use my mouth or can I use someone else's? Maybe that's why they have a large supply at the information desk:D

ROFLMAO I think it should be optional whose mouth it goes on, up to the person that owns the duct tape :p

Don't "do it" in the hallway, whatever "it" is, I sang in the hallway once so if singing is "it" I did "it" in the hallways:p

Don't climb up on things to get a better look/picture/whatever, you could "fall" overboard.

Don't get so drunk you embarrass yourself, remember people have cameras.

Don't worry so much about a schedule, relax cause your on vacation.

Buy earplugs for all cabins surrounding you if you wanna make loud whoopie :D

Bring your duct tape and put it over your mouth if you feel like complaining loudly, no one wants to hear it.

Don't forget to have an awesome time!!!

Carole

LOL ................i like that........................note to self

Come with a good attitude, a smile :D on your face and to ensure you have a great cruise, do NOT be negative.

If you sail during Hurricane season, which it is now ;), do not complain when a Hurricane does begin and your Captain decides that it is best for everyone's safety to by pass Port(s). When you are on a ship you are by far in the safest place when a Hurricane is on it's way. The ship can move, an island can not.

Don't forget to make sure someone in your party has a watch.(3 of us in the room and all had forgotten their watches! - ended up carrying our travel alarm clock with us at ports so we could keep track of time)

Don't be late getting to muster drill. (I'm standing there in the hot sun,and after the muster drill announcement has been going on, and on for what seems like forever, you come strolling down the deck,fresh as a daisy, laughing- you should have to buy a drink for all the people you kept waiting for your arrival!! )

Don't save those great seats in the theatre once it's pretty clear the 6 people you're holding them for either stood you up, or have better manners then you and have slipped into seats further back because the show is starting.

Senoj84...join the roll call! I'm going on that Freedom cruise in November!

How about...

DON'T stand on the upper balcony in your speedo and stare at the young college girls by the pool while slathering yourself with tanning oil in places tanning oil wasn't manufactured to be. (AHEM...Pervy Cruiseman on the Valor September '07)

Don't put a tiny baby in diapers in the hot tub. The water is too hot for there little skin!

Dont forget an extension cord.

Dont forget a brush..you cannot buy one onboard (i learned that the hard way!)

Don't put a tiny baby in diapers in the hot tub. The water is too hot for there little skin!

Dont forget an extension cord.

Dont forget a brush..you cannot buy one onboard (i learned that the hard way!)

And a strip cord as there is only one outlet in the Stateroom.

Babies are not allowed in the hot tub. Children are also not allowed in the swimming pools; if they are in diapers.

And a strip cord as there is only one outlet in the Stateroom.

Babies are not allowed in the hot tub. Children are also not allowed in the swimming pools; if they are in diapers.

Yep not allowed but doesnt stop people and I have seen little ones (under 3) in hot tubs with there parents :(

Don't take the elevator if you can walk. You won't gain as much weight.

Don't wear a ball cap in MDR - hot dogs aren't on the menu

Don't forget to give your waiters/room attendants an excellent rating at the end of your cruise

Don't complain on your cruise. If you want to complain, stay home. Then you'll have something to complain about.

Don't fly in the day of the cruise in winter - weather can sometimes cause problems

Don't remove your tips - in fact, tip extra

Yep not allowed but doesnt stop people and I have seen little ones (under 3) in hot tubs with there parents :(

Hot tubs aren't that hot, but the diaper is sure bad for other people in the hot tub, think urine and fecal teabag to borrow a term from L2J many years ago. :eek::mad:

Don't fly in the day of the cruise in winter - weather can sometimes cause problems

you know the way the airlines are going nowdays, bumping people right and left, overbooking and then saying sorry we overbooked, I wouldn't fly in on the same day any time of year, the airlines just are not sure enough!!! JMO, Carole

bring your duct tape and put it over your mouth if you feel like complaining loudly, no one wants to hear it. :eek: Ha ha ha

is this a new use for duct tape? Do i have to use my mouth or can i use someone else's? Maybe that's why they have a large supply at the information desk:d

also works for "it".

And the number one tip of them all....

Drummmm rolllll..........

Don't go to the information desk on embarkation day asking stupid questions and throwing a fit, while the rest of us have to wait on your temper tandrum!

And the number one tip of them all....

Drummmm rolllll..........

Don't go to the information desk on embarkation day asking stupid questions and throwing a fit, while the rest of us have to wait on your temper tandrum!

Lol. Very funny!

Archived